Speculation: Coyotes 2021 Offseason Roster Discussion Thread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
What if it's Monahan and a first though? Doubt it would be. Probably a second but a good second. Calgary is going to suck.
Dvorak for Monahan runs counter to everything BA has done since he took over. Dvorak for Zary makes a lot more sense for the Coyotes. And if Brad Treliving and Don Maloney are desperate to save their jobs (as the Coleman and Zadorov deals indicate) then Dvorak for Zary makes sense for them, too. Dvorak is going to be a much better NHL player than Zary next season, and probably for a few seasons.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Of all the teams mentioned I think Ottawa is our best trade partner for Dvorak. They have a ton of prospects, picks and cap space and are at the point in their rebuild when they want to start becoming more competitive.

maybe something around Pinto or Brannstrom or Norris?

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
CF is showing Calgary with 12.1 in cap-space. Vladar takes that down to 11.4 and Dube down to about 9 and Zadorov down to about 7, and Kylington and Valimaki down to about 5 as the total remaining space. Theoretically, the could do Zary for Dvorak and just keep Monahan.

You reminded me about Valimaki - he was on Maccelli's team for the first half of last season when they were pretty much top of the table. He left and they had a terrible 2nd half of the year which may be correlated.

Maybe Calgary feel they have the depth to trade him for Dvorak, allowing them to move Monahan on? I dont know how their D is put together.

rt

May 13, 2004
You reminded me about Valimaki - he was on Maccelli's team for the first half of last season.

Maybe Calgary feel they have the depth to trade him for Dvorak, allowing them to move Monahan on? I dont know how their D is put together.
Valimaki is not on the tier I’d want for Dvorak. They’d have to add a 1st to him.

rt

May 13, 2004
Of all the teams mentioned I think Ottawa is our best trade partner for Dvorak. They have a ton of prospects, picks and cap space and are at the point in their rebuild when they want to start becoming more competitive.

maybe something around Pinto or Brannstrom or Norris?
These packages are NOT equal and would need some tweaks or major additions, depending. But a few I’ve been kicking around in my head are

Dvo for Reichel+CDH
Dvo for Romanov+Drouin
Dvo for Brannstrom+Tierney
Dvo for Amirov+Kerfoot
Dvo+Korenar for Chytil+Georgiev
Dvo for Zary

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
I like Dvorak a lot better than Monahan. So I guess it depends on the picks.

They just stated picks. I wouldn’t do the trade. Even in a rebuild you can have to many prospects. If we move Dvo it has to be for a player with certainty

rt

May 13, 2004
If you don't subscribe, you should subscribe. It's a bargain:

I asked Tourigny if he is open to the possibility of not naming a captain initially, and just running with a group of alternate captains.

“Absolutely,” he said. “I did that before as a coach. I believe when you name a captain it has to be unanimous. When you name a captain, the owner has to think he named the captain, the GM has to think he named the captain, the coaches have to think they named the captain, the players have to think they named the captain and everybody has to arrive at the same answer.

Tour de Tourigny: Coyotes new coach is going to great lengths to meet his players

rt

May 13, 2004
How much do you guys hate this?

Dvorak for Amirov, Kerfoot and Engvall

A) I hate it a lot
B) I hate it a little
C) I don’t hate it
D) I like it
E) I love it

Me? I’m voting C.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
It's a D if they are absolutely trading Dvorak. C otherwise.

rt

May 13, 2004
Why do we need to trade Dvorak?
I guess because he has a ton of trade value and is over 25. Same as Garland. I suspect they want to rebuild as thoroughly and as quickly as possible.

Garland gave us a new #1 prospect for our pool. Dvorak is likely to give us a new #2 or #3 in our pool. The season we are about to endure is likely to give us the best prospect we’ve ever had.

Hopefully we can start to pull out of the rebuild in 1 one year if we get Wright and 2 years if we don’t. It’ll be another 2-3 years after we begin to pull back on rebuilding before we’re any good.

So that’s 4-5 years. Dvorak will be 29-30 years old and a UFA at that point. Which is why I could see BA deciding to move him now. Chychrun and Keller will be only 26-27 by then. So I see why BA is keeping them.

I don’t like it. I didn’t like moving Garland. If it were up to me I wouldn’t have moved either. But I understand it. And I don’t blame BA for it. It makes sense even if I hate it.

Reactions: Jakey53 and shadow1

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
At the beginning of the Coyotes off-season there was a poll about which small forward to trade, Keller or Schmaltz because we just had too many and not enough sandpaper. Instead a fan favorite was traded, and got a good return for him. That took care of that! I just can't understand why we would trade Dvorak right now. If the return isn't for a future #1 (RHD or C) then why? But I do acknowledge we have holes in our roster and still need to fill those spots. Hopefully we can fill them in a Kessel trade. I also noticed that GMBA knows a good rfa without a contract is easier to move than 1 that has a similar player with aa contract (that's a knock on Chayka and Keller's contract). I don't buy into the notion we are tearing the roster down for a tank, but trying to get the Coyotes back to being a team that others hate to play against. I predict that Jaskin and O'Brien will be fan favorites. Now after rambling on, the Coyotes will probably trade Dvorak anyways for a return that will surprise us.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC

A) I hate it a lot
B) I hate it a little
C) I don’t hate it
D) I like it
E) I love it

Me? I’m voting C.
C

I am not familiar enough with Amirov to be excited about the trade.

rt some of your other proposals are more appealing.

Dvo for Reichel+CDH -> C
Dvo for Romanov+Drouin -> B
Dvo for Brannstrom+Tierney -> B
Dvo for Amirov+Kerfoot -> C
Dvo+Korenar for Chytil+Georgiev -> D
Dvo for Zary -> D

rt

May 13, 2004
C

Dvo for Reichel+CDH -> C
Dvo for Zary -> D
C

Dvo for Reichel+CDH -> C
Dvo for Zary -> D
Just double-checking that you've got A as the worst and E as the best, right?

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse

A) I hate it a lot
B) I hate it a little
C) I don’t hate it
D) I like it
E) I love it

Me? I’m voting C.

Least favorite of the options you posted today. Kerfoot is another body to help keep kids in Tucson and can be moved for assets later though. Amirov has some nice upside and it seems like we finally are willing to draft Russians again, ha. I feel like Amirov is about to face some crossroads of hlif he becomes a bear untouchable prospect, or one that falls a little on rankings. His tools are decent enough, same as the toolbox. Such a great example of a prospect that could turn out very well if his development curve hits correctly, or becomes a decent bottom 9 guy otherwise.

Zary is much more of a home run prospect if everything goes right. Brannstrom needs to regain that homerun status, but the tools are there, the development seems to have regressed a touch. Reichel is another one with that homerun amount of tools and toolbox set but plays the most replaceable position.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
To clarify

Dvo for Reichel+CDH -> C
CDH is damaged goods. Not super high on Reichel

Dont want Drouin

Much prefer other prospects from Ottawa. Tierney is unimportant

Not certain about Amirov but it is good value

Really like Chytil

Dvo for Zary -> D
Really like Zary

hagg18

Dec 8, 2007
Good first rounders. Never know in the draft who is going to be what, but picking in the first round your chances of a good player is much better than picking in the other rounds. Our first rounders did not pan out, so I guess our strategy going forward is to pick in the second round.;)

I guess it comes down to scouting. My point was that those 1 and 2 oa won the cup in talented teams buildt around them. Not to mention the vets. that helped shaping those talents with an experience of winning and showing the youngsters what workethic is needed.

I think BA is starting with bringing in some vets. With good attitude. Maybe not the best players, but rather a good attitude then someone that’ll be a bad rolemodel for the Young talents. And to be paid to take on those short expensive contracts is great deals moving forward.

The lineup still looks really thin, but with a couple of more additions I believe they can surprise this season.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002

A) I hate it a lot
B) I hate it a little
C) I don’t hate it
D) I like it
E) I love it

Me? I’m voting C.

Not for me. Amirov carries significant risk that doesnt make it worthwhile. No need to take that type of risk as the main return for Dvorak. Much prefer prospects who have already shown something in the AHL/NHL. Chytil would be a great capture. Romanov, Zary, others like Bokk, Valimaki and Dellandrea already shown they would immediately join the level of Guenther, Hayton and Jenik.

rt

May 13, 2004
To clarify

Dvo for Reichel+CDH -> C
CDH is damaged goods. Not super high on Reichel

Dont want Drouin

Much prefer other prospects from Ottawa. Tierney is unimportant

Not certain about Amirov but it is good value

Really like Chytil

Dvo for Zary -> D
Really like Zary
Ha ha, yes.

How would you rank your trade proposals?

Thanks!

1. Zary
2. Romanov
3. Reichel/Amirov
4. Amirov/Reichel

5. Chytil+Georgiev
6. Brannstrom

rt

May 13, 2004
Not for me. Amirov carries significant risk that doesnt make it worthwhile. No need to take that type of risk as the main return for Dvorak. Much prefer prospects who have already shown something in the AHL/NHL. Chytil would be a great capture. Romanov, Zary, others like Bokk, Valimaki and Dellandrea already shown they would immediately join the level of Guenther, Hayton and Jenik.
I think the Stralman+Kolyachonok+2nd package is a lot better than Bokk or Valimaki. And I think Dvorak has way, way more value than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad