OT: COVID-19 Megathread III (Please limit all COVID discussion to this thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Makes an old guy like me miss the 70s when there were 3 channels, they all ran national news at 530pm and were done in 30 minutes.
Yep. I haven't watched the news in months. Even the local stuff has this twisting going on if you know the full story.

Don't know if everyone remembers the guy in Nashville that walked into a local krogers a few months ago and just stabbed some random guy. The news report was that he complied with officers request and was taken into custody without issue. Only problem with that is my brother was the arresting officer and was out for several weeks with an injured arm. He wasn't that compliant :help:

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Yep. I haven't watched the news in months. Even the local stuff has this twisting going on if you know the full story.

Don't know if everyone remembers the guy in Nashville that walked into a local krogers a few months ago and just stabbed some random guy. The news report was that he complied with officers request and was taken into custody without issue. Only problem with that is my brother was the arresting officer and was out for several weeks with an injured arm. He wasn't that compliant :help:
What the hell is wrong with people (and why the hell did I decide to bring a child into this world :()?

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Makes an old guy like me miss the 70s when there were 3 channels, they all ran national news at 530pm and were done in 30 minutes.
And the anchors smoked through the broadcast, too, though that was probably ended in the late 60's. It's one of my earliest memories, all the smoke.

My observations from a very small sample size (extended family and one close friend + family): Being vaxxed doesn't mean you can't get it, but the likely probability is it won't kill you. Healthy lifestyles including a mostly junk free diet and avoidance of smoking help in fighting the disease if you do get it. Vegetarian diet seems to be favorably linked. Alcohol use is inconclusive. If you do contract the disease advanced age, current health and any other underlying issues will affect whether you will succumb from it or have ongoing effects from it--if 2 are "good" you're probably going to survive. Eye problems, problems with taste, and breathing issues are long term issues for those who have had Covid. Exposure to breakthrough covid, direct and indirect, hasn't affected those vaxxed nor the families of the exposed individual.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
And the anchors smoked through the broadcast, too, though that was probably ended in the late 60's. It's one of my earliest memories, all the smoke.

My observations from a very small sample size (extended family and one close friend + family): Being vaxxed doesn't mean you can't get it, but the likely probability is it won't kill you. Healthy lifestyles including a mostly junk free diet and avoidance of smoking help in fighting the disease if you do get it. Vegetarian diet seems to be favorably linked. Alcohol use is inconclusive. If you do contract the disease advanced age, current health and any other underlying issues will affect whether you will succumb from it or have ongoing effects from it--if 2 are "good" you're probably going to survive. Eye problems, problems with taste, and breathing issues are long term issues for those who have had Covid. Exposure to breakthrough covid, direct and indirect, hasn't affected those vaxxed nor the families of the exposed individual.
Let me also add that there is a small chance that if you have the vaccine you will basically develop an allergy to the spike protein that is created. It can cause some pretty nasty issues so if you do have major allergy issues you need to talk to your doctor before just running out and getting it.

I heard about that the other night on a podcast from a guy who had it and started having major neck pain, migraines, lethargy, and just general joint pain about 1-2 weeks after the shot. Took them a bit to figure out what was happening to him and they've now got him on a couple of different things to try and combat the side effects because obviously you can't pull that out of your body. If you see any of this pop up go talk to your doctor

The vaccines seem to be mostly safe so everyone should get one but there are always outliers. Not real sure how good its gonna be against this delta variant, didn't seem to help my uncle, but I don't know enough about his medical history to know what kind of outliers he had.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Let me also add that there is a small chance that if you have the vaccine you will basically develop an allergy to the spike protein that is created. It can cause some pretty nasty issues so if you do have major allergy issues you need to talk to your doctor before just running out and getting it.

I heard about that the other night on a podcast from a guy who had it and started having major neck pain, migraines, lethargy, and just general joint pain about 1-2 weeks after the shot. Took them a bit to figure out what was happening to him and they've now got him on a couple of different things to try and combat the side effects because obviously you can't pull that out of your body. If you see any of this pop up go talk to your doctor

The vaccines seem to be mostly safe so everyone should get one but there are always outliers. Not real sure how good its gonna be against this delta variant, didn't seem to help my uncle, but I don't know enough about his medical history to know what kind of outliers he had.

Yes, there are ALWAYS outliers. My hairdresser told me that her aunt got the vaccine and died a day later. I know aunt had other issues, because HD has described them to me over the years, but HD will not believe it was anything other than the vaccine and admittedly the timing is suspect. Still, assuming it was the vaccine, I know a lot more who have not died a day later. As Mr Adz says, we're all biological creatures and biology is just different from chemistry. A + B in chemistry is A + B. A+B in biology can result in A + B2 or A + C and you didn't even know there WAS a C.

I have a history of anaphylactic shock and other effects due to allergic reactions along with autoimmune disease so they monitored me for 30 minutes after I got each vaccine and gave me paperwork to read describing allergic reactions that might be delayed. I had no issues other than immediate sting and soreness at the injection site, sleepiness, common reactions. Now the question will be if I show any allergies once I get a Phizer booster or the yearly flu shot. My daughter has severe allergies so she'll have to watch, too.

Reactions: bdub24

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Luckily it seems to be mild for now anyways.
Reports I'm hearing is it's more likely to breakthrough for those with immune suppression of some type, so the elderly, those with underlying risk factors--much like the original virus. It's not going to work 100% of the time since we're biological critters, but I am pretty sure the labs are making some tweaks. Still, I've gone back to masking in certain situations and since we have a huge shoot going on at the office will probably come onsite less. They're all masking and my office is not shared...but it's a good excuse to avoid the drive. ;-)

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
My organization is requiring proof of vaccination. We were told to upload our vaccine cards to prove we are vaccinated but I looked and mine doesnt have my name and DOB on it(even though I got it at my hospital LOL). I'm not sure what they are gonna do but I would almost be just as happy if they gave me another shot now

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
My organization is requiring proof of vaccination. We were told to upload our vaccine cards to prove we are vaccinated but I looked and mine doesnt have my name and DOB on it(even though I got it at my hospital LOL). I'm not sure what they are gonna do but I would almost be just as happy if they gave me another shot now
And there in is the problem with these things. You can't prove you did, they can't prove you didn't.

I'm not sure where mine is either, although the State did send me an email about having my 2nd shot which I'm holding onto in case I need proof and hoping that works.

As of now my plan is just not to go to places that require such a thing. I don't have an issue with vaccines but I do have a rather large issue with needing to show my papers as it were. If that becomes a regular thing I'll just stay home, which is pretty much what I want to do anyways :laugh:

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
We have a digital covid certificate with all the relevant information (name, date of issue, name of the vaccine, negative test / recovery date) that's valid in all of EU, so it's easily on my reach whenever I may need it. I can download the cert to my phone for offline use or print it as well.

It's just funny that you would have to upload vaccine information to the people that gave it to you or that such information is not available (for this purpose) even at your permission between organizations inside the hospital when I'm holding something that's accepted by another country's officials.

Reactions: PredsV82

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I don't have an issue with vaccines but I do have a rather large issue with needing to show my papers as it were. If that becomes a regular thing I'll just stay home, which is pretty much what I want to do anyways :laugh:

Hopefully you stick to that and avoid going anywhere that requires showing proof of anything. Age to buy alcohol, Passport to fly overseas, etc.

Reactions: PredsV82

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
I’d like to say this is unbelievable. Disappointing is the much better word. The rabid reaction a large percentage of people have to this is pretty scary. Hopefully nothing happens to any of these school board members.

Videos show uncivil parents after heated Williamson County School Board Meeting
a large chunk of the population in this country are not grounded in reality. the sooner we acknowledge that, the easier it will be to combat it. it’s never going to be easy regardless. i say that with family members not grounded in reality. it’s a mental disease at this point from my view.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
I’d like to say this is unbelievable. Disappointing is the much better word. The rabid reaction a large percentage of people have to this is pretty scary. Hopefully nothing happens to any of these school board members.

Videos show uncivil parents after heated Williamson County School Board Meeting

I'm pretty sure the people they were targeting were doctors/medical professionals who testified in favor of masks. I really hope they press charges. And if it was the school board members they should also. f***ing animals.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Hopefully you stick to that and avoid going anywhere that requires showing proof of anything. Age to buy alcohol, Passport to fly overseas, etc.
No one has asked me for proof to buy anything in a long time ( I don't really drink anyways) and have zero need or desire to leave the country.

Also there is a big difference in needing to prove you are legal to buy a controlled substance, request entrance into another country, and needing to show someone your current medical status just to go to a grocery store or restaurant.

Reactions: predfan98
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->