OT: Covid-19 (Part 43) Let 'em in

Status
Not open for further replies.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal

few things. I believe they had more people vaccinated with AZ which is less effective against variants
London only vaccinated 50% with 1st dose.
Their strategy seems different. 50+ or with health conditions recieves 2 doses before general population gets their 1st shot.

_118696531_vaccine_doses_region27may-nc.png

Covid vaccine: How many people in the UK have been vaccinated so far?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Canada to receive 7M Moderna doses by the end of June. Still no word on how many Quebec will receive yet.

Since Monday, 200K appointments have been moved up. 100K of them today.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I see that our American brothers are free willing this pandemic now. Seems over in their minds. Are they right? Open for debate, n'est-ce pas?

Reactions: Cypruss

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I see that our American brothers are free willing this pandemic now. Seems over in their minds. Are they right? Open for debate, n'est-ce pas?

They're still getting around 400 deaths a day, which is around 1.4x our current deaths per capita, but they don't really care.

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal
Pandemic ain't over anytime soon with anti vaxxers and the Delta/Indian Variant running around now. Wouldn't be surprised if the US deals with a 4 wave. However they won't close or anything. US never really cared for how many people died.

I got my appointment for my 2nd dose on the 30th of June! Can't wait. Able to get it a bit faster as my good friend works at a medical company and they vaccinating friends and family.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Pandemic ain't over anytime soon with anti vaxxers and the Delta/Indian Variant running around now. Wouldn't be surprised if the US deals with a 4 wave. However they won't close or anything. US never really cared for how many people died.

I got my appointment for my 2nd dose on the 30th of June! Can't wait. Able to get it a bit faster as my good friend works at a medical company and they vaccinating friends and family.
It's a great date for your shot: it's my birthday!

Reactions: Crusher117

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
They're still getting around 400 deaths a day, which is around 1.4x our current deaths per capita, but they don't really care.

They are on the good end of the pandemic spectrum but as you said deaths count. Of course, open businesses and live life but the fact their vaccine program slowed down is the bigger issue. We’re in better shape because of our participation rate.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Also because they are probably tracking for risks of side effects, and they'll need at least 5 days between the shot and the first game.

Yeah, 2nd dose has hit some of my US co-workers pretty hard. My wife is getting her second dose tomorrow, so she’s putting aside the weekend to deal with any side effects.

Crap.

Couldn't they have waited until after playoffs?

What if someone gets side effects?

They still have a few days but I suspect it could be some requirement for travel and working in the US. I really don’t know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad