OT: Covid-19 (Part 28) Stop Making Sense (Mod warning on first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Well, we’ve been in crisis mode, trying to save lives thanks to PPE. The plastics fallout will be dealt with when a modicum of normalcy is upon us. Maybe more reusable PPE can be manufactured in the interim where possible but not at the expense of saving lives.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Canadian authorities that rejected MLB playing in Canada, knew what they were doing.

How are the teams ran on a day to day? They are in their home ballpark, with general pop people in the stadium doing laundry, food, etc.? No kidding the franchise that the hotbed of Covid in the world is infected. Baseball looks to have screwed up and the NFL is about to get a swift kick in the... if they dont figure something out and quick. NFL season will have to be played behind closed doors, or at least in locations that aren't high risk of infection like Miami is.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Just saw this on TSN.

NBA COVID-19 TEST RESULTS: Positive Player Cases

June 26: 16 of 302

July 2: 9 of 344

July 13: 2 of 322

July 20: 0 of 346

That snitch line is doing wonders. :sarcasm:

Reactions: groovejuice

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Last night I said good bye to Carlito. He had been sick for a week and I had an appointment for him on Wednesday. He had bloody urine and yesterday he could barely walk so I carried him to my car and took him to an emergency clinic. Curbside delivery and I waited in my car. They called me and told me had a large tumor in his stomach and said they could remove it but advised against it since it looked like it had spread and we agreed to put him to sleep. Spent 30 minutes with him in a room holding him and crying. Then they gave him 2 shots and he drifted away. Tough having to do this twice now in 16 months and we really bonded ever since I started working from home. Will miss his belly rub demands and his gentle manner.

Take care and hug your dogs from me.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
Last night I said good bye to Carlito. He had been sick for a week and I had an appointment for him on Wednesday. He had bloody urine and yesterday he could barely walk so I carried him to my car and took him to an emergency clinic. Curbside delivery and I waited in my car. They called me and told me had a large tumor in his stomach and said they could remove it but advised against it since it looked like it had spread and we agreed to put him to sleep. Spent 30 minutes with him in a room holding him and crying. Then they gave him 2 shots and he drifted away. Tough having to do this twice now in 16 months and we really bonded ever since I started working from home. Will miss his belly rub demands and his gentle manner.

Shit man... Sorry for your loss. I enjoyed reading your stories about Carlito.

Jul 6, 2016
This MLB season won't last long. It was a stupid idea to have every teams traveling across USA to play games.

NFL is no better.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013

Sorry to hear that, Per. I haven't been closer to my dog than since the start of COVID-19 and I can imagine that it's going to be challenging moving forward without him in these weird times. Wishing you the best and hope the Habs get a win for ole Carlito tonight!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Oh man, so so sorry for your loss. Hang tough, you know how much you mean to us. Carlito was lucky to have you even if he had to leave us so soon. RIP.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

Sad. May he RIP. Take care mate

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal

So sorry to hear this man, I wish I could say something to cheer you up. :(

Hang in tight my friend.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

I so feel bad for you man, really sorry for your loss....I'm a dog freak, my dog has been through many wars, nearly 25,000$ worth of wars over the years.
He's now a diabetic and blind....still don't regret any of it. Many times I thought it was the end and I know how hard it is.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I so feel bad for you man, really sorry for your loss....I'm a dog freak, my dog has been through many wars, nearly 25,000$ worth of wars over the years.
He's now a diabetic and blind....still don't regret any of it. Many times I thought it was the end and I know how hard it is.

I'm not a pet owner myself and have never had one. I've kind of enjoyed some pets that my kids had but they all passed away before their time and it was terrible to have to go through that.

What I truly value are people who care for animals, moreso than owning one myself. I know I don't have a passion for having a pet but that doesn't mean I don't want the best for them. Hearing about owners like yourself and Per who are so caring, is truly inspiring to me. Kudos to you and Per, you guys sound like amazing animal lovers.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

Jesus, you've had a rough patch with your pets of late. I feel for you. Hope this is the last of it.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010

725.jpg

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal

I am very sorry for your loss Per. I'm a pets guy, if I usually have cats, it's not because I don't like dogs but because they should receive all the love, space, attention and affection that they deserve and I know it would be hard for me to provide that for them all the time. If a dog is a man's best friend, a man is also a dog's best friend and you were a perfect example with Carlito of what a good master is. While 2020 is an awful year already and that surely won't help, you'll always have amazing memories of the quality time you've spent together in the last months.

I wish Carlito all the bones/dog food/dog snacks he wants, thanks for sharing all those stories, you know it's part of what makes you a huge part of the soul of this board.

It's not even the first time I see this and it still was instant "onion chopping mode" for me.

Last edited:

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Canadian authorities that rejected MLB playing in Canada, knew what they were doing.
Cant saw how proud of them i am , they went aganst the grain and for the best of all Canadians, we need not forget that the Ontario gvmt and mayor had approved, so took a lot of guts for the federal gvmt to do so.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal

I'm sorry for your loss my friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad