OT: Covid-19 (Part 43) Let 'em in

Status
Not open for further replies.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
But they aren't doing any vaccinations checks at the door, as far as I know.

So there could be a ton of unvaccinated people in there.

I think once they can determine the impact of unvaccinated on spreading COVID they will decide how to proceed. I think ultimately it's going to be a "at your own risk" kind of thing for the unvaccinated. You will get COVID if you aren't vaccinated, so it's up to you if you want to roll the dice.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
But they aren't doing any vaccinations checks at the door, as far as I know.

So there could be a ton of unvaccinated people in there.

you're right. there is no check. but if majority of population is fully vaccinated (2 doses), it's safe to say that majority of them entering the area will be too.
Canada is 3 months behind USA on vaccination. That's the sole reason. When we reach the 20% fully vaccinated population, things will get easier.

We recently reach 75% 1st dose INCLUDING appointments.
we all know it takes a few days/weeks before immunity kicks in.

Quebec can technically open to full capacity for those who got 2 doses. but we don't want to discriminate

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
Heard only Quebec and France do this accounting - other places don't count having had COVID as having a vaccine. Any insights?
I'm kinda agnostic on this. Things change really fast and often during the pandemic.
They now tell the patients which got covid, that they can get 2 doses if they prefer.

With the first doses done really soon, we'll get better clarity and perhaps changes on things like this and waiting periods between both doses.

Last edited:

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
Le code QR, nous nous sommes rendu compte qu'il ne sert à rien d'envoyer les appels à Service-Québec. Donc, toute question se rapportant au code QR, parce qu'ils ne l'ont pas reçu par exemple... Une solution est en élaboration au niveau du ministère.

Nous maintenons que s'il y a une erreur sur la preuve vaccinale, ils doivent aller sur le site de vaccination pour la correction.

A brief english summary, Service Quebec can't handle all the QR codes issues/phone calls. :laugh:

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I think once they can determine the impact of unvaccinated on spreading COVID they will decide how to proceed. I think ultimately it's going to be a "at your own risk" kind of thing for the unvaccinated. You will get COVID if you aren't vaccinated, so it's up to you if you want to roll the dice.
Yes, un-vaccinated people will get infected... by vaccinated people. :laugh:

Reactions: BehindTheTimes

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Le code QR, nous nous sommes rendu compte qu'il ne sert à rien d'envoyer les appels à Service-Québec. Donc, toute question se rapportant au code QR, parce qu'ils ne l'ont pas reçu par exemple... Une solution est en élaboration au niveau du ministère.

Nous maintenons que s'il y a une erreur sur la preuve vaccinale, ils doivent aller sur le site de vaccination pour la correction.

A brief english summary, Service Quebec can't handle all the QR codes issues/phone calls. :laugh:
your ciusss tooo has the same issue. french is of kindengarden level

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
E2uaR_2WYAoFX85

Reactions: Le CH and GoodKiwi

King Makar19

Dec 5, 2019
COVID 19 is OVER.

Was good to see tons of people this weekend.

Social media is our own worse enemy.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I'm kinda agnostic on this. Things change really fast and often during the pandemic.
They now tell the patients which got covid, that they can get 2 doses if they prefer.

With the first doses done really soon, we'll get better clarity and perhaps changes on things like this and waiting periods between both doses.
Yeah, my thing is more along the lines of I got COVID + 1 dose. I don't care abotu a 2nd dose, but I want to travel... guess I'll have to wait and see.

Reactions: Holystik

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
When do Montreal and Laval go Orange? Also when do other regions go yellow or green? Currently not a single regions has a 7day average of red and only Chaudiere-Appalches has 7day average above orange. The entire province is technically yellow.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
When do Montreal and Laval go Orange? Also when do other regions go yellow or green? Currently not a single regions has a 7day average of red and only Chaudiere-Appalches has 7day average above orange. The entire province is technically yellow.
I think its the 7th..

Reactions: llamateizer

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Yeah, my thing is more along the lines of I got COVID + 1 dose. I don't care abotu a 2nd dose, but I want to travel... guess I'll have to wait and see.

I personally have the impression that the whole 1 does + covid positive = full immunity is simply to vaccinate as many people as possible to give them some sort of immunity. While in principle it makes sense, since if you have covid, your body produced antibodies to fight it off and the 1 dose of the vaccine was like a booster. I believe you will get a second dose just so that if at any time we are required to show a proof of vaccine, then you will be covered.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
COVID 19 is OVER.

Was good to see tons of people this weekend.

Social media is our own worse enemy.

Yes Covid is over.

My mother gave me a kiss. first time Feb 2020.
I watched the game at my brother's backyard. we put the TV outside. It was fun until OT. we went inside since it started to get late (oops).

I really really really hope that the vaccination does its job.

Let's enjoy the summer as safely as possible.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I personally have the impression that the whole 1 does + covid positive = full immunity is simply to vaccinate as many people as possible to give them some sort of immunity. While in principle it makes sense, since if you have covid, your body produced antibodies to fight it off and the 1 dose of the vaccine was like a booster. I believe you will get a second dose just so that if at any time we are required to show a proof of vaccine, then you will be covered.
Official word right now is,covid = 1 dose.

Reactions: Holystik
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad