OT: COVID-19 general thread part II (and final part - see closing post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Watching the Merkley highlight in another thread I see that Liiga is playing with what looks like a pretty packed crowd.. I know Finland has faired very well thus far, but their case count #'s have been on a strong uptick since the summer. I'd think pack crowds is how you turn from "faired very well" to "hospitals are being stressed" pretty quickly.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I'm still not entirely sure why these companies can't be made to share ALL of their data with their competitors.

But since you're someone with intimate and extensive knowledge on the matter I concede. There's nothing more frustrating than trying to watch a layman argue the law with an attorney.

I definitely appreciate the insight.

The biology is shared. Some of the chemistry/biologics are shared if discovered by academia. When companies apply for patents for their drugs/biologics, they expose themselves to their competitors. Pharma companies do the same thing military intelligence does. There are few secrets.

Companies have been way more open about COVID because it is good PR to be more transparent about their contributions to eradicating the threat and it might shut up the antivaxxers for a while.

Reactions: Jack Be Quick

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
We went with our girls and another couple and their son. I'd say there was a 60-40 split between people having candy laid out on tables and others answering the door. The children wore masks the entire time. We frequently used hand sanitizer and I laid all the candy out when we got home and they got hit with Lysol. Most people kind of stayed a good distance away from other groups. There were quite a few "parties" I noticed outside though with a fire pit and such. It was certainly a little different this year obviously.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
We went with our girls and another couple and their son. I'd say there was a 60-40 split between people having candy laid out on tables and others answering the door. The children wore masks the entire time. We frequently used hand sanitizer and I laid all the candy out when we got home and they got hit with Lysol. Most people kind of stayed a good distance away from other groups. There were quite a few "parties" I noticed outside though with a fire pit and such. It was certainly a little different this year obviously.

Thought it would've been more crowded with kids this year since this is one of the first things kids can do since covid started that would seem normal, but I didn't even go through one box of 36 king size bars this year. Kind of disappointing

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Thought it would've been more crowded with kids this year since this is one of the first things kids can do since covid started that would seem normal, but I didn't even go through one box of 36 king size bars this year. Kind of disappointing
I'm down in Ocean County and the usual neighborhood that's always busy was jut as busy. I have heard other towns weren't as busy though.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
We got maybe half the usual number of ToTers. I didnt get to use my candy chute as much as I wanted

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I very rarely get trick or treaters as it is on a normal year so I didn't even bother getting candy to hand out this year.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I'm curious to see what the Devils do with all this. I'm not anti vaccinations but I'm not running out to get this vacinne right away and I'm not taking 41 covid tests to attend games either. At this rate I'll be out on the 21 season as well as the 21-22 season. They better give us an option to opt out but keep our seats.

Whole system is flawed anyway since you can get a negative test 72 hours before the event, still go out and get covid and then go get everyone sick anyway and you can literally get a negative the day of and still be positive with all the false results out there.

Ticketmaster Will Require COVID-19 Vaccination or Negative Test When Concerts Return

Last edited:
Reactions: Patrik26

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I guess Ticketmaster didn't like all the blowback about this but it is correct that they don't have the final say in what any venue does in regards to entry...

Ticketmaster

What are your COVID screening requirements?

We have noticed there has been some misreporting around safety protocols. To clarify, Ticketmaster does not set policies around safety/entry requirements, which include vaccines and/or testing protocols. Ticketmaster continues to work with event organizers on all COVID safety measures and it will be up to each event organizer to set future requirements.

We are exploring a number of safety features for event organizers to utilize as they look to welcome fans back to events. This includes social distancing, contactless entry and more. Any screening requirements will be up to the individual event organizer and local health guidelines, and not Ticketmaster.

*Please note that no changes have been implemented at this time. Should changes take place in the future, all ticket holders will be alerted.

We look forward to gathering and celebrating the live experience together again.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
this f***tard is gonna get hit hard…..as he should

from article: "In addition to the fine that Adamson Barbecue may face, the city said the restaurant is also under current investigation for compliance with business licensing, zoning, public health, Ontario Building Code and the Ontario Fire Code requirements.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/etobicoke-restaurant-adamson-bbq-1.5814137
A local diner in my community, Ocean County NJ if you'd like to look it up, was doing this. Guy was getting fined all the time, the state had a locksmith come during the night and change the locks. He's viewed as some sort of martyr online within the community. I don't get that. Having said that I wouldn't know what it's like to possibly lose my business and livelihood so there's that. He was just kind of arrogant about and I don't like how people put him on a pedestal when he wasn't abiding by the plans set forth and others did the responsible thing.

Reactions: Beastdog75

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
A local diner in my community, Ocean County NJ if you'd like to look it up, was doing this. Guy was getting fined all the time, the state had a locksmith come during the night and change the locks. He's viewed as some sort of martyr online within the community. I don't get that. Having said that I wouldn't know what it's like to possibly lose my business and livelihood so there's that. He was just kind of arrogant about and I don't like how people put him on a pedestal when he wasn't abiding by the plans set forth and others did the responsible thing.

ya it obviously sucks for these people but what can they do? maybe get out of the business if you cant pay the leases on your place 'cause youre broke now…...the government cant keep printing money and bailing people out forever..as they shouldnt….it is a f***ed time. i got zero money from them since covid started ….but i do renos and build stuff…they cant stop what i do

but back to the restaurant thing….. places have takeout and delivery more than ever now but ill guess its nowhere near the revenue taken in with in house dining……and these 'stunts' do the opposite for me, it makes me want to never dine in a place owned by that kind of person…. they almost deserve to be shut down permanently

Last edited:
Reactions: Beastdog75

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
and these 'stunts' do the opposite for me, it makes me want to never dine in a place owned by that kind of person…. they almost deserve to be shut down permanently
Im kind of on this side of the argument as well. If other businesses followed what they were supposed to, adapted to take out/delivery, etc but this guys just said f*** it, I don't care about laws or safety, I'd tend to go towards the people who adapted and actually did what they were supposed to do. Having said that if I was being told I had to close my business through no fault of my own and that I'd basically lose my entire life, Idk what I would. That's the problem with this whole thing, nobody knows the right answer. Do I think the government should just give people tons of money? No, not necessarily. Do I think a 20 year old kid living in a 1bedroom working retail should've had to either move in with family or be homeless when everything was locked down? No. The whole situation is just amazingly shitty no matter how you look at.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Absolutely so f***ing stupid. I guess that is what happens when you have justices care more about religion than the health and safety of the people. Cant say im surprised.

Well to be fair SC justices' main charge is interpreting the Constitution and the law, not either sticking up for religious groups or health and safety. I do think they should largely stay out of state government's edicts where it comes to legitimate health and safety questions though.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Lamar Jackson and Larry Fitzgerald both test positive for COVID today. Doubt the Ravens can even play at this point with all of their team positives.

Camille the Eel

It appears that the constitution is indeed a suicide pact. It’s the free exercise of religion clause. But on the analogy of free speech, same amendment, whatever happened to Justice Holmes’ principal that freedom of speech is not the freedom to shout “fire” in a crowded theater.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Im kind of on this side of the argument as well. If other businesses followed what they were supposed to, adapted to take out/delivery, etc but this guys just said f*** it, I don't care about laws or safety, I'd tend to go towards the people who adapted and actually did what they were supposed to do. Having said that if I was being told I had to close my business through no fault of my own and that I'd basically lose my entire life, Idk what I would. That's the problem with this whole thing, nobody knows the right answer. Do I think the government should just give people tons of money? No, not necessarily. Do I think a 20 year old kid living in a 1bedroom working retail should've had to either move in with family or be homeless when everything was locked down? No. The whole situation is just amazingly shitty no matter how you look at.

ya……the bbq guy in toronto got his locks changed also and was arrested today…..and the morons that vocally support the guy have protested in front of ontario premier ford's home….

…pathetic people

ford (regardless of ones political ideology) has a solid job in these covid times and does not deserve this …..

…..but these people feel no shame

Adamson BBQ owner charged after standoff with police, supporters protest outside Ford's home - CityNews Toronto

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Lamar Jackson and Larry Fitzgerald both test positive for COVID today. Doubt the Ravens can even play at this point with all of their team positives.
The problem is they'll just move that game rather than having the Ravens play short handed. If they do in fact do that Pitt has every right to complain about it. San Fran had to play short, so did LV. Baltimore should be forced to do so as well.

Reactions: NJDevs26
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad