OT: Covid-19 (Part 37) Nights Are Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I’ve heard from drs that 3rd wave could be the worst.
They already mentioned it during Legault's pressers like 2 weeks ago.
They know it's coming back because of what they're doing. Pretty much everything open while 1000 cases still on and new variants in town...unavoidable really.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
How many lockdowns can the economy survive?

We may just need full-time Government basic income for all citizens and cancel all jobs.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Im okay-ish now Dino, thanks for asking! Never had any respiratory issues (thank God) but left me without any stamina and really tired all the time. I suppose that’s minimal but it’s tough being limited after always being active.
It seem that there are like two families of major symptoms when this hits people hard : lungs attacked and major fever bouts, or fatigue/loss of taste and smell. You got the fatigue one. It can last a while, man. So take care!

Reactions: Beendair Donedat

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
upload_2021-2-11_19-20-23.png

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
0-100 covid cases in 72 hours in Newfoundland, ouch.
From what I heard from friends, there was a high school age group of 100 or so party-goers in Mt Pearl (suburb of St John's) last weekend, which was the super spreader event, which seems to line up with who's getting the quarantine orders.
50 cases today, so hopefully they've got it mostly under control.

Reactions: llamateizer

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
0-100 covid cases in 72 hours in Newfoundland, ouch.
From what I heard from friends, there was a high school age group of 100 or so party-goers in Mt Pearl (suburb of St John's) last weekend, which was the super spreader event, which seems to line up with who's getting the quarantine orders.
50 cases today, so hopefully they've got it mostly under control.

Yikes. They sound like a bunch of Trump supporters.

They should be jailed, IMO.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
It's really a race. Do we achieve enough vaccines to weaken a 3rd wave or do we find ourselves confronted with the 3rd wave before that happens?

Logic would suggest a 3rd lockdown is likely but given the curfew hasn't been lifted we may be buying ourselves time.

It's a tough one because they can't keep things closed and a curfew forever. We really are at the mercy of the vaccine rollout.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
100% of theirs known cases since Feb. 5 are UK variant. So they went from less than 400 cases since the beginning of the pandemic to 244 cases in the last 5 days.
Don't forget they had all the testing and contact tracing ready to go before this wave started and they were able to test a lot of people who were close contacts of those who were asymptotic or pre contagious. It's good they were able to find that many people that quickly. Nobody has been hospitalized yet, as an example.
I suspect in a week or so they'll have a handle on most of the cases and then will only have to be putting out small outbreaks here and there.
People, especially the younger crowd had gotten very lackadaisical in their covid social distancing.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
It's really a race. Do we achieve enough vaccines to weaken a 3rd wave or do we find ourselves confronted with the 3rd wave before that happens?

Logic would suggest a 3rd lockdown is likely but given the curfew hasn't been lifted we may be buying ourselves time.

It's a tough one because they can't keep things closed and a curfew forever. We really are at the mercy of the vaccine rollout.

It would have been much better to pursue lockdown #2 until there are no more cases. Then for sure we would have had enough time for vaccination to kick in.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
100% of theirs known cases since Feb. 5 are UK variant. So they went from less than 400 cases since the beginning of the pandemic to 244 cases in the last 5 days.

Nothing much to do with the UK variant imo, they just had a super spreader, that could have happened with "normal" covid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->