News Article: Coyotes 2018 Marketing - "Focused on the Fans"

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
http://arizonasports.com/story/1263660/coyotes-new-ad-campaign-puts-focus-fans/

Craig Morgan said:
The Coyotes are not employing one specific tagline as they did last season with “Coyotes 2.0.” “One Pack” and “Winter is Coming” (a play on the television show “Game of Thrones”) are two of the taglines Arizona residents have already seen, but Patterson said the team would eventually settle on something that carries over from year to year.

Not really aimed at us, definitely more targeted toward the casual fan.

Seems like this was rolled out late though, maybe due to the turnover.

Reactions: Lady Macbeth

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Yeah, us hardcore fans have Stockholm Syndrome and won't leave, this team will live or die on their ability to create new fans.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Ironically, Coyotes 2.0 would make a lot more sense this season.

Spirit of Lindgren

Jan 1, 2016
I think the new advertising campaign is great and Im glad to add my enthusiastic Stockholm approval to it.
I can't think of anything (besides the sport Im still a participant in) that is exciting as going to that arena and watching NHL caliber hockey.
Even if we aren't good (I hope we do get good this year) there is nothing like watching the NHL stars come into that arena..
I hope it works, I always hope it works and I don't mind vocally endorsing the attempt to drum up some enthusiasm for NHL hockey here in the valley.
Looking at ticket master right now, Im not even sure opening night will be an "announced" sellout...and its hard to believe.
Hey, go to the red carpet thing too! It'll make the players feel supported!

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
It's more about reminding us that existed at all.

I've never done that before. No way no how.

Spirit of Lindgren

Jan 1, 2016
Pretty sure the "red carpet" thing will end up being more "no fans" fodder. Not many people will want to give up their Saturday afternoon along with the evening. You get the extended introductions to start the game as it is.
That may well be.

You'd think they'd have learned from the tailgate.
Fans were saying the same thing to about the tailgate. (Funny, ASU tailgaters don't feel that way, blocks of them)
I'll never forget a band playing EZY-Rider a Hendrix song at one of the Yotes tailgates, I mean, I never heard a garage band play EZY-Rider, and it was just me and one old lady watching the band. We clapped and they just stared at us. Finally, the one guy just sort of said "uh, thank you"..it was funny.
I think these new folks want to give this city a chance.
I think he's serious like an above poster said unlike IA and I sure hope, if he is serious, that whatever he does works.
It'll be embarrassing if me and the old lady with the 4 pronged cane are the only two there..ha

Reactions: CC96

HerrDonut

May 30, 2013
Arizona
Pretty sure the "red carpet" thing will end up being more "no fans" fodder. Not many people will want to give up their Saturday afternoon along with the evening. You get the extended introductions to start the game as it is.
2 cents: I like the extended intros. It isn't the same ol' thing we get the other 40 nights a year. I especially enjoyed the wristband, uh, lights show we got last year - that was the most interesting thing I've seen in my 5 years or so of attending home openers here.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Bring back Pierre.

THIS!!!!!!

image002.jpg

He was an award winner....

https://www.nhl.com/coyotes/news/coyotes-win-nhl-best-team-marketing-campaign-award/c-428028

Reactions: pfp

Spirit of Lindgren

Jan 1, 2016
2 cents: I like the extended intros. It isn't the same ol' thing we get the other 40 nights a year. I especially enjoyed the wristband, uh, lights show we got last year - that was the most interesting thing I've seen in my 5 years or so of attending home openers here.

Agree, I had forgotten about those wristbands. That was a fun night. I appreciate the efforts of the marketing folks to generate enthusiasm for the upcoming season but as others have said, they have to win. Keep our fingers crossed on that. Hope for the best for hockey in the valley and I hope the top guys truly to intend to make a go of it here long term.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
We need the marketing company that does the Dollar Shave Club ads
LOL - Have you seen the newest one on NHL Network where the spokesman say's he'll deliver it to your home and it turns out he's in the guys bathroom, as his wife opens the shower curtain and say's "Hi Honey"? Cracked my ass up!

Reactions: RABBIT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->