OT: COVID-19 general thread part II (and final part - see closing post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Did you pay a dime for it?

I want to get one if its free because ive been around far more people than the average stay-at-home’r, so im kinda hoping I got it and was asymptomatic (probably not though)

I paid literally nothing except for $1.50 for the parking meter. NYC is offering them free all over the place.

DevilDog

The Original Dog
Mar 2, 2007
Dirty Jerz
Girlfriend tested negative on the antibody test which pretty much means I did too. Glad we passed the quarantine test but would be nice to relax a little

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
neither am i…... some people just dont think

…how you keeping up in the city?

It's been okay, I haven't actually left my home too much to be honest but it's definitely starting to get busier around my area even when I just walk around. Thankfully I have a nice deck to enjoy the sun on and there's an LCBO less than a minute away from me lol

How are you holding up?

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
holdin' like the rest i guess……lots of time in the shop and outdoors here at home….happy i have the space to not be in small quarters…...and plenty of beer man

its ok……once this is passing ill pick up some more reno jobs….

i do miss canoeing the canal on hwy 9 though due to the covid

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
just got called back to start work on Monday...at a 20% pay cut, and I wasn't making much to begin with, their story (a big national automotive group) said "hey there are 36 million people out of work, you're lucky we're calling you back, take it or leave it"

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I have been very lucky through this that I have not only kept my job, but my company has been incredibly proactive in ensuring employee safety and compensating everyone for working during this time. We have received two bonuses over the last 3 months, hourly employee attendance policy has been suspended so anyone can stay home if they are not comfortable without be punished for it, and every 2 weeks a 50 dollar gift card is distributed to every employee for a local area restaurant. Actually, we get a choice of one of 5 restaurants every two weeks, and the options rotate. They also sent all employees a gift basket with snacks, face masks, hand sanitizer, etc. It's really a great place to work.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
And right smack when the restart stuff starts to ramp up for the NHL

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
I was just bumping this thread. It has been one month since anyone posted in it. I just turned on the news and was seeing how much worse other parts of the country are doing. I am in NJ and have not known anyone that has tested positive in around 2 months and everything is good at the stores, etc. Basically has just become a pain to wear a mask in hot weather.

Anyone been negatively affected by this recently?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It's been better in NJ because Murphy has been a lot stricter and slower on the re-open than just about any other state. In fact really all the northeast is an outlier compared to the rest of the country right now. I predicted in the initial thread that Florida would eventually have to pay the piper for cutting corners, and they have and then some. And they're not the only ones...our national curve looks nothing like the rest of the world because of all the southern states being reckless including Florida and Texas, and CA spiking up as well.

I just worry the weekend is going to ruin our progress statewide now that the Jersey shore is open and people are gonna congregate for the holiday weekend.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
holdin' like the rest i guess……lots of time in the shop and outdoors here at home….happy i have the space to not be in small quarters…...and plenty of beer man

its ok……once this is passing ill pick up some more reno jobs….

i do miss canoeing the canal on hwy 9 though due to the covid
A devils fan canoeing on the marsh. I thought I was the only Devils fan that grew up around here. I only knew one other guy from town that was a devils fan.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
It's been better in NJ because Murphy has been a lot stricter and slower on the re-open than just about any other state. In fact really all the northeast is an outlier compared to the rest of the country right now. I predicted in the initial thread that Florida would eventually have to pay the piper for cutting corners, and they have and then some. And they're not the only ones...our national curve looks nothing like the rest of the world because of all the southern states being reckless including Florida and Texas, and CA spiking up as well.

I just worry the weekend is going to ruin our progress statewide now that the Jersey shore is open and people are gonna congregate for the holiday weekend.

I wouldn't go anywhere near those shore towns right now. They're a giant cess pool and filled with NYC trash like always. I guess it's a good thing that majority of people are wearing masks walking around outside, but the bars are all jam packed, especially in Belmar. That place is a petri dish right now.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010

Agree with your parts on Florida.

It was always going to be a s—- show when Florida reopened even the smallest amount due to it being such a tourist destination. The state relies so much on those tourist dollars that it they just had to. From what I read, the average age of newly infected has gone from the mid 40s to now with this new spike to 28 or 29. Disney reopening is going to cause a whole different spike on its own. Welcome to the cesspool of the world everyone... who would go there now I have no idea. My family and I are definitely wanting out and about but we ignore the constant emails from Disney trying to get us to book reservations as season ticket holders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->