Cox - Talks expected to resume Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
I don't know if you can question the validity of any team that wins 4 7-game series to win a cup. All you ever hear about is how meaningless the regular season is. Any team that battles through to a Cup championship deserves their recognition.

Now if someone argues that their team had a successful season because they made it to the playoffs, that I would totally discount. As a Coyotes fan, if they happened to make it to the playoffs & win one playoff round, I certainly wouldn't be claiming that they finally broke the Jets/Coyotes playoff curse as they may have well beaten a team which never would have made the playoffs if not for the shortened season.

I do feel for GoBolts & his Lightning Brethren & Sisterhood. They really did get screwed as 'defending' Stanley Cup Champions. Their Franchise has probably lost a significant amount of revenues as well from additional sales & marketing revenues.

X0ssbar

They have Bill Waters on locally here in Columbus for an interview and he thinnks there will be an agreement in place sometime next week.

I am not sure exactly who Bill Waters is and how credible he is but he's certainly been entertaining to listen to this morning. Saying "nobody on the union side has the balls to do anything"... Clearly he seems pro-owner.

Anybody know what this guy's story is for us C-bus fans who don't get Sportsnet?

....one great idea he is talking about now is that when this agreement is finally reached there should be a stipulation written in this agreement that for the next CBA if an agreement is reached by 'X' amount of time then a 3rd party mediator will be brought in. He also goes on to say a deadline should be set.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Top Shelf said:
They have Bill Waters on locally here in Columbus for an interview and he thinnks there will be an agreement in place sometime next week.

I am not sure exactly who Bill Waters is and how credible he is but he's certainly been entertaining to listen to this morning. Saying "nobody on the union side has the balls to do anything"... Clearly he seems pro-owner.

Anybody know what this guy's story is for us C-bus fans who don't get Sportsnet?

....one great idea he is talking about now is that when this agreement is finally reached there should be a stipulation written in this agreement that for the next CBA if an agreement is reached by 'X' amount of time then a 3rd party mediator will be brought in. He also goes on to say a deadline should be set.

I listen to Bill Watters on mojoradio in Toronto.Watters is not bad listen.He keeps coming up with different compromises to ending the lockout which include higher salary ranges and a soft cap/luxury tax system.Too bad the NHL won't consider any system which is not 53-55%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->