Speculation: Coyotes 2021 Offseason Roster Discussion Thread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Yeah that's fine - add picks to even up the value.

What I'm saying is if you trade Dvorak, you dont need to take high reward/high risks. Dvorak is worth a young player ready to contribute in the NHL in the next year or two with little to no risk.

Reactions: Heldig

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I guess because he has a ton of trade value and is over 25.

I suspect there's more to it than that, especially given how tight a lid BA usually seems to want to keep on the franchise. Grain of salt for media speculation, but there is a difference between "Armstrong is listening to offers for Dvorak" and "The Coyotes are working to trade Dvorak." And at this point, with seven picks in the first two rounds of the Draft, moving Dvorak for draft capital at this point seems rather unnecessary.

I just get the feeling that something about Dvorak rubbed Armstrong wrong. I don't know why I feel that way, or what it could be, but just taking everything out there more or less at face value, I think there's something underlying this.

Reactions: Jakey53

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
I suspect there's more to it than that, especially given how tight a lid BA usually seems to want to keep on the franchise. Grain of salt for media speculation, but there is a difference between "Armstrong is listening to offers for Dvorak" and "The Coyotes are working to trade Dvorak." And at this point, with seven picks in the first two rounds of the Draft, moving Dvorak for draft capital at this point seems rather unnecessary.

I just get the feeling that something about Dvorak rubbed Armstrong wrong. I don't know why I feel that way, or what it could be, but just taking everything out there more or less at face value, I think there's something underlying this.
I don’t think there’s anything driving this other than Dvorak is actually desirable league wide. I think Armstrong would like to trade Keller and Schmaltz as well but no one wants their contracts.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40

I agree with trading Dvorak being unnecessary. I disagree about GMBA. Every indication tells me that other teams asking about the availability of CD, not that he is being shopped around. There is no reason to trade him right now.

Reactions: Kai Yo T and RemoAZ

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Did anyone actually read or hear Morgan say this?

I read every article and tweet and listen to every podcast.

His latest neutral zone article, which I believe are paywalled. He didn’t say “top” prospect though

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40

...speculation from a suggestion? It was probably Morgan suggesting the price before the draft, where you can judge the picks value of where in the 1st round that pick is. Now, saying a 1st, the value is less... And a 'prospect' is so vague.

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I agree with trading Dvorak being unnecessary. I disagree about GMBA. Every indication tells me that other teams asking about the availability of CD, not that he is being shopped around. There is no reason to trade him right now.

That's what I think. You go selling off assets in bulk like we did and people are gonna assume you're open for business and come calling. He's a desirable player. IF he's traded I'd expect that the return would be pretty convincing, since I don't think we're actively pursuing/initiating a trade. Nothing more complicated than that.

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
I think we could get Zary+ from Calgary. Or at least that would be the asking price.
I'm not convinced Calgary is interested in Dvorak. He's a better fit on a more desperate playoff team. Calgary isn't rising. They need to keep Zary and the prized pick that BA would steal and focus on building the future. Dvorak should center Stone and Paciaretti.

Yotes4Cup

Dec 1, 2017
I'm not convinced Calgary is interested in Dvorak. He's a better fit on a more desperate playoff team. Calgary isn't rising. They need to keep Zary and the prized pick that BA would steal and focus on building the future. Dvorak should center Stone and Paciaretti.
The Flames ownership sadly thinks they're a contender. They're building to win right now when they shouldn't be

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Calgary wants to build around Tkachuk. Lots of rumours of Tkachuk wanting out (St Louis likely being the source). Who was Tkachuk’s C in junior? Dvorak. Not hard to connect the dots if u see a struggling franchise trying to appease their star player.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Calgary wants to build around Tkachuk. Lots of rumours of Tkachuk wanting out (St Louis likely being the source). Who was Tkachuk’s C in junior? Dvorak. Not hard to connect the dots if u see a struggling franchise trying to appease their star player.
Didn’t Tkachuk once call him the best captain he’s played for? (Assuming he meant apart from Gio).

I’d do Dvo for Zary. I’d even let them add Lucic as a dump if they’d kick in a pick. Like Dvo for Lucic, Zary, and a 2nd. Keeps them out of caphell and gets us another asset.

Pretty big reset for their room too. A lot of smoke around that room. Gio and Looch probably aren’t the problem but maybe them leaving gets others to step up and the problem takes care of itself.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Didn’t Tkachuk once call him the best captain he’s played for? (Assuming he meant apart from Gio).

I’d do Dvo for Zary. I’d even let them add Lucic as a dump if they’d kick in a pick. Like Dvo for Lucic, Zary, and a 2nd. Keeps them out of caphell and gets us another asset.

Pretty big reset for their room too. A lot of smoke around that room. Gio and Looch probably aren’t the problem but maybe them leaving gets others to step up and the problem takes care of itself.
For a team that brought in Sutter with a GM thats a five game losing streak from losing his job there has been shockingly very little turnover in Calgary.

Reactions: Jakey53

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008

NYR fan coming in peace. What would ARI want from the rangers in return for DVO. I think him and Chytil being interchangeable between the 2-3 center positions for the next couple years can really help them take a step fwd. At best Dvorak and Panarin hit it off and he finds another offensive gear as a 2C with a solid deal and solid age fit for our team. At worst he drops to 3C and the rangers replicate Tampa’s 3rd line as DVo assumes a Yani Gourde role.
It seems to me the Yotes are in full tank mode for the next 2 drafts. Hopefully after all those moves maybe they can convince Matthews to come home in Free Agency.... but that’s a long ways off yet.
It seems having DVo would hurt the Yotes draft position more then help it, but it’s important to stay competitive, you can’t let that losing culture get dug in, it’s hard to get out if that happens.
I assume the NYR 1st next year, Georgiev to pair with Hutton would be an upgrade?
What else would you be looking for?
RD/LD? We have quite a few solid top 4 and beyond prospects?
We can however, include strome and you could flip him for more assets at the deadline. He’s a UFA making 4.5 mill this season, he brings back a 2nd plus prospect easily... thoughts??
Odds are he bolts before or right as you guys start turning the corner on his next deal???

Last edited:

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Who trades a 25 year old two way C with a very good 200 foot game with offensive upside with term and a very acceptable cap hit? Nobody. That’s why there’s interest.
And why on earth are we even entertaining trading him.

Next to Chychrun he’s the next best thing we’ve got with that contract and production.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad