COVID-19 Part V (not an election discussion topic)

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Own, I agree with you. Operate? That's another story. Shout-out to my mom and Dad. Lol

They know how to use it to make phone calls. They own one. Yes, many don't know how to operate it, though. But they have tech savvy kids who can help them if they needed to download an app to get into a sports arena.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
In Canada everyone has a health card. Perhaps including the vaccination certification there would be a solution for us.

Here in the US, we're still a third world country when it comes to health care. Can only have it if you can afford it. So everyone doesn't have one, unfortunately.

swerdnase

Jan 27, 2013
Playing devil's advocate here, if you could look up anyone using the app, why would a phone be required by the attendees? Only the ticket taker would need it and the attendee would probably only need ID.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
You have a lot wrong...

People who aren't vaccinated could carry it to the games, even if they have no symptoms, and then get other people killed. It's not just THEIR choice... Wtf? They are choosing to potentially kill other people based upon their desire to attend a sports game... without being vaccinated for a deadly virus.

And those who are vaccinated aren't likely to get it. The vaccines are like 90%+ efficient. The idea behind a vaccine is to prevent people from getting it, not to prevent people from dying after they get it.

Everyone being vaccinated prevents people from spreading a virus that can be spread by those with zero symptoms, who have no idea they have it, thus killing other people, unknowingly. Have you really followed this pandemic that little throughout the past year+?

I’d add that the more people who continue to get it, the more variants will develop that could eventually undermine the vaccine.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I’d add that the more people who continue to get it, the more variants will develop that could eventually undermine the vaccine.
The above is a huge concern. Health experts won't come out and say it but the mutations could put us back to square one and once again looking for a vaccine.
Fingers crossed that it won't happen but with so many ignoramuses refusing to get vaccinated, it certainly could. Underestimating this pandemic is the worst thing we could do.
Not to mention the poorer countries who will need to play catch-up or risk the possibility of being isolated and not allowed to enter other countries.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
The above is a huge concern. Health experts won't come out and say it but the mutations could put us back to square one and once again looking for a vaccine.
Fingers crossed that it won't happen but with so many ignoramuses refusing to get vaccinated, it certainly could. Underestimating this pandemic is the worst thing we could do.
Not to mention the poorer countries who will need to play catch-up or risk the possibility of being isolated and not allowed to enter other countries.

They're claiming that the vaccines are relatively easy to modify and they're probably constantly looking to improve them anyway. As far as I know, vaccines don't stop transmission though. I've heard rumors but haven't seen any studies and here in Switzerland, we still have all sorts of outbreaks in all vaccined retirement homes.

So the vaccines we have should hopefully lead to less bad covid cases but I don't think the current ones can really do much about new virus variants.

Malagahawks

We tanked hard and got Bedard!! Happy Days!!
Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain
Here in the US, we're still a third world country when it comes to health care. Can only have it if you can afford it. So everyone doesn't have one, unfortunately.

Avoiding politics but staying on topic don't some of the larger companies subsidise health care 100%?

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I’d love to go to a game right now but considering the circumstances I’m fine waiting until next season to do so. Don’t blame the Hawks for skipping out on the pain in the ass involved for organizing fans back into an enclosed area.

It was annoying enough for the restaurant industry and took them many many months to get things down smoothly

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I’d love to go to a game right now but considering the circumstances I’m fine waiting until next season to do so. Don’t blame the Hawks for skipping out on the pain in the ass involved for organizing fans back into an enclosed area.

It was annoying enough for the restaurant industry and took them many many months to get things down smoothly

Did you ever go back to your restaurant/bar?

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Im pretty sure you still have to be a US citizen I was just giving an example of where my state is at.
Just an update regarding this conversation about Canadian citizens getting vaccinated in the states.

My sister in law (Canadian citizen, dating a US citizen) went down to the states late March. She has stayed there the whole time, and is scheduled to get her 2nd dose of vaccine in the next week.

I'm still not eligible in Canada! lol

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Just an update regarding this conversation about Canadian citizens getting vaccinated in the states.

My sister in law (Canadian citizen, dating a US citizen) went down to the states late March. She has stayed there the whole time, and is scheduled to get her 2nd dose of vaccine in the next week.

I'm still not eligible in Canada! lol

That's wild. I just had my second dose a couple weeks ago. They're not even checking for reasons anymore in the US. Anyone can go get it, no questions asked. At least around here.

Last edited:

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
That's wild. I just had my second dose a couple weeks ago. They're not even checking for reasons anymore in the US. Anyone can go get it, no questions asked. At least aruond here.
I would have thought they would ask for ID, see shes Canadian and not give it to her. I guess thats not the case.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I would have thought they would ask for ID, see shes Canadian and not give it to her. I guess thats not the case.

Nope, they never asked me for ID for either one. Just verbally confirmed my name, and scanned my QR code for my appointments. Asked me a few questions about if I were sick or had any symptoms that day. That's it. In and out in 20 minutes each time. A fireman from a local suburb did mine in that town's high school gym.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad