OT: Covid-19 (Part 43) Let 'em in

Status
Not open for further replies.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
A lot of you in the states believe the government is run by a devil worshipping pedophile ring. The country as a whole scores poorly academically.

Used to be when we saw crazy people on the corner of the street screaming about aliens and lizard people we would just ignore them. Turns out you put them on YouTube and suddenly people believe them because it's on the internet. If it's coming from the magic computer box it HAS to be true.

Reactions: ArtPeur

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
The cool thing is we are all free to research and decide for ourselves.

I respect those who see things differently than I do but often times people do not provide me the same courtesy.

Two different cultures maybe that's why we are divided by a border.

Was that research undertaken during your 6 year doctorate or more just google?

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Weekly reminder that this video exists and is clearly, still very relevant:

Just curious,

You say this is "still very relevant". How is this relevant?

The video is from Feb 24, 2019, so before COVID, thus is not related to any COVID jabbies.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Do you live on the north pole hockey brother? We’ve been socializing in yards, terraces and parks for a few weeks now.
I'm in Montreal and you can't have 3 people from 3 different households dine at the same table, even outdoors. A maximum of 2 adults total when from two different households is allowed at the same table.

I didn't know that going in because I stopped reading about new rules and changes a long time ago. I wonder why they didn't inform me when I made my reservation.

This might work very well for those that have families, but it's unfair to those of us that live alone (all 3 of us do) and can't socialize. We're supposed to socialize in pairs and pairs only which is total horse crap IMO. I can invite up to 7 other people from different addresses to hang out on my balcony (cough, cough...of course all socially distanced) yet sitting at the same table is a no-no. Makes little sense to me.

Last edited:

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
I actually think Fauci does deserve some blame. He was in charge of managing this pandemic and quite frankly, the USA completely f***ing boofed it. Their handling of the pandemic was beyond pathetic, third world level pathetic and embarrassing. It's a stain that will remain on that country and it exposed the US as a largely failed state. The entire rest of the world saw how poorly they did and it badly hurt their reputation globally.
yeah but it's impossible to manage this country at a federal level. the coastal states bought into the pandemic measures well enough but the entire middle is just paranoid about anything government-related. i wonder if they even wear seat belts :laugh:

no concept of the greater good at all either, it's just me, me, me. screw everyone else

Reactions: waffledave

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal

yes but we had the same number of cases last year without vaccine...

giphy.gif

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
yes but we had the same number of cases last year without vaccine...

giphy.gif

Where were you from March 20th, 2020 until around end April/early May? You were probably at home like the majority of the population. No schools, most work, etc. closed.

Right now that .gif is representative of you?

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
According to some poll.

Nope. An American friend of mine shared to me a video about it (the vid had other stuff too). In that vid, it was mostly Democrats vs Trump/Republicans where Trump was seen as a saviour that didn't do anything wrong while Obama was the Devil. I stopped watching halfway because it became unbearable. The narrator had such a condescending tone on top of it

Edit. The vid started with a lot of false narratives and brought in QAnons right away. The first thing that bugged me was when they said there was no plane crash at the Pentagon in 2001 because we couldn't see plane parts on the scene :facepalm:

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
A lot of you in the states believe the government is run by a devil worshipping pedophile ring. The country as a whole scores poorly academically.

I am very 'pro vaccination' , but I had a 40 year old friend of mine die from vaccine complications 2 weeks ago. So even though she will be a very small percentage, I can't look at her 12 yr old daughter and tell her all anti-vaccine people are totally wrong.

Reactions: Cypruss

buddahsmoka1

Nov 15, 2006
Nope. An American friend of mine shared to me a video about it (the vid had other stuff too). In that vid, it was mostly Democrats vs Trump/Republicans where Trump was seen as a saviour that didn't do anything wrong while Obama was the Devil. I stopped watching halfway because it became unbearable. The narrator had such a condescending tone on top of it

Edit. The vid started with a lot of false narratives and brought in QAnons right away. The first thing that bugged me was when they said there was no plane crash at the Pentagon in 2001 because we couldn't see plane parts on the scene :facepalm:

Go to Youtube and you'll find lots of silly videos like this. Who cares.

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
Where were you from March 20th, 2020 until around end April/early May? You were probably at home like the majority of the population. No schools, most work, etc. closed.

Right now that .gif is representative of you?

I was making a gif of those who give that argument

It's so dumb

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Speaking as someone with a PhD. You don't need formal education to do research. And you suggesting this is embarrassing.

You don't. There's examples of sick people who did research and helped the medical field without having a degree. But those do not involve a bunch of google search. Those people worked hard for many years to educate themselves with the same books they use in a school.

You simply can't educate yourself enough about cellular/molecular biology, chemistry, biochemistry, or microbiology to know what you are talking about by just doing a bunch of google search over a year or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad