COVID-19 Part V (not an election discussion topic)

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Nope, they never asked me for ID for either one. Just verbally confirmed my name, and scanned my QR code for my appointments. Asked me a few questions about if I were sick or had any symptoms that day. That's it. In and out in 20 minutes each time. A fireman from a local suburb did mine in that town's high school gym.
One question I had was, how are they tracking who got the vaccine if you dont have to show ID? Is it with the QR code?

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I would have thought they would ask for ID, see shes Canadian and not give it to her. I guess thats not the case.

I forget if they asked me for ID the first time. They definitely didn't for the second dose. I think the government just wants two shots in as many people's arms as possible, and they're not looking to create obstacles. Every vaccine dose in an arm is a benefit to society.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
One question I had was, how are they tracking who got the vaccine if you dont have to show ID? Is it with the QR code?

Yes. They scan a QR code for the first appointment, then send you an email to register for your 2nd appointment, with another QR code, then scan that code at your next appointment. And they scan it going in, and on your way out, so they know that you've had them.

Reactions: Hawkaholic

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017

I'm honestly kind of shocked. I've been vaccinated fully for nearly 2 months but was planning on wearing a mask until the end of the year, at least.

I have an (almost) one year old who won't be able to get it anytime soon so we are still kind of living the shut in life around here.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

Be prepared for all of the anti-vaxxers, who refuse to get the vaccine, taking advantage of this by saying "I'm fully vaccinated". I'm not sure what the point of this announcement is, to be perfectly honest. There's no electronic tracking available to see who is vaccinated and who isn't. You can carry your card around, and those cards can certainly be forged. Other than that? We just trust people who say they are?

The CDC continues to step on their dicks.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011

Well this is dumb as hell if you ask me.... without a way to prove you are vaccinated, those against it will just simply lie.

Thankfully I’m fully vaccinated so they’ll only get themselves and their fellow idiots sick.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Well this is dumb as hell if you ask me.... without a way to prove you are vaccinated, those against it will just simply lie.

Thankfully I’m fully vaccinated so they’ll only get themselves and their fellow idiots sick.

Exactly. The CDC is beyond incompetent.

Also, this is just going to cause problems for businesses that continue to enforce a mask mandate... Which I wouldn't blame them for, since they're absolutely no way for them to know who is fully vaccinated, and who isn't.. What f***ing stupidity.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Be prepared for all of the anti-vaxxers, who refuse to get the vaccine, taking advantage of this by saying "I'm fully vaccinated". I'm not sure what the point of this announcement is, to be perfectly honest. There's no electronic tracking available to see who is vaccinated and who isn't. You can carry your card around, and those cards can certainly be forged. Other than that? We just trust people who say they are?

Yeah I’m not sure I understand why they’d bother to come out an announce this now either. Makes no sense at all to me. I can’t think of a single benefit of it.

Hell even after being fully vaccinated my wife and I still wear our masks everywhere we go.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Yeah I’m not sure I understand why they’d bother to come out an announce this now either. Makes no sense at all to me. I can’t think of a single benefit of it.

Hell even after being fully vaccinated my wife and I still wear our masks everywhere we go.

It's just going to spur another anti-mask wave from the usual ignorant, stupid assholes we saw it from in the beginning.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002

So what? Those people aren't getting vaccinated anyway.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
So what? Those people aren't getting vaccinated anyway.

Well for starters I’d rather not encourage those who aren’t vaccinated to go around maskless spreading a virus. Just because I’m vaccinated doesn’t mean I’m 100% safe from getting it, or even worse, them spreading a strain of it that the vaccine is not effective against.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I'm honestly kind of shocked. I've been vaccinated fully for nearly 2 months but was planning on wearing a mask until the end of the year, at least.

I have an (almost) one year old who won't be able to get it anytime soon so we are still kind of living the shut in life around here.

I think it will be a decision that every person must make on their own. I can see some folks opting to wear masks indoors and in public for months, perhaps years to come.

Last edited:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Proof of Vaccine coming to Chicago. Seems silly to me, with how easy they are to forge and what i'm sure will be little to zero enforcement/punishment there'd be for having a fake.

It'll be funny to see grown adults being told what's what by all the 19 year old hostesses turning them away from lack of vaccine card

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Proof of Vaccine coming to Chicago. Seems silly to me, with how easy they are to forge and what i'm sure will be little to zero enforcement/punishment there'd be for having a fake.

It'll be funny to see grown adults being told what's what by all the 19 year old hostesses turning them away from lack of vaccine card
There are videos of what has happened in NYC when unvaccinated groups try to do "sit-ins" in a Cheesecake Factory. It's all a shit show.

I think Omicron caught everybody flat footed as cities started easing mask mandates. This variant seems to be doing a fine job of breaking through vaccines+boosters. I don't see how the mandates weeks from now will slow it down because it's spreading like wildfire.

That said, I'm pretty sure I caught Covid and I'm waiting for the test result. Fever, tiredness, weird feeling in my throat, headache. It basically feels similar to vaccine symptoms, but maybe a bit stronger and much more persistent.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010

I just feel bad for all the low wage employees who are now going to have to deal with the idiots even more.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014

There are forged vaccine cards, sure, but the percentage of them compared to actual vaccine cards is incredibly small, so I don't think that will make a substantial difference.

The proof of vaccination, for not only Chicago, but everywhere they're doing it, is simply trying to pressure those still not vaxxed to finally bite the bullet and do it. Given the large percentage of people who still are refusing, playing hard ball with them is the best/only option.

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
Triple vaxxed are still catching Omicron. Though early reports are showing it to be very mild compared to previous strains, with symptoms very similar to a head cold.

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

80% less hospitality rate in a country with only 44% vax rate.

This is good news, no? :huh: Or should everybody still panic and throw a fit?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Triple vaxxed are still catching Omicron. Though early reports are showing it to be very mild compared to previous strains, with symptoms very similar to a head cold.

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

80% less hospitality rate in a country with only 44% vax rate.

This is good news, no? :huh: Or should everybody still panic and throw a fit?

Good news. Science says you want the most dominant strain of a virus to be contagious, but the least impactful. Early signs seem to point to that being the case with this strain. A less lethal, but more contagious strain means more people get it, but it's like a mild cold, and they move on, as opposed to being hospitalized. This is the best we could hope for if the trend continues to show it being a more mild illness. This strain takes over, and it's little more than dealing with the common cold.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
There are forged vaccine cards, sure, but the percentage of them compared to actual vaccine cards is incredibly small, so I don't think that will make a substantial difference.

The proof of vaccination, for not only Chicago, but everywhere they're doing it, is simply trying to pressure those still not vaxxed to finally bite the bullet and do it. Given the large percentage of people who still are refusing, playing hard ball with them is the best/only option.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Bad News...Ontario has skapoed anotger 21 day lockfown set of rules starting January 5th on tge citizens of this,province where I live.

In my city of Ottawa we have ONLY 26 in hospital who are Covid "infected" (tested positive) though they do not tell us how many of tgese are merely incidental and mild or even asymptomatic and may be in hospital for other reasons abd only co-incdebtalkt tested positive too forxOmocron.

We have Only 4 cases in ICU with Omicron infection..

And we have had Zero...I repeat Zero deaths in this Omocron wave so far...

So itcseens very mild in severity abd not overcrowding our hospitals here...yet tgeycare so scared that it possibly coukd or tgat hospitalbstaff will hget infected despite 3rd doses to them that we I Ottawa must comply with tge Orovonce -wide "lockdowb" rules...again..

So for instance all indiir dining is Agaib banned and social gathering limits heavily restricted...

This is nuts....No Deaths ...and ignoring the data from South Africa and fron Britain about both mild severity and relatively low hospitalization compared to alpha and delta waves.

It voggkesctgemond...Instead of letting everyone (in a highly fully vaccibatedcprivibce( get Omicton...which everyone will anyway due to its high transmission ikity ...tgey instead go back to lickdiwn and fear mongering reporting every new "record infection" positive cssez where for most people it just is lije a cold.

This insane leve l of fear for this particular mild severity outcome of total "cases" of Omicron is not rational except ygat they have controlled the fear so much that the masses who have complied are nowcobditionedcto just accep abd do what tge Health Dikators command them to do.

They have manipulated cases /positives as dangerous "infection" to whoch despite most being 2 or even 3 dose vaccinated and many others already exposed and recovered from undetected Covid "infection" before/already...despite all of this ....once Again they are imposing more lickdown Gain...

Tgey have never shown lockdownsxever worked agai st thd virus in any variant and yet tgey still want us to "flatten tge cirve" we cannot control anyway.

Tge worst kart of this is tgat from the South African data we know Omicron has a short duration periodxabdxwpukd be over after the next 3 weeks anyway!

Yet once tge curve peaks they will clean it is tgeir kivkdown that helped the curve of infections go down...thus re-enforcong this control mechanism for future use in future years against any viral threat..

Tgey are mad with piwer and not looking at tgecscoenceand data we know from otger countries who were ahead of us with tge Omicron "wave".

Lockdowbs cause more harm tgan goid....both economic and medical abd psychological harms from canceled or delayed procedures...notvto mention the social-psych issues for children forced to stay home isolated as classes canceled.

Maybe tgey coukd rationally justify lickdown with high severity variants lije Aloha abd Delta were..but Mild Omicron?

GAIN..tgeir policies are over-fearr mongering and to me unjustified given tgere will be low mortality from Omicron.

It makes no medical sense at all.

I am p-d -ofc at the politicians who are listening to these crazies running Public HeaLth..

in fact. I FEAR tgeir kockdown strategy may allow Omocron to linger longer tgan it otherwise would and that ibstead of this wave collapsing in 3 weeks it could go another month longer beyond the 3 weeks s as the few they are "protecing" via lockdown will get it anyway after they come out of hiding.

It is crazy!

I an angry with the stupidity of my Provincial Government esoeciakky when tge death threat is not going to be substantial.

Tge remain scaredvifctransnisdion to tge exclusion of assessing tge actual consequences both from this variant and from tge harms of licjdown policy which may cause more deaths by itself tgan tge viruscdoes this time

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
What Canada is doing is absolute stupidity. Thinking you can slow the spread of Omicron at this point is a fool's errand.

Agree. It is very contagious but doesn't seem as severe. Lots of old people here catching it and over it in 3 days or so (I live in God's waiting room AZ).

My peers in South Africa told me weeks ago that it was like a cold....nothing to worry about. Either way, if you are feeling unwell please stay home. Society should have always been that way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad