Couturier or RNH?

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
Hypothetically if you have a team that's rebuilding and need a center, which of these two has a better chance of becoming your franchise center, or do either of them either have that ability? IMO I take Couturier all day, but that's just me, I prefer big centers.

SuperSaiyanBeastmode

May 20, 2010
Ontario
Couturier / Larsson are going 1 /2 in some order. And IMO, there is a drop off at #3.

completely agree, not convinced by hopkins yet, and landeskog will be a borderline 1st liner but his intangibles will get him drafted higher, no one other than couturier and larsson can change a franchise, maybe Murphy if he can play defense while putting up 60+pts.

KristoLeblanc*

Not even 2-3 weeks ago, a lot of people had RNH over Couturier.

Couturier makes the team and now I don't see anyone taking RNH over him.

Anyway, its always been Couturier...Only a few Q doubters was thinking RNH was better. Couture skills set is size is something your hardly find.

Celtic Cross

Jan 29, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Couturier will go #1 unless the 1st overall team is in market for a future top pairing Dman. Couturier is the safe bet over hopkins, because of his size and abilities. he scores, hopkins sets people up, its easy to get them assists in jr. but in pro level like NHL he'll need to create his own space on the ice and his size is aa factor, look at montreal, when they lose its because theyre speed wasnt a factor in the game and they got killed along the boards, and dont have puck protect due to size, and personally id love too see, Couturier on the Habs even if it wont happen

GetThePuckOut

Mar 8, 2010
Calgary
RNH is a lot like Duchene or Seguin; good enough to make things interesting but at the end of the day it was Couturier all along.

mapletoft

Jan 3, 2006
Being from RD, RNH looks fantastic and is a dynamic player...however he still has to physically grow...Couturier is ahead right now...different player as well...RNH won't be the top pick unless Couturier and Larsson drop off dramatically.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Not even 2-3 weeks ago, a lot of people had RNH over Couturier.

Couturier makes the team and now I don't see anyone taking RNH over him.

Anyway, its always been Couturier...Only a few Q doubters was thinking RNH was better. Couture skills set is size is something your hardly find.
2-3 weeks ago RNH hadn't scored a goal in a month. Every thread on here has had Couturier or Larsson as 1/2(as well with most media watchers)

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Tough comparison...I think couturier has the best chance to be a 1C because of his size and strength

If rnh hits his ceiling he will be the much more dynamic and game changing player IMO

Toydarian

Jun 2, 2009
The biggest knock on Nugent-Hopkins is his apparent lack of size. At 17 he is already 6' but 164lbs and appears to be physically immature. I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility he is 6'1 and around 200lbs at 20-21. I wouldn't say that is small at all.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Couturier / Larsson are going 1 /2 in some order. And IMO, there is a drop off at #3.

I wouldn't agree with this at all. Nugent-Hopkins and Murphy both have as much potential or more than Couturier and Larsson, just less of a chance to get there.

Before the season I'd have said Nugent-Hopkins definitely, now, Couturier slighly above.

At this point, the top 5 as I see it could all be in diffrent spots in the top 5.(Larsson, Couturier, RNH, Murphy, Landeskog)

IMO

Isles Drive 4 5

May 22, 2008
its true you can't teach size but it also true that you can't teach speed. RNH has the speed to keep up in the new NHL and like a previous post said his under size body can be built up especially by the time of being 21-22yrs. The other thing is ..yes he hasn't score in awhile which is disapointing but he, by all accounts that I've have read, has a great shot..he just needs to use it more which can be corrected by coaching.

It will be very telling at least for me how SC does in the WJC..if he can perform in this tournament then I will discount the fact that he plays in the "Q". If he struggles then as an Isles fan presumably picking 1st or 2nd overall i'm going with Larrson then RNH...I might still be inclined to go that way anyways..with K.O and NINO we really don't need SC asmuch as we need for JT a fast set up guy.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
If a team patience and can wait for rnh to get bigger and stronger, they will an amazingly talented kid in their system...if guys like gagner, duchene, parise, Kane, etc can all get to a suitable weight for the NHL, I highly doubt rnh is incapable of getting to 190 pounds

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Hypothetically if you have a team that's rebuilding and need a center, which of these two has a better chance of becoming your franchise center, or do either of them either have that ability? IMO I take Couturier all day, but that's just me, I prefer big centers.

I read that some scouts think RNH's upside is higher.

Parise09*

I read that some scouts think RNH's upside is higher.

Yup, but the thing is, no one knows whether it will transfer over to the NHL because he seems so frail. (It's easier said than done to put on weight..especially since he doesn't really have the genetics for it...I think his dad is pretty small too)

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Sean Couturier by a country mile...Size, amazing creative hands, excellent goal scoring and playmaking skills and smart, big body, great positioning and works hard on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->