OT: Covid-19 (Part 43) Let 'em in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revansky

Mar 17, 2013
Montreal
Are we at 0 new deaths for the first time in a while?

We're even at 1 ressurected it seems :sarcasm:

E3NQSrXX0AUaRMG

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Are we at 0 new deaths for the first time in a while?

Deaths is a funny thing only because sometimes they count some deaths retroactively.

So 0 new deaths is a big step because I don't know if we've had 0 deaths since the pandemic started.

But that may change in a few days when they confirm some deaths were actually due to covid.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
They'll surely reset the goal for 1st doses again. The 5.6M first doses for 24 June will be met in the next day or two.

Only 70K more first doses and the 5.6M is reached.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
So I reserved a cottage in PEI in august 8-16. all of the visitors will be double vaccinated.

I'm reading that even in phase 4, they don't plan opening for tourists. is that right?

McGuires Corndog

Marc Bergevin juju exorcist
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
So I reserved a cottage in PEI in august 8-16. all of the visitors will be double vaccinated.

I'm reading that even in phase 4, they don't plan opening for tourists. is that right?

For the life of me, I don’t understand this.

People are buying into the plan, and we still are restricting the shit out of everything. If the vaccine works and the herd immunity threshold has been reached (it either has or will be in a matter of days) - open the f*** up.

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
For the life of me, I don’t understand this.

People are buying into the plan, and we still are restricting the shit out of everything. If the vaccine works and the herd immunity threshold has been reached (it either has or will be in a matter of days) - open the f*** up.

Only 33% protection against Indian variant with 1 shot. I think the plan is to open up everything when people will have 2 shots.

It's tough to put different legislation for people with 1 shot vs 2 shots. Imagine how it would be tough to apply.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Numbers remain reasonable again. Strange a Monday jump as it is generally the lowest value of the whole week. It's still 15 new cases lower than last Monday so at least it's remaining on trend of lowering.

I am curious to know what the plan is for regions to go yellow and/or green following these recent declines. Places like Monteregie have been yellow for months. Laval and Montreal are both yellow now for at least a week.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Only 33% protection against Indian variant with 1 shot. I think the plan is to open up everything when people will have 2 shots.

It's tough to put different legislation for people with 1 shot vs 2 shots. Imagine how it would be tough to apply.
We had no vaccines last year and spent the summer at 100 cases/day. Let's open up.

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal
We had no vaccines last year and spent the summer at 100 cases/day. Let's open up.
We will. They just going with the safe route.
We didnt have variants last summer. Indian variant makes up 25% of cases in Ontario. We need to get the 2nd dose ball rolling.
We can go to gyms restos habs games. Have outdoor BBQs. Life is pretty much opened up just with some minor restrictions. Our full return to normal is about 14 weeks away.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Anyone has seen any information on Moderna's shipments? Looks like they still haven't made the 2nd dose available for Moderna's recipients.

Reactions: dinodebino

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
Any info on the problem that people seems to have today to take their appointment for 2nd dose earlier?
I'm only a 'pilot admin' for Quebec/Portneuf/Charlevoix. If you live in one of those 3 regions I can help you. If not I can't, it gets to big and unmanageable.

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
It was a general question. It was all over twitter. (look at the reply)

Same in my 3 regions.
Today was our last planned AZ 2nd dose appointments for now. No clue when we will be able to create new slots. AZ users wait 8 weeks between shots. We better receive some soon or it's gonna get complicated.

Moderna is even more complicated as we never used much of it except for mobile vaccination, senior homes, pharmacies, a few rare days here in there in vax centres and people who come from other regions and so on. We are not able to modify/shorten 2nd doses for moderna so far, for now...

We're still doing a good job in compared to many countries/provinces. We'll see soon, it'll be 'ok'.

Last edited:

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
@danyhabsfan By the way most of those 2nd doses(mostly all Pfizer) who magicaly showed up as new vax slots(2n doses) were the leftovers 1st dose slots for the month of June which were converted.

We also have a slight new problem now, 1st doses are now getting harder to find/satisfy patients for dates/locations.

Again, give us some time, hopefuly everything gets better or most likely temporarly worst lol.

Anyways don't quote me, gotta go to bed. I have another 13-14 hours day tomorrow!

Last edited:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Kids are no longer required to wear masks in class. But still need to wear them in common areas like hallways, schoolbuses, services de gardes, and those kinds of areas.

Reactions: llamateizer

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
What about teacher? My girlfriend is a teacher. She gave some popsicle to her student yesterday and not one complained.

They only specified for the kids. But I feel for the teacher's, as well.

I work at a private airport and in my office, I'm okay. But when I'm in the hangar, there is no AC and we have to wear our masks. So it is really not easy to work with in this heat.

Reactions: llamateizer

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
E3Xn7FLXMAUyi0i

Cases below 200 again.

Looks like the total second doses administered is closer to the 1st doses.

Also, first time in a while we had ICU go up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->