OT: Covid-19 (Part 43) Let 'em in

Status
Not open for further replies.

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
E3jZ4XAXMAAAIWD

compare to may 31st (1st doses or appointment)

65 + = +5k people
60-64 = +3k people
55-59 = +5k people
50-54 = +5k people
45-49 = +6k people
40-44 = +7k people
35-39 = +8k people
30-34 = +9k people
25-29= +10k people
18-24 = +15k people
12-17 = +125k people

Number of people needed to reach 75% and projected time to get there)
35-39 = 16k people (about 2 weeks)
30-34 = 41k people (about 3 weeks)
25-29 = 59k people (about 3 weeks)
18-24 = 68k people (about 2 weeks)
12-17 = 43k people (about 1 week)

Last edited:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Got your shots man?
I do but I am the only one in a wide circle of friends who has done it. Now there are reports of significant issues with these vaccines and I am having doubts as to whether I should have received it. Buyers remorse

Reactions: Cypruss

Licou

Sep 10, 2007
Longuh
I do but I am the only one in a wide circle of friends who has done it. Now there are reports of significant issues with these vaccines and I am having doubts as to whether I should have received it. Buyers remorse

Source?

You know that there are real "significant issues" when catching covid right?

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I agree with what your saying in the sense that nobody wants covid, but it absolutely has benefited a lot of the wealthiest people in the world.

Not from creating fear. Countless businesses were destroyed by this thing. The government in particular has zero incentive to keep this going, they need the votes to stay in power.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal

"None of my friends got vaccinated."

"What's up with all these variants? Seems fishy to me..."

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017

Yeah but the problem is that if people don't get the vaccine then it's going to take longer to get where we all want to be. Good for you for getting it. It's about stopping this from spreading and mutating. People who don't want to get it are being selfish. You did your part by getting it. There is propaganda on both sides, but the vaccine is definitely working and the risks are extremely minimal... just look at how many people have gotten it.

Reactions: Tyson

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I’m sitting it out. I know that’s not popular here, but I don’t care.

Reactions: Cypruss

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Not from creating fear. Countless businesses were destroyed by this thing. The government in particular has zero incentive to keep this going, they need the votes to stay in power.
I agree with what you're saying for the most part. Governments absolutely want to squash covid, and I believe that they are doing there best.

With that being said, there is always going to be a political aspect to it. Where I am we have our government moving ahead with a re-launch plan. Yay! This looks like it won't be another summer of lost revenue for myself and my family members who own some small businesses. However, the opposition party is continuing to say that we are moving too fast because of a variety of reasons (variants being the big one right now) and are stating that a lot of rules and restrictions should not be relaxed until the end of the summer. I personally believe they are fear mongering as a way to win over votes for the next election.

PS- while I wasn't overly happy with the curfew in Quebec this year, there is no doubt they are clearly the envy of the major provinces in Canada with their re-opening plan.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
"None of my friends got vaccinated."

"What's up with all these variants? Seems fishy to me..."
From a perspective from someone who lives in a state that is 100% Open and the cases are going down...everything down here seems back to normal.
When I saw the great Habs fans celebrating in the streets after game 4 I was ecstatic to see things getting back to a semblance of normalcy in Canada.

I personally would be so proud to see a full or at least half full Bell Center next week.

Since the beginning of time viruses have roamed the earth...time to beat this thing full speed ahead....

On Monday I have to fly for work and it will be the first time in 5 weeks that I will be forced to wear something over my face that does nothing to prevent covid. Even Fauci is on record saying masks don't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad