OT: COVID-19 Megathread III (Please limit all COVID discussion to this thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Did any of the participants get COVID-19 after playing in the tourney?
No, but in fairness, we played 8 tournaments across 30 different days, 32 different teams in at least 12 different towns, and I didn't hear of a single team having COVID that we played with or against, so it's whatever. I did hear of a few local teams here getting it but not my sons team or any of the 15u teams last season. He got COVID while at an outdoor ice rink right before Christmas though, so outdoor transmission does happen, but there was a girl involved in that so who knows if I'm getting the full details on that evening.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
No, but in fairness, we played 8 tournaments across 30 different days, 32 different teams in at least 12 different towns, and I didn't hear of a single team having COVID that we played with or against, so it's whatever. I did hear of a few local teams here getting it but not my sons team or any of the 15u teams last season. He got COVID while at an outdoor ice rink right before Christmas though, so outdoor transmission does happen, but there was a girl involved in that so who knows if I'm getting the full details on that evening.
You're not. Ha ha!

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Last summer we had a few tournaments in parks that required mask wearing at all times, Transylvania University made the boys wear them in the dugouts, or if on a base or playing an occupied base. They also had team balls so you weren't pitching or handling a ball handled by the other team. Way overboard and just plain dumb.

Last summer that still seemed like reasonable precautions. In hindsight of course its unnecessary overkill

Reactions: bdub24 and LCPreds

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
From the New York Times written about my county. In many ways this is spot on for what I live with daily.

Faith, Freedom, Fear: Rural America’s Covid Vaccine Skeptics
Aside from my Christ's Tears solution, these are the people that you will never reach. You can't even beat them with a vaccine passport stick, because they simply won't travel, don't have to go to school, don't need to play organized sports, etc. But that kind of built-in self-isolationism will help mitigate the danger they represent somewhat anyhow.

Reactions: LCPreds

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
I do not miss living in small town East TN.

I love the mountains and the streams and have learned to keep my opinions to myself.

Recent photos from the Tn/NC line area

Rich Mountain - Paint Creek 850_8060 .jpg

Weavers Bend 850_7811 .jpg

Last edited:

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Got my second Fauci-Ouchi this afternoon. By this time after the first shot I was feeling chills. So far, nothing (knocks on wood), just my arm starting to get sore.
Got my second one today, too. My arm is sorer this time, but I'm not wiped out--I was by this time before but I wasn't hyped up by some really important hockey game.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Had my second a little over a week ago. Next day was tired all day with sore arm, woke up feelin fevery and had a headache in the afternoon and that was that.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Had my second a little over a week ago. Next day was tired all day with sore arm, woke up feelin fevery and had a headache in the afternoon and that was that.
I'm on day two of slight fever and extreme fatigue. I went to work but had to stop early for a nap (fortunately no driving involved in the interim)

Reactions: PredsV82 and bdub24

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
It seems my side effects had about a 12 hour onset delay from the first shot (Moderna).

But really, the same things. Just the chills off and on. Had a little headache, but woke up today and felt 100% better.

My arm isn't as sore as before. It already feels better, I can lift it and move it all around. It took about 3 days to feel better last time.

Reactions: bdub24

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
Pfizer
Mr. Adz also had his but only had a day of lethargy. Haven't talked to Son and other...they had theirs Saturday, too.

That's what I had with Pfizer on the second shot - I basically slept through big chunks of the next day and had a sore arm. Fine the next day.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
I heard a blurb I think it was Dr Gupta on CNN that generally, the stronger your reactions to the virus, the stronger your immune system is (as the symptoms are the result of your bodies’ resistance to the invader). I hadn’t thought about that at all, so I guess that means the lighter your post shot symptoms the more you actually needed the vaccine to help protect and recover if you catch it?

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I heard a blurb I think it was Dr Gupta on CNN that generally, the stronger your reactions to the virus, the stronger your immune system is (as the symptoms are the result of your bodies’ resistance to the invader). I hadn’t thought about that at all, so I guess that means the lighter your post shot symptoms the more you actually needed the vaccine to help protect and recover if you catch it?
:eek: And here I've been bragging that I felt literally nothing whatsoever... whups... :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->