OT: Covid-19 (Part 42) All Night Long

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
So they open my age group on Friday (may 7th) and I took an appointment today for may 14th since I wanted it to be a Friday. I said I had a chronic disease (in my head its only light asthma). Anyone think they will care given my age group is available a week before my appointment?

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
So they open my age group on Friday (may 7th) and I took an appointment today for may 14th since I wanted it to be a Friday. I said I had a chronic disease (in my head its only light asthma). Anyone think they will care given my age group is available a week before my appointment?
They don't check. Tell them you have type 2 diabetes or something.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

My coworker's wife is in the 40-45 age group, which was supposed to be able to make appointments as of this morning. But she was able to book her appointment yesterday morning. With vaccination opening to new age groups every other day, I don't know how strict they are at the time you book your appointment.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
My coworker's wife is in the 40-45 age group, which was supposed to be able to make appointments as of this morning. But she was able to book her appointment yesterday morning. With vaccination opening to new age groups every other day, I don't know how strict they are at the time you book your appointment.

I don't think they'd care much if the day of vaccination is open to your group. But we never know

Reactions: Adam Michaels

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal

I'm in the same boat. I booked it already and I do have a chronic condition that does fit the criteria, although I have had surgery and take medication which prevents the "risk factor" that can make COVID worse. Still, there were 100s of spots available so I don't feel bad at all. If people are afraid of the vaccine they can go to the back of the line and wear masks and stay home forever.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Health Canada has approved the use of the Pfizer vaccine to be administered to kids aged 12-15. But Santé Québec still hasn't given the green light for the province, which will be approved here eventually.

Also yesterday, a record number of appointments made, which is not surprising with more age groups being eligible. This should be the case over the next two weeks as each age group becomes eligible.

Reactions: llamateizer

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
If we were a month in advance we could have vaccinate all the kids directly at the school... now I guess they will need appointments this summer?

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
If we were a month in advance we could have vaccinate all the kids directly at the school... now I guess they will need appointments this summer?

Early August, this needs to be well organized (hard to do when all the staff is busy with the adults). Also, clinical trials are underway for the 2 to 12 group (and 0 to 2 group), so potentially when you open up vaccinations of the kids you can do it more globally for all kids. Even if the vaccine formulations for younger groups might differ a bit (dosing etc.). Sure we'll start with the teens.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
E0oioAXWEAcRp7W

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005

Those vaccination numbers will go up drastically in the next week with the larger Pfizer shipments arriving.

Pfizer delivery schedule
Distribution location12-18 Apr19-25 Apr26 Apr - 2 May3-9 May10-16 May17-23 May24-30 May31 May - 6 June7 - 13 June14 - 20 June21 - 27 June28 June - 4 July
Quebec230,490230,490231,660457,470458,640458,640458,640546,390546,390546,390546,390547,560
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Forecasted allocation of Moderna COVID-19 vaccine to provinces and territories

Distribution location12-18 Apr26 Apr – 2 May10-16 May
Quebec176,400137,200225,900
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

This week Quebec is receiving 457,470 doses (Pfizer only)
Next week Quebec is receiving 684,540 doses (Pfizer and Moderna combined)

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Is your vax rollout that shitty they don't have a plan for vulnerable people?
Vulnerable people have had access for a while now. They just don't ask to see your medical files to provide proof of your disease...

Last edited:

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I'm in the same boat. I booked it already and I do have a chronic condition that does fit the criteria, although I have had surgery and take medication which prevents the "risk factor" that can make COVID worse. Still, there were 100s of spots available so I don't feel bad at all. If people are afraid of the vaccine they can go to the back of the line and wear masks and stay home forever.

There's no code of honor to be followed in this situation as far as I'm concerned. If I hadn't received my dose yet I would quite possibly book an appointment right now even though I'm only 32.

FFS. We've been stuck at home for 14 months now and being told this virus kills. And all a sudden people are coming up and saying "well I'll take the vaccine whenever I feel like it"? FFS. Get the first available one and get vaccinated, everybody.

Reactions: waffledave

Julien LG

Dec 16, 2018

As long as your age group is open when you takes the vaccine, you'll be fine. they dont look at when you took the appointment, they look at when you take the vaccine.

Appointments get cancel all the time and open again, following that part of the deal would be a nightmare, especially considering they dont really validate anything.

They do ask why you're here but that is to determine the time you need to stay on site after vaccination (15 minutes standard, can go to 30 if forpast reaction to vaccine or blood medication or or or...)

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
But NACI said mRNA > non-mRNA.

If you work from home and don't go out, why rush to get an inferior vaccine, as per NACI?
Recommendations on the use of COVID-19 vaccines - Canada.ca
A complete series with the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine may be offered to individuals 30 years of age and older without contraindications only if the individual does not wish to wait for an mRNA vaccine and all of the following conditions apply:
  1. The benefit-risk analysis* determines that the benefit of earlier vaccination with the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine outweighs the risk of COVID-19 while waiting for an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine; and
  2. The benefits and relative risk* and consequences of VITT and COVID-19 for the individual are clearly outlined, factoring in the anticipated waiting time to receive an mRNA vaccine as well as the availability of other effective personal public health measures to mitigate risk of COVID-19, and the individual makes an informed decision based on an understanding about these risks and benefits; and
  3. There will be substantial delay to receive an mRNA vaccine.

Anyway, the majority of the vaccination offered is the mRNA vaccines.

Um.

You still need to wear a mask and stay home regardless if you get the vaccine or not.

For now, but that will change.

Reactions: Milhouse40

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
For now, but that will change.

I hope so, to give better incentives for people on the fence.

We don't even get COVID vaccinations cards here like they do in the states, or at least I did not get one.

What's the purpose of getting it if I can't post cool selfies on IG with my vaccination card, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad