OT: COVID-19 general thread part II (and final part - see closing post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
ENcuhXo.jpg

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
On a somewhat more serious note, gotta think between the Titans, POTUS, flu season, etc., cases ramp up and we see more stimulus and possibly more lockdowns.

Maybe Cyberpunk 2077 will actually come out this time.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
On a somewhat more serious note, gotta think between the Titans, POTUS, flu season, etc., cases ramp up and we see more stimulus and possibly more lockdowns.

Time to re-stock the TP, paper towels, non-perishables, etc.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC

Second "wave" was pretty much inevitable with the winter coming, combined with people thinking everything is back to normal.

Reactions: Camille the Eel

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
N.J’s Largest City Shuts Down Again as Virus Cases Surge N.J’s Largest City Shuts Down Again as Virus Cases Surge

Half of Europe is in the same boat.

It's pretty frustrating that there's not a concentrated and concerted effort internationally to force the well more than a dozen companies and universities to work together on a vaccine.

Tokyo, DC, Paris, London, Berlin, and Jerusalem, I'm looking at you.

And to think we were all being told a couple of months back how wonderful a job Europe was doing, why doesn't the US follow suit. Wha' happen?

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
And to think we were all being told a couple of months back how wonderful a job Europe was doing, why doesn't the US follow suit. Wha' happen?
Well, we're still woefully behind every country in Europe not named Belgium, Spain, or the UK (essentially tied). Most of the big players in the EU are locking down again, because it works.

Reactions: Darkauron

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Well, we're still woefully behind every country in Europe not named Belgium, Spain, or the UK (essentially tied). Most of the big players in the EU are locking down again, because it works.

Then lockdowns should be the law here in the US. Neither side of the aisle in this country really has an answer. The current president obviously doesn't since he and his minions go maskless almost everywhere and want to open everything up and neither will the next although his TV ads say he does. He's so concerned that he's going to wait 3 more months to unveil them.

So then, exactly how should a lockdown in the US be controlled? Who will enforce it? The US population won't stand for extended and/or POLICE enforced lockdowns - you know, their civil rights being violated and all. 330 million people will never agree to that.

This is a GLOBAL issue that isn't going away any time soon.

Reactions: Darkauron

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
This virus sucks. 4 of my family members had it recently, all pretty healthy people and they all struggled mightily and unfortunately one passed. I am flying down to Florida tomorrow for the services. I’m very nervous about traveling down there.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
This virus sucks. 4 of my family members had it recently, all pretty healthy people and they all struggled mightily and unfortunately one passed. I am flying down to Florida tomorrow for the services. I’m very nervous about traveling down there.

Very sorry to hear that. Stay safe during your travels.

Reactions: NjDevsRR

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Sorry to hear this. Stay proactive and wear the mask while carrying hand sanitizer when you don't have access to soap and water. You'll be ok. Best of luck.

Reactions: NjDevsRR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad