Rumor: Coyotes aggressively in the mix for James van Riemsdyk (Now apparently out of the mix)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
John Gambadoro‏Verified account @Gambo987
Following Following @Gambo987
More
Coyotes aggressively in the mix for free agent left wing James van Riemsdyk and could get decision as early as tonight. Arizona competing with a couple other teams, including the Buffalo Sabres. Would be a HUGE get for the Coyotes if they can pull this off. Likely a 5-year deal.
Whoa...

Reactions: Joe Cooley

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
FWIW Gambo has been pretty accurate lately.

Connauton, Raanta, touched on/dropped hints on Domi when most others in AZ wouldn't.

The last time he had egg on his face regarding the Coyotes anyway was when he said the all star rep would be Keller and hours later OEL was announced :dunce:

Reactions: Joe Cooley

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
I’m usually a pretty patient person, but I seriously can’t take the wait and anticipation from this anymore...I must know.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Phoenix or Buffalo, though...the great equalizer. Is JvR married? If he’s single, the choice is clear. Haha.

He's single and has played with Stepan before. Never lived in warm weather. Scottsdale might win us this one.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
He's single and has played with Stepan before. Never lived in warm weather. Scottsdale might win us this one.

That and rumblings I guess are that he’d like to play for Toc...Coach/lifestyle/Stepan and a big American contingent on the team...farther along then BUF in the rebuild process...it might, actually, be possible.

Reactions: BeSeeingYouSeattle

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
FWIW Gambo has been pretty accurate lately.

Connauton, Raanta, touched on/dropped hints on Domi when most others in AZ wouldn't.

The last time he had egg on his face regarding the Coyotes anyway was when he said the all star rep would be Keller and hours later OEL was announced :dunce:

You missed his hot take on draft day where he tweeted Montreal was taking Brady Tkachuk.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
"Still a fluid situation... "

"No one has given me anything on this since the otherday, and I'm not allowed to report on anything the team doesn't greenlight first, so I'll attempt to be relevant as an 'insider' by reposting Gambo's tweet and making a noncommittal answer that adds nothing to the conversation. "

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
"Still a fluid situation... "

"No one has given me anything on this since the otherday, and I'm not allowed to report on anything the team doesn't greenlight first, so I'll attempt to be relevant as an 'insider' by reposting Gambo's tweet and making a noncommittal answer that adds nothing to the conversation. "

Craig just doesn't put the work in other beat reporters do. He hasn't really cultivated his own connections despite covering the team for however many years now. If he did, he'd garner enough respect that you couldn't just blacklist him if he criticized the organization.

Reactions: BeSeeingYouSeattle

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Well, he's cultivated his position as the team's mouth piece. That obviously has value, and he gets his share of "scoops" that way. It just makes him worthless outside of that, and obviously occasionally blindsided by out of market media. Or by Gambo of all people who clearly has people he talks to in a non -official -mouthpiece capacity despite a sporadic, at best, history of coverage.

It's mostly depressing because Morgan was once the only one to ask uncomfortable questions. From good to worthless was a steep career drop.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Well Gambo has Tocc's phone number so he should have decent inside info. I still can't see us affording what he will cost unless we dump a contract or two.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Well Gambo has Tocc's phone number so he should have decent inside info. I still can't see us affording what he will cost unless we dump a contract or two.

Coyotes aren't even at the floor yet in real dollars. There's room.

Reactions: kbay
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->