OT: Covid-19 (Part 28) Stop Making Sense (Mod warning on first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Last night I said good bye to Carlito. He had been sick for a week and I had an appointment for him on Wednesday. He had bloody urine and yesterday he could barely walk so I carried him to my car and took him to an emergency clinic. Curbside delivery and I waited in my car. They called me and told me had a large tumor in his stomach and said they could remove it but advised against it since it looked like it had spread and we agreed to put him to sleep. Spent 30 minutes with him in a room holding him and crying. Then they gave him 2 shots and he drifted away. Tough having to do this twice now in 16 months and we really bonded ever since I started working from home. Will miss his belly rub demands and his gentle manner.

Take care and hug your dogs from me.

Sorry to hear that. We have a 5 months old puppy girl here and while I'd never been into dogs before, I can now understand how attached we grow to these little furry balls. I'm already scared to death that I'll have to live that as well some day... Hopefully far, far away in the future.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Last night I said good bye to Carlito. He had been sick for a week and I had an appointment for him on Wednesday. He had bloody urine and yesterday he could barely walk so I carried him to my car and took him to an emergency clinic. Curbside delivery and I waited in my car. They called me and told me had a large tumor in his stomach and said they could remove it but advised against it since it looked like it had spread and we agreed to put him to sleep. Spent 30 minutes with him in a room holding him and crying. Then they gave him 2 shots and he drifted away. Tough having to do this twice now in 16 months and we really bonded ever since I started working from home. Will miss his belly rub demands and his gentle manner.

T'as été un excellent ''Père'' pour ton chien :thumbu:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Montreal (July 28th)

- CASES -
July 20th: 28,075 (+75)
July 21st: 28,167 (+92)
July 22nd: 28,228 (+61)
July 23rd: 28,274 (+46)
July 24th: 28,340 (+66)
July 25th: 28,425 (+85)
July 26th: 28,475 (+50)
July 27th: 28,520 (+45)
July 28th: 28,608 (+88)
July 29th: 28,656 (+48)

- DEATHS -
July 20th: 3,434 (+0)
July 21st: 3,434 (+0)
July 22nd: 3,434 (+0)
July 23rd: 3,434 (+0)
July 24th: 3,434 (+0)
July 25th: 3,434 (+0)
July 26th: 3,434 (+0)
July 27th: 3,434 (+0)
July 28th: 3,434 (+0)
July 29th: 3,434 (+0)

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I don't see fans coming back until there is a vaccine.
The season isn't going to start until it's safe enough to travel daily into different cities/arenas. They won't be doing hub cities for entire seasons. So first, that would need to happen and we are so freaking far from this happening, forget shoving 20 000 people in an arena together.
The USA is going absolutely berserk right now. Look at how long it took Italy, Spain, or even New York, to get to a decent point, some areas like Flo and Cali will take months and months to get better, and that's only to a somewhat manageable point, not virus free.

So ya, I don't see how fans will be allowed in. Maybe a few hundreds just like we're allowed in gyms....that about it.

Anything can happen (good or bad) in the next 5/6 months. Covid-19 is 6/7 months old. Right now, it just don't look good based on what's going on in the states. Still very much a fluid situation while they try their best to open things up safely

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Anything can happen (good or bad) in the next 5/6 months. Covid-19 is 6/7 months old. Right now, it just don't look good based on what's going on in the states. Still very much a fluid situation while they try their best to open things up safely
Ya, so to that, I wouldn't bet on fans being back even next year.
It takes about 4-5 months to control the virus and bring it down to manageable levels. That's if you go in full lockdown too, which the states are refusing to do..It's not looking good.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Ya, so to that, I wouldn't bet on fans being back even next year.
It takes about 4-5 months to control the virus and bring it down to manageable levels. That's if you go in full lockdown too, which the states are refusing to do..It's not looking good.

I'm 60% confident fans are in the seats. Next month, I might be 55% :laugh:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Lol..you're just throwing random numbers out there trying to be positive. There's no chance in hell based on what we're seeing today there will be fans in the seats. For that to happen, the virus will have to pretty much be done with.

Not really... I just think it's still fluid after 6/7 months and we got 5/6 more months to go. I can see several outcomes as a possibility which gave me the 60% number. Just a guess bud. I could be way off or spot on. Time will tell and I'm not one to follow the herd... I don't expect just bad things to happen only when the situation is still fluid after 6/7 months and 5/6 more to go

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Not really... I just think it's still fluid after 6/7 months and we got 5/6 more months to go. I can see several outcomes as a possibility which gave me the 60% number. Just a guess bud. I could be way off or spot on. Time will tell and I'm not one to follow the herd... I don't expect just bad things to happen only when the situation is still fluid after 6/7 months and 5/6 more to go
Expect? I mean...have you not been paying attention to the States? Bad things are currently happening and there's no real reason to be optimistic about change given how they're handling it. They're terrible.
The only hope is a vaccine.

Reactions: Factorial

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Expect? I mean...have you not been paying attention to the States? Bad things are currently happening and there's no real reason to be optimistic about change given how they're handling it. They're terrible.
The only hope is a vaccine.

Yes, I've been paying attention. Have you been paying attention to the movement in the 1st 6/7 months from a world standpoint? Vaccine is the number one focus by many countries at the moment but if no vaccine, the world is going to have to learn how to deal with this 1-5% death rate. Economy needs will take over and the weak will suffer.

States have been horrible in the last month ish. A month bud. Growth rate is 2% at the moment for cases and 1% for death. You think this is stable numbers for the next 5/6 months? From Apr to June, they actually had decline in numbers. This is still very fluid

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
It was pretty bad in Europe around March/April though right?
It never reached USA levels of bad, and they went into full lockdowns, unlike the USA. They're nearing 5M people infected in the USA and it's just a week ago their President finally suggested wearing a mask.

It's comparing apples to oranges. Nothing alike.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It never reached USA levels of bad, and they went into full lockdowns, unlike the USA. They're nearing 5M people infected in the USA and it's just a week ago their President finally suggested wearing a mask.

It's comparing apples to oranges. Nothing alike.

We will see how things look in a few months and in Dec/Jan. The issue in the States is they refuse to shut things down for a month while European countries did after it got bad. Right now, it's almost a 1/3 ratio or 1/2 ratio in cased between Europe and the US.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
There is no way fans are back at an arena/stadium until a vaccine is widely deployed, at least in Canada. Nothing would surprise me in the US.

Reactions: Milhouse40

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Florida registered 12 deaths on 24/07.
There's now at 65 deaths.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Sympathies mate, our Koko here is struggling too. Beautiful mix of German shepherd and Burmese mountain dog. Always so playful and happy, now she can't run, walks slowly, difficulty with steps, and has eye infections that can't go away...we are hoping she survives through this year.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
There is no way fans are back at an arena/stadium until a vaccine is widely deployed, at least in Canada. Nothing would surprise me in the US.
If we can increase the amount of testing and making testing faster and more cost efficient - like by a factor of 10, we wouldn't need a vaccine in Canada. In a lot of the country covid-19 isn't an issue right now, like Newfoundland.

Vaccinating all of Canada is no small feat, it will be time consuming even after we get a vaccine.

Reactions: Runner77

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
If we can increase the amount of testing and making testing faster and more cost efficient - like by a factor of 10, we wouldn't need a vaccine in Canada. In a lot of the country covid-19 isn't an issue right now, like Newfoundland.

Vaccinating all of Canada is no small feat, it will be time consuming even after we get a vaccine.
We can't return to normalcy until after everyone's vaccinated. That's simply not up for a debate.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

It's a lot less effort to vaccinate everyone than to do 100k tests a day for a long period of time.

Reactions: Harry22
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad