OT: Coyotes adopt team dog, Luna (UPD: Graduation Day!)

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
I considered getting a dog (it's been about two decades since I had one). I did get to researching and thought a Carolina Dog would work well. Temperament can sometimes be an issue, but can work well if raised from a pup. For now, I'm fine without one, but someday...

Glad to see the team supporting service dogs

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I just looked into greyhound rescues, I guess they bring them in from neighboring states that still allow racing. Hopefully the racing ends up outlawed everywhere. However, if I can get a two year old retired racer a few years from now, I’m doing it.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
As much as I liked my German Shepherd who just passed away this summer, I don’t think I’d get another one. He was a really good dog but German Shepherds are very vocal and they have a lot of fur. Also, I like big dogs, but 80+ pounds is a bit excessive.

Greyhound rescue was always my plan. Best dogs ever. Dog tracks got shut down though. So I guess that’s out. Not sure if they make great pets though f they’re pets from birth. I think a lot of the benefits of having one as a pet come from it being raised as racing dog. I’ll have to do some research there. But every rescued greyhound I’ve ever met has blown me away in terms of temperament. Just the most easy going, laid back, chill dogs. And very short fur.
We had two greyhounds at the same time. The sweetest dogs ever. Now we have a pit bull and we love him to death, such a great dog.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I just looked into greyhound rescues, I guess they bring them in from neighboring states that still allow racing. Hopefully the racing ends up outlawed everywhere. However, if I can get a two year old retired racer a few years from now, I’m doing it.
You won't be sorry.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
My old family dog was called Luna - a springer spaniel. She would go mental sometimes so she soon became known as Loopy Luna (this is long before Harry Potter).

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Last November, I welcomed a "rescue." A friend 's mom was remarrying, and not a fan of her soon-to-be husband's dog (or any dog, in general). So, I took in an 8 year old golden retriever.

I kept his original name... Barrett :thumbu:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->