GDT: Coyotes (26-27-5) @ Flames (35-16-7) 2PM MT SNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Solid game overall. Depth scoring has been really nice, especially with the top line being a bit pedestrian recently. Big 2 points!

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
I'm going to have to start charging for my services.
1-0-0 when I’m present... your welcome.

giphy.gif

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
I don't think I actively dislike any of our players at the moment. Not sure if that's ever been the case before. Funny what a winning record can do. :)

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
Bennett still has a tunnel vision, but he is getting better at it which is nice to see...Anyway, great game, Smith looked great for the most part. Very happy about his recent play, could be found gold for us. Top line has gone cold, but our bottom six is really chipping in. I cannot say enough good things about Ryan lately, so glad we signed him.

Reactions: Janks

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Bennett still has a tunnel vision, but he is getting better at it which is nice to see...Anyway, great game, Smith looked great for the most part. Very happy about his recent play, could be found gold for us. Top line has gone cold, but our bottom six is really chipping in. I cannot say enough good things about Ryan lately, so glad we signed him.
Agreed on Bennett, he's finally breaking out of that junior mentality.

Reactions: Janks

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
Regardless of Eat Breads "hot streak"...if you want to call it that...I'd still plug in lazar over him for at least a game to see what happens.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Regardless of Eat Breads "hot streak"...if you want to call it that...I'd still plug in lazar over him for at least a game to see what happens.

That'd be dumb. Over the last 13 games, not only has Mangiapane posted 2G 2A, he's had a notable touch on two further goals, one where he circled out of the cycle and found Brodie at the point which Ryan and Hathaway both tipped it, and then one just last game where he got a very dangerous shot up high on net that created the rebound which Hathaway reset to the point, and then Giordano shot and Ryan tipped. If Tertiary points were a thing that'd be 6pts in 13 games.

That's six goals in the last 13 games directly influenced by a guy playing less than 10 minutes a night with no special teams.

Now that's just goals. Over those same 13 games Mangiapane has posted a CF% of 55.24%. The only players higher over that span have been Matthew Tkachuk and three whole games of Austin Czarnik.

Kid is breaking out right now. And his upside is a top 6 forward, like Brendan Gallagher.

Lazar's upside is a Curtis Lazar that doesn't have Stone Hands. Only guy who should come out for Lazar is Hathaway IF Hathaway goes cold or gets complacent.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
That'd be dumb. Over the last 13 games, not only has Mangiapane posted 2G 2A, he's had a notable touch on two further goals, one where he circled out of the cycle and found Brodie at the point which Ryan and Hathaway both tipped it, and then one just last game where he got a very dangerous shot up high on net that created the rebound which Hathaway reset to the point, and then Giordano shot and Ryan tipped. If Tertiary points were a thing that'd be 6pts in 13 games.

That's six goals in the last 13 games directly influenced by a guy playing less than 10 minutes a night with no special teams.

Now that's just goals. Over those same 13 games Mangiapane has posted a CF% of 55.24%. The only players higher over that span have been Matthew Tkachuk and three whole games of Austin Czarnik.

Kid is breaking out right now. And his upside is a top 6 forward, like Brendan Gallagher.

Lazar's upside is a Curtis Lazar that doesn't have Stone Hands. Only guy who should come out for Lazar is Hathaway IF Hathaway goes cold or gets complacent.

Wow, I'm super impressed...please. Mangiapane is lucky he can stay on his skates half the time. I'm talking about starting Lazar for a game or two to see how does. Jesus man :rolleyes:

Khrox

May 31, 2018

Did you really just argue tertiary points? Like I get it, sometimes plays happen that a person who did work doesn't get a point. But I would imagine you would just completely disregard this entire argument if someone applied the same to, let's say, Monahan, because it wouldn't fit your narrative. I mean, how many times has Monahan won a face off, it goes back to Gio. Gio passes it to Johnny. Johnny shoots and it's tipped by Tkachuk. By that logic, Tertiary points means that Monahan is much better than you'd ever give him credit for (as the entire goal doesn't happen without him). But if someone did that, I could easily see you going on about how "Monahan didn't contribute anything, and just got lucky to touch the puck".

And I like Mangi, but if someone has 4 points in thirteen games, and you sub them out for a game or two (especially when they are young, and rookies), 90% of the time people would be like "Yeah, let him watch the game from the box, and just see how much time he actually has out there." And it would give Lazar a shot to see if he fits in Peters system at all at the NHL level.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
I mean I get not wanting to pull Mangi out when he’s just starting to look comfortable out there. Probably not the best thing for his confidence

If he strings together a couple of duds or something it’s a different story, I’d rather pull Hathaway as well though if we’re just putting Lazar in for the sake of putting him in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad