GDT: Covad-19 - 1, Caps 0 :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
I'm going to guess that the NHL will move towards playing in front of an empty stadium. Until a player or coach gets tested positive which will cancel or suspend the season.

Last edited:

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
I'm going to guess that the NHL will move towards playing in front of an empty stadium. Until a player or coach gets tested positive which will cancel or suspend the season.

I imagine that would happen pretty fast... its not like you can control the players/staff at all times.

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
I imagine that would happen pretty fast... its not like you can control the players/staff at all times.

Yeah, I just saw news that the Wizards are self-quarantined, which means the Caps probably will too since they share the same arena.

Last edited:

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
Saw the Wizards played the Jazz (Rudy Gobert) recently on February 28 (in Utah). Ouch, no wonder the Wizards are self-quarantined.

And the Caps have played in Cap One Arena multiple times since then.

Reactions: Hivemind

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Here's hoping that our government and the disbelievers don't keep us from getting a grip on this. With some luck they can return to play in June for 2 rounds of playoffs and a cup winner. My question is will the teams stay together or split up?

Jun 15, 2007
Here's hoping that our government and the disbelievers don't keep us from getting a grip on this. With some luck they can return to play in June for 2 rounds of playoffs and a cup winner. My question is will the teams stay together or split up?

2 rounds eh? So division winners only? Very convenient for us.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
maybe the no attendance approach will work in 3 weeks or so and we can have a normal playoffs... the NHL can go off point percentage to determine seedings.

Also Ovie gets another Rocket!

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania

Cuban thinks the NBA will go into the late summer if need be. I don't know why the NHL couldn't do the same. Owners aren't going to let playoff profits disappear

Reactions: um

Jun 15, 2007

Cuban thinks the NBA will go into the late summer if need be. I don't know why the NHL couldn't do the same. Owners aren't going to let playoff profits disappear

Short off season? NHLPA would complain.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto

I know we have drama every time the CBA comes up but they gotta have some understanding here? The players can't be that heartless.

Keep in mind that half the league is likely on "vacation" starting now. But if they want to be difficult delaying the next season until mid/late October or November is an obvious compromise.

Jun 15, 2007
Is the NHLPA that stupid... I know we have drama every time the CBA comes up but they gotta have some understanding here? The players can't be that heartless.

From my experience, unions always oppose ownership no matter what. If the union acquiesces, even to a reasonable request, without getting something in turn, they lose bargaining power in the future.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hypothetically if they're off for a month or two what the hell do they have to complain about? Don't some guys have playoff bonuses structured into their contracts? If so, they'd lose the potential for that money.

It could get real messy, real fast

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Not going to wade into the maelstrom that is Th e general boards, but here’s an extended read on why social distancing is so important right now:

Sounds like the NHL is making the right call

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
2 rounds eh? So division winners only? Very convenient for us.

actually had my math wrong. LOL. 8 teams. Top2 in each division. This would call for a single elimination game or best 2 of 3 series. That said, I am not sure whether the teams would be able to play with 10 weeks off. Doom

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
They should just move games from the rink to NHL 20 on a console or PC. Players can only play as their digitalized selves.

Reactions: HecticGlow
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->