COVID-19 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Fam - we okay keeping this unstickied at this point? Baseball is starting back up, the NFL draft, and typical sticky threads have more discussion at this point. How do we feel about that?

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I can finally start smelling people at Walmart again and only worry about getting a whiff of BO, not COVID.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
So..When will be having fans at Consol? It's obviously insane to keep the arenas empty still and other teams, even NY teams are letting them in soon.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
just got my first shot...seems fine...Pfizer vaccine
I got my second Pfizer shot last Wednesday night. I really didn’t feel any differently after. I was able to sign up at Allegheny General Hospital, which was great.

Giant Eagle is doing a large three-day vaccine event at Heinz field next week if there is anyone out there that wants one.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Cole, here is an article advocating exactly my idea. Allowing those vaccinated into businesses to 100 percent of capacity at certain times to save restaurants and similar. It goes into detail about how it might work including checking for vaccination.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...munity-nights-keep-american-businesses-alive/

The "government is trying to kill small businesses" crowd would turn into "restaurants are discriminating against my right to not get vaccinated" real quick because they can't get into Saturday brunch.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Cole, here is an article advocating exactly my idea. Allowing those vaccinated into businesses to 100 percent of capacity at certain times to save restaurants and similar. It goes into detail about how it might work including checking for vaccination.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...munity-nights-keep-american-businesses-alive/

I will say the weirdest sentence ever: I do not agree with the process and at the same time I do not disagree with the process. :laugh: I will give my pros and cons of this article.

+ I mean they hit some terrific concepts like mental illness, loneliness, etc. If anything the article understood what people are going through.

+ I would say this article points to why the f*** are we locked down right now even without the idea? The science does not support these lockdowns at this point. At the absolute minimum - it brings us a PLAN to get back to normal. I applaud that.

=== They referenced something you and I have talked about A LOT https://www.medpagetoday.com/blogs/marty-makary/90504

I find this one funny because it sorta contradicts what they are asking. But that's a good read and once that many states got HORRIBLY wrong. Especially PA. And it goes back to my comments above that why the f*** is this country locked down for so many young and healthy people?

- They damn well know the time consumption of this is way too outlandish. Without saying it, I think deep down they know the time they buy to keep people at home is there. That makes me feel the paper MAY have some bias being the more people are at home the more they order from Amazon. :laugh: Let's not forget who owns this paper.

- This once again goes against the freedom for businesses to operate within basic parameters of our constitution. This also really starts to control people in a way. I know people look at this phrasing and say "OH CONSPIRACY THEORY ! WHO CARES!" But realistically the needle just keeps pushing further and further.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The "government is trying to kill small businesses" crowd would turn into "restaurants are discriminating against my right to not get vaccinated" real quick because they can't get into Saturday brunch.

Maybe i'm reading this wrong. Do you think small businesses were treated fairly throughout this? I think if there is one takeaway from every state, except a handful, is that we failed our small businesses so poorly. So poorly. We should be ashamed of that as a country. I think that should be universally agreed upon.

And I once again point to my core value of "Let people decide." If a restaurant wants to mandate vaccine proof, I applaud them. If they don't, I applaud them. It's their decision. I just consistently want to say Florida was the yay or nay in this. If their stats were so garbage, I think I would have to say 'Welp.. we have evidence. It's time to accept we have to mandate the vaccine." But when we have a situation like Florida... we have to look towards it and say "Welp there is the evidence."

Reactions: ChaosAgent

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
... @ColePens

I gotta say, I'm fully onboard with PPE and cleaning practices due to my job etc I've avoided going out as much as possible and seen my elderly family like...zero this past twelve months

But... Gonna be interesting in a couple more years...

.. I feel for anyone affected personally by COVID19, but... Even at triple the deathrate we know of right now, the response was ridiculous... That's all

Signed, an extremely liberal west coaster who you would think might not say what I did

Reactions: ChaosAgent

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
... @ColePens

I gotta say, I'm fully onboard with PPE and cleaning practices due to my job etc I've avoided going out as much as possible and seen my elderly family like...zero this past twelve months

But... Gonna be interesting in a couple more years...

.. I feel for anyone affected personally by COVID19, but... Even at triple the deathrate we know of right now, the response was ridiculous... That's all

Signed, an extremely liberal west coaster who you would think might not say what I did

Side note - i just realized the text under your profile picture and I fully 100000% support it. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad