OT: Covid-19 (Part 43) Let 'em in

Status
Not open for further replies.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Me: I'm not gonna post in the COVID threads anymore.

Also me:

upload_2021-6-12_13-34-19.png

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
From a perspective from someone who lives in a state that is 100% Open and the cases are going down...everything down here seems back to normal.
When I saw the great Habs fans celebrating in the streets after game 4 I was ecstatic to see things getting back to a semblance of normalcy in Canada.

I personally would be so proud to see a full or at least half full Bell Center next week.

Since the beginning of time viruses have roamed the earth...time to beat this thing full speed ahead....

On Monday I have to fly for work and it will be the first time in 5 weeks that I will be forced to wear something over my face that does nothing to prevent covid. Even Fauci is on record saying masks don't work.

It's incredible how the concept of "opinion can change when new evidence is gathered" is hard to understand for some people.

Reactions: Crusher117

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Not different than coaching staff/trainers wearing masks in hockey.

Of course, some people will interpret it as some kind of submission thing.

It’s not a submission thing, it’s a conditioning thing.

Just like the ads they ran last summer with NHL players wearing masks.

The Fauci Koolaid is strong

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Can't celebrate my mom's birthday at a restaurant because my sister, myself and my mom all live separately. Had to cancel two separate reservations because they asked for a proof of address.

This was going to be our first dinner out together in over a year and all were very much looking forward to it.

f*** them and the horse they rode in on. We're just going to get together at my place and order in instead.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Can't celebrate my mom's birthday at a restaurant because my sister, myself and my mom all live separately. Had to cancel two separate reservations because they asked for a proof of address.

f*** them and the horse they rode in on. We're just going to get together at my place and order in instead.
Order some food and have a picnic

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
It's incredible how the concept of "opinion can change when new evidence is gathered" is hard to understand for some people.
The cool thing is we are all free to research and decide for ourselves.

I respect those who see things differently than I do but often times people do not provide me the same courtesy.

Two different cultures maybe that's why we are divided by a border.

Reactions: Cypruss

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal

This was going to be our first dinner out together in over a year and all were very much looking forward to it.

I started allowing more then 2 adults to sit together at my parents resto. The rules make no sense. If people tell us they all live together we just blindly believe them.

Licou

Sep 10, 2007
Longuh

I respect those who see things differently than I do but often times people do not provide me the same courtesy.

Browsing Facebook while taking a shit is not research. You have 0 grasp of what the scientific method is if you think you can have opinions over such complex subject with your "own" research.

Like it or not, the US exited this crisis because of early vaccination in dense urban areas. Houston and Dallas hospitals were hit really hard mostly because of the high population density but these urban centers have very high vaccination rates now.

I can't believe the hubris of some of you...

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
I started allowing more then 2 adults to sit together at my parents resto. The rules make no sense. If people tell us they all live together we just blindly believe them.
Yeah, one of the restaurants' managers was very apologetic, but told me they're asking for proof of address from each adult upon arrival.

Why? Cause they got fine 10 grand earlier this week for not following the rules and now his boss is afraid of another fine.

I'm not dropping 500 bucks to sit at different tables acause the experience matters just as much as the food.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015

Do you live on the north pole hockey brother? We’ve been socializing in yards, terraces and parks for a few weeks now.

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal
Yeah, one of the restaurants' managers was very apologetic, but told me they're asking for proof of address from each adult upon arrival.

Why? Cause they got fine 10 grand earlier this week for not following the rules and now his boss is afraid of another fine.

I'm not dropping 500 bucks to sit at different tables acause the experience matters just as much as the food.
Jesus. That's a crazy fine. I heard a few places in MTL got hit with fines already.
Its gonna be a terrible year for restos. Food cost keeps climbing, lack of staff and hard rules to follow making you lose clients.

HotPie

Dec 3, 2007
And alot of lies and politics. That's why most in the US no longer believe most of what we are told. Survival rate is over 99%...

Living your life in the fetal position aint much of a life.

Its like someone saying I no longer drive because I might get in accident.

I mean you keep throwing around claims without substantiating anything. The people who don't "believe" him are probably the exact same people who never believed him anyway.

You know, the same people who worship a certain ex president and drink the Qanon Kool-aid.

Nobody "lied". Who would've thought that vaccination would help bring the pandemic under control.

:dunce:

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I actually think Fauci does deserve some blame. He was in charge of managing this pandemic and quite frankly, the USA completely f***ing boofed it. Their handling of the pandemic was beyond pathetic, third world level pathetic and embarrassing. It's a stain that will remain on that country and it exposed the US as a largely failed state. The entire rest of the world saw how poorly they did and it badly hurt their reputation globally.

HotPie

Dec 3, 2007
I actually think Fauci does deserve some blame. He was in charge of managing this pandemic and quite frankly, the USA completely f***ing boofed it. Their handling of the pandemic was beyond pathetic, third world level pathetic and embarrassing. It's a stain that will remain on that country and it exposed the US as a largely failed state. The entire rest of the world saw how poorly they did and it badly hurt their reputation globally.

I think everyone deserves some blame, including Fauci, but let's not distort reality either. He wasn't "in charge" of managing the pandemic, and he was often one of, if not the only voices of reason pushing back against some of the more ridiculous narratives being pushed by the administration to manage the pandemic. I doubt Fauci had much influence, especially not after the first couple of months.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
And alot of lies and politics. That's why most in the US no longer believe most of what we are told. Survival rate is over 99%...

Living your life in the fetal position aint much of a life.

Its like someone saying I no longer drive because I might get in accident.

What...?

You are all over the place with this... Survival rate remain unchanged from the original to any known variants. As far as survival rate goes, we are at the same point today as we were 18 months ago, so what are your issues here? Where is the political gain? Whats the benefits of the lie?

If the goal is to control people through fear (of death?) then they are doing a pretty pitiful job here...

Reactions: Andrei79

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
It’s not a submission thing, it’s a conditioning thing.

Just like the ads they ran last summer with NHL players wearing masks.

The Fauci Koolaid is strong
We in the states are all starting to see Fauci for what he is....a total fraud.
Lol. Not surprised.

You are free to present evidence. Pretty sure it's wrong though.

Reactions: Andrei79
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad