OT: Covid-19 (Part 38) Close to You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toews19

Mar 9, 2011
Montreal
Unless a vaccine was proved to be ineffective now or at some point I can't imagine denial. AZ is the go to vaccine in UK, some EU countries and expected to be go to for many developing nations thanks to low cost. AZ efficacy is not questioned at the moment, now the issue is with possible side effects. If you get AZ and survive, you are protected. :)
I agree, although AZ seems a bit less effective than the other ones, and US Customs will give you a hard time if you're carrying a tomato, so I don't know.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
The best way to protect yourself naturally is to build your health through good food and training. Exercising isn't debatable. The question is more about how much you actually do outside. The idea of going for a walk or an hour hike in Mont Royal as a standard for good physical health or fit is grotesquely pathetic.
Going for an hour walk is actually more of a recovery form of training.
Let's not kid ourselves, the vast majority of people stay the f*** inside during winter, save for the odd weekly walk/run, or wtv.
Heck, most that have equipment at home dont even use it because we do not associate home with training. It's not an environment conducive to training for most people.

And you need food to live, you actually do not need food on a daily basis and you definitely do not need UBER eats.

How many poeple goes to the GYM......10% of the population.... 15% at best.
100% of the population are eating.

You seems to think GYM is related to good health but the reality is that very few uses commercial GYM to begin with and many are still in good health. I used to go to the gym. Play tennis for 2.5hrs.....don't need a gym.

Reactions: LyricalLyricist

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
This whole AstraZeneca debacle has to be karma. It's like the vaccine's God saying "Hey Brits, next time don't block export to Commonwealth countries, you dick."

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
If it was SO effective, don't you think Dr. Tam and others would mention it?
Curiously and no disrespect but how old are you?
How is it not a known fact the best way to stay healthy and therefore increases chances in fighting off foreign bodies is to employ a healthy lifestyle, ie eat well and exercise regularly?
This should be learned early on, as much as...you breath oxygen.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
The best way to protect yourself naturally is to build your health through good food and training. Exercising isn't debatable. The question is more about how much you actually do outside. The idea of going for a walk or an hour hike in Mont Royal as a standard for good physical health or fit is grotesquely pathetic.
Going for an hour walk is actually more of a recovery form of training.
Let's not kid ourselves, the vast majority of people stay the f*** inside during winter, save for the odd weekly walk/run, or wtv.
Heck, most that have equipment at home dont even use it because we do not associate home with training. It's not an environment conducive to training for most people.

And you need food to live, you actually do not need food on a daily basis and you definitely do not need UBER eats.

Pandemic is a missed opportunity to promote healthy lifestyle choices. Not only benefits against COVID but for so many other issues. Unfortunately healthy lifestyle choices are a long term commitment and we live in a society of instant gratification. Give me magic pill (or vaccine) and let me go back to my crappy lifestyle.

https://www.cbc.ca/life/wellness/wa...ar-old-when-you-re-80-work-out-more-1.4588621

From now on, everyone does a set of 20 pushups when Price is scored on. 20 jumping jacks when Weber misses the net. Please consult with your family physician before committing to such an extreme physical challenge. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Curiously and no disrespect but how old are you?
How is it not a known fact the best way to stay healthy and therefore increases chances in fighting off foreign bodies is to employ a healthy lifestyle, ie eat well and exercise regularly?
This should be learned early on, as much as...you breath oxygen.

You didn't answer my question though...

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
That's ridiculous.. these vaccines are practically safer than water.

Are you sure about that ?

Go to any hospital, you'll see the wards and the ICU is equally filled with COVID patients as patients suffering from vaccine related illnesses.

Obviously.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
There are many studies confirming walking may be the best form of exercise needed for good health. That's the only form of exercise my grandmother did, and she lived for 109 yrs.

Pretty awesome, hope you have inherited the good stuff from your grandma. When it comes to physical exercise, usually the key is do something or multiple things that people enjoy and are able to can stick with.

Reactions: Forum93

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
You also don't need to eat everyday to be healthy. You don't need restaurants open for deliveries/takeouts, let alone every damn day.
You also don't need schools open as they are.

So ya, what are we even debating here?
Will you die without gyms opened. No. But this definition of essential has not been applied.

There are a number of developmental and affective issues associated with school closures. I do think the benefits of keeping them opened largely outweigh those of keeping gyms opened. This isn't an optional part of their lives either, it's an intrinsic part of their formative years that they'll never get back. It's one that has a collateral effect on the family system as a whole and subsequently on the productivity of the members of that system. So, I don't think it's any sort of sound example, actually.

They also don't have an impact on anything more than a minority of adults from a certain age range, the few that actually do go regularly. In that sense, I do think it makes sense to consider them in a similar way most other non-work related gatherings are right now, balancing the benefits/risks on a populationnal level.

Last edited:

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
Pretty awesome, hope you have inherited the good stuff from your grandma. When it comes to physical exercise, usually the key is do something or multiple things that people enjoy and are able to can stick with.

Thanks, it would be nice, but she lived in the mountainous regions of Italy where she wasn't subjected to pollution and processed foods on a daily basis. Even the water that ran off the mountain was drinkable back then, I remember drinking from it about 40 yrs ago, not sure of the quality of it now.
True about the key to exercise, my favorite was racquetball, and I did it for decades until the back and elbow refused to cooperate, now just walking, treadmill and free weights. Not as much fun though, takes a lot more will power to maintain the routine.

Last edited:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
There are a number of developmental and affective issues associated with school closures. I do think the benefits of keeping them opened largely outweigh those of keeping gyms opened. This isn't an optional part of their lives either, it's an intrinsic part of their formative years that they'll never get back. It's one that has a collateral effect on the family system as a whole and subsequently on the productivity of the members of that system. So, I don't think it's any sort of sound example, actually.

They also don't have an impact on anything more than a minority of adults from a certain age range, the few that actually do go regularly. In that sense, I do think it makes sense to consider them in a similar way most other non-work related gatherings are right now, balancing the benefits/risks on a populationnal level.

I said open as they are, meaning, you could cut down the classes, 4 day weeks instead of 5, and it depends on age groups. But fine, forget schools. You don't need UBER eats and Skip the dishes. You don't need beauty salons. You don't need all the shopping malls open. You don't need SAQ or SQDC.
Countless examples of other things that aren't actually ''essential'', ie you'll live without them just fine.

Last edited:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
How many poeple goes to the GYM......10% of the population.... 15% at best.
100% of the population are eating.

You seems to think GYM is related to good health but the reality is that very few uses commercial GYM to begin with and many are still in good health. I used to go to the gym. Play tennis for 2.5hrs.....don't need a gym.

No offense man, but that's such a stupid thing to say.
As dumb as saying you don't need to buy meat, just go hunt.

You get your form of exercising playing tennis. Good for you man. Not everyone is going to enjoy hitting a little ball for 2h. I like to move weight, I like to pull myself up, I wanna be able to sprint and then press x amount of weight.
I should be able to enjoy my form of exercising as much as yours. If they close tennis courts, I won't tell you to buy a ping pong table or hit a ball against your wall.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I said open as they are, meaning, you could cut down the classes, 4 day weeks instead of 5, and it depends on age groups. But fine, forget schools. You don't need UBER eats and Skip the dishes. You don't need beauty salons. You don't need all the shopping malls open. You don't need SAQ or SQDC.
Countless examples of other things that aren't actually ''essential'', ie you'll live without them just fine.

Yeah, I agree, that's essentially what I was trying to convey with my second paragraph.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
No offense man, but that's such a stupid thing to say.
As dumb as saying you don't need to buy meat, just go hunt.

You get your form of exercising playing tennis. Good for you man. Not everyone is going to enjoy hitting a little ball for 2h. I like to move weight, I like to pull myself up, I wanna be able to sprint and then press x amount of weight.
I should be able to enjoy my form of exercising as much as yours. If they close tennis courts, I won't tell you to buy a ping pong table or hit a ball against your wall.

Tennis was an example. I suck at Tennis.
It was just a way to show you that you don't absolutely need a gym to have a healthy lifestyle.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Tennis was an example. I suck at Tennis.
It was just a way to show you that you don't absolutely need a gym to have a healthy lifestyle.
You also don't need internet, can go live in the mountain and be self sufficient. You can also do home schooling.
How are these arguments? Can we stop with this silliness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad