Couture - ranking

byeyimini

Sep 10, 2002
Visit site
I know it’s a huge “IF†that we could apply to many of the kids in this draft. But if Couture had enjoyed a typical healthy season and played…say 65 games. I projected his stats to 31 goals and 61 assists, that is not even giving the benefit of the doubt that his production may have been better if he didn’t have mono. So my question is, if he had racked up 92+ point this season…would it have made any difference in where he seems to be getting ranked ? …or are the scouts are already factoring this kind of stuff in.

ARS

Apr 26, 2004
Ottawa
I think he would've been ranked higher, if this kid goes outside of the top 10, the team that picks him will be getting a steal.

Fortius

May 23, 2007
Couldn't agree more.... his potential was top 3 at the start of the year, and he's a very skilled and smart player who Coach Kilrea has heaped praise on throughout this year. I'd take his word for it based on how many players he's seen and coached in his career.

byeyimini

Sep 10, 2002
Visit site
well...

I guess we'll know soon enough, but I thought for sure Couture would garner more attention. I obviously agree that's he is being underrated...so he will make a mid first round team very happy. I guess sickness/injuries or not...these kids must deliver the stats in full or they fall down the list. Really looking forward to seeing what kind of season he puts together for the 67's next year (and maybe the World Jr's too). He should make the scouts of the team that draft him look very good !!

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
i saw him play in ottawa over the past couple of years - and this kid is amazing. For him to play like he did this year while he was battling mononucleosis, thats amazing. I think he could go in the top 10 still, and i know he wont fall past MTL at 12.

RipCityPuckers

Jun 16, 2007
Toronto
How bout this Hab fans, since you say Esposito and Couture wont get past the Habs at 12, who do they pick if they are both avalible?

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Some team might pick him in the top 3 or 4. Unlikely but teams have taken a flyer on a prospect like this earlier than expected before. If you think Couture is the best player in the Draft then you take him even if you have the 3rd or 4th pick.

I would be surprised if he drops below 7 or 8.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
How bout this Hab fans, since you say Esposito and Couture wont get past the Habs at 12, who do they pick if they are both avalible?

espo's a nice talent, but couture is a future captain. Theyd take him hands down.

Mackee

Oct 9, 2003
Montreal
As a Hab fan, I'd take Couture over Esposito any day of the week. I'd consider moving up to grab him as well.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
As a Duck fan, I want to be able to trade up and get this guy so badly. I'm hoping for Zach Hamill at 16, but, if Burkie somehow maneuvered to get him, be it by trading up, or Couture falling a little(shouldn't happen, but I hope it does), that would make my day.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
Inside info or just a prediction your part? I am hoping it's inside info.:D

im an overzealous poster on HFboards. Of course its inside info :sarcasm:

ive met the guy a couple of times, and i know he'd like to go to montreal, im just not sure wether montreal has him at the top of their list. He also wants to go to buffalo. I talked to him about florida taking him and he said he might as well be playing in europe, because of the [non]exposure.

Speedshank

Apr 4, 2007
Edmonton
Either than the injury and flu problem, the only thing that would keep Couture from being in the top 3 is his age.

Like Alzner, Couture is one of the oldest kids in the draft and was only a few days away from being in last years draft. Scouts look at Couture and Alzner and are comparing them to players of last years' draft. They're almost a year older and therefore are expected to be better.

jay-P

Dec 21, 2005
Finland
Either than the injury and flu problem, the only thing that would keep Couture from being in the top 3 is his age.

Like Alzner, Couture is one of the oldest kids in the draft and was only a few days away from being in last years draft. Scouts look at Couture and Alzner and are comparing them to players of last years' draft. They're almost a year older and therefore are expected to be better.

What are you implying? Couture was born on March 1989.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=89766

Fortius

May 23, 2007
You must be confusing him with either Sweatt (9/21/88) or Hamill (9/23/88).... hmmm, that's interesting, hadn't noticed that til now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad