GDT: Coyotes (+150) at Kings (-170) Take II

Status
Not open for further replies.

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
It sucks they lost but this game was encouraging in that the Coyotes badly out played the Kings! The Kings, with a little help from the men in stripes, got away with one tonight. If they Yotes can continue playing like that the wins should start piling up.

Oh and my god Doan was awesome tonight. I don't think I've ever witnessed a more ferocious effort by a single player.

Don't tell the main board that. The refs screwed the Kings. Doan should have gotten a 20 minute major, and a season misconduct for hitting. He's also a punk and the dirtiest player in NHL history.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Don't tell the main board that. The refs screwed the Kings. Doan should have gotten a 20 minute major, and a season misconduct for hitting. He's also a punk and the dirtiest player in NHL history.
Well yeah but you need to remember the mainboard caters to the lowest common denominator, it's a place where dumb thoughts are not only celebrated, they're enforced!

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
The L.A King's fans (the majority at least) are absolute jokes. Never seen such whiny nancies in my life. Imagine what they would do if someone actually did take a cheap shot tonight. Doan played hard and they are acting like someone killed their puppy.

Shepard

Apr 13, 2012
The Kings twitter called Doan a "Classless, careless piece of crap" tonight. Nice.

If anyone would recognize a lack of class, it would be the Kings. Divers on the ice, off the ice they act like clowns on their Twitter and let articles be posted on their website about if the Coyotes move what their jerseys should like like.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I wish Doan hadn't gone off to the media after the Coyotes were eliminated in the WCFs. I'm totally good with him going off in games, though. People who complain about guys getting heated with refs have never played a sport competitively. You hate officials even in Pop Warner. That's life. Most of the kids poking keyboards on the main boards just have zero personal frame of reference.

He's done some dirty stuff on ice, too. I've LOVED every second of it. :) He's not a consistently dirty player but he consistently strattles that lin. You know, how 90% of fans want their players to play. Haha. People are hippocrates.

I wish Doan would take complaining to the media lessons from Tippett, though. Tippett does it right.

SweYote

Jun 7, 2011
Lund, Sweden
Sucks to lose but that was a great game from the Coyotes. If you play like this you will win 90 % of the time. And how awesome is Doan.

Of course Doan should have gotten a penalty for dropping the gloves, but the refs probably knew they missed the call on Muzzin and it would just have looked too pathetic with only Doan in the box after that play.

Last edited by a moderator:

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Watch the replay. Doan is looking to his right, and then looks straight ahead with no time to avoid the hit. Muzzin is watching him the entire way, and is gliding with knees bent and a posture that says he's preparing to deliver a hit. No way it was accidental.

Last edited by a moderator:

pacerhimself

Mar 17, 2012
You'd think with all the wailing and gnashing of teeth that the Kings had actually lost the game. Seems kind of telling that they know they squeaked out of that one with a win thanks to Bernier.

I think I'm going to stay home for the April 2 Kings game though. Going to the arena on that night will not be good for my blood pressure. There will definitely be Kings fans, they will definitely be in my section and they will definitely be punks.

Last edited:

AZviaNJ

Setbacks, no Defeats
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Coyotes > Kings, but Bernier >> Smith. Kings win unfortunately. You know Doan's moment of rage was driven by Rosie/Brown last year....similar play/similar location. To his credit Tip didn't see it a predatory type hit, however it was at an absolute minimum, inteference.

Can only hope the spill-over from last night has a positive and not negative effect against Van.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Hidden in all of the drama last night was possibly Mike Smith's worst performance of the season. It was a huge game, the Coyotes were doing what they needed to early, and this guy starts letting in the softest of the soft because he's losing focus, and failing to track the puck properly. His head is all wrong this season. He was fantastic last year because he was able to re-focus and overhaul his attitude. Both are back to being totally screwed up for this season. He is not the same player at all.

He may be one of those people that feeds on being on the brink of destruction. A guy who can rally with the best of them. Yet when things appear all set to go well, he couldn't be worse off. We recognize our own. :)

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
Coyotes' extra effort not good enough

Not even a superhuman effort from captain Shane Doan could stop this 2013 roster from skating into franchise infamy.

"Our guys deserved to win tonight," coach Dave Tippett said. "We played harder than they did. We had more chances than they did. Unfortunately, we got a couple calls that went against us and they dictated the game."

The obvious one was Dustin Brown's apparent dive that resulted in a Derek Morris interference call right after the Coyotes had sliced the lead to 2-1.

"All I know is the league was talking long and hard about taking care of some of that this year," Tippett said, whose team allowed a goal on the ensuing L.A. power play to all but ice the game. "It's unfortunate it's not called."

http://www.foxsportsarizona.com/nhl...t-not-good-enough-?blockID=881545&feedID=4344

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I agree with Tip that we played well enough to win. Keep it up and the breaks will start going our way, and yes we WILL be a playoff team.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Both sides right now need to pray for Muzzin after he was viciously targeted by Shane Doan. He may never recover. At least that's the vibe I get from the always classy main board.

What's a "main board"? ;)

RonSwanson*

Both sides right now need to pray for Muzzin after he was viciously targeted by Shane Doan. He may never recover. At least that's the vibe I get from the always classy main board.

I don't think Doan targeted Muzzin. It seemed like Vermette was the one more interested in hitting Muzzin.

Not trying to troll here, but after watching the replay of the Muzzin/Doan collision, I don't think it was intentional. You can see Muzzin trying to pull his leg back at the last second. If he was going for a knee-on-knee collision, that wouldn't be the case.

And I hate intentional knee-on-knee hits. I witnessed a brutal one from Andy Sutton on Jason Allison that effectively ended Allison's season in November 2002. In this instance however, I don't think it was intentional.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I don't think Doan targeted Muzzin. It seemed like Vermette was the one more interested in hitting Muzzin.

Not trying to troll here, but after watching the replay of the Muzzin/Doan collision, I don't think it was intentional. You can see Muzzin trying to pull his leg back at the last second. If he was going for a knee-on-knee collision, that wouldn't be the case.

And I hate intentional knee-on-knee hits. I witnessed a brutal one from Andy Sutton on Jason Allison that effectively ended Allison's season in November 2002. In this instance however, I don't think it was intentional.

So what you're saying is he did it well.... that, or you've never played the game. :shakehead

RonSwanson*

So what you're saying is he did it well.... that, or you've never played the game. :shakehead

I don't know how you got either of those assumptions from what I said.

When you say he "did it" well... are you referring to Muzzin, and what is "it"?

I'm saying that it wasn't an intentional knee-on-knee hit, which is what Doan was complaining about. Did he "collide" well? I guess the results speak for themselves.

And I've played for years.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I don't know how you got either of those assumptions from what I said.

When you say he "did it" well... are you referring to Muzzin, and what is "it"?

I'm saying that it wasn't an intentional knee-on-knee hit, which is what Doan was complaining about. Did he "collide" well? I guess the results speak for themselves.

And I've played for years.

Referring to your own subject matter, "it" is defined as the intentional knee to knee collision:

"Not trying to troll here, but after watching the replay of the Muzzin/Doan collision, I don't think it was intentional"

I should have offered a third scenario where you are a kings fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->