Cousins sees two-way play as best way to the NHL

Flyersfan1216

Dec 17, 2008
FL ( From Philly)
Cousins was #52 last night right? He showed more skill during 1 PP that Laughton has ever showed. Hell Cousins scored a PPG during his draft year which he was 17 all year! Laughton needs to go back to juniors. He'll be 19 lets see if he can even come close to putting up the 100 points that Cousins did at 19. Hell I'm hoping he can come close to 88 points that Cousins put up at age 18.

Going by what I've seen so far Cousins has way more skill then Laughton. Laughton does have better size and skating ability though. I see Laughton as a third line center.. and we already have that in Couturier ( whose development has been ruined btw).

Last edited:

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Cousins was #52 last night right? He showed more skill during 1 PP that Laughton has ever showed. Hell Cousins scored a PPG during his draft year which he was 17 all year! Laughton needs to go back to juniors. He'll be 19 lets see if he can even come close to putting up the 100 points that Cousins did at 19. Hell I'm hoping he can come close to 88 points that Cousins put up at age 18.

Going by what I've seen so far Cousins has way more skill then Laughton. Laughton does have better size and skating ability though. I see Laughton as a third line center.. and we already have that in Couturier ( whose development has been ruined btw).

It's not all about the points.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Sorry if I expect our first round pick to outscore our 3rd round pick.. I'm just going by the #'s and what I've seen in the NHL games.. so far there isn't any comparison.

That's okay though. Laughton has a bigger frame, he is solid defensively. Give him time, everyone is expecting him to jump in and put up points right away. He's not a complete offensive threat. He's more of a well-rounded player, he's very solid on both sides of the puck.

Honestly, if we keep going with Giroux at 1C and Vinny at 2C. What's the problem with Laughton growing at 3C? Remember when the Pens won the cup?

I like Cousins, but to consistently dismantle Laughton because of what he hasn't done yet, isn't fair. Because of the differences in the style of hockey.

Flyersfan1216

Dec 17, 2008
FL ( From Philly)
That's okay though. Laughton has a bigger frame, he is solid defensively. Give him time, everyone is expecting him to jump in and put up points right away. He's not a complete offensive threat. He's more of a well-rounded player, he's very solid on both sides of the puck.

Honestly, if we keep going with Giroux at 1C and Vinny at 2C. What's the problem with Laughton growing at 3C? Remember when the Pens won the cup?

I like Cousins, but to consistently dismantle Laughton because of what he hasn't done yet, isn't fair. Because of the differences in the style of hockey.

Laughton isn't going to play at 3C. They flyers are going to use him on a 4th line checking role and ruin his offensive development. Should be back at Oshawa and competing for team canada playing top minutes.

This might sound crazy but Cousins reminded me a little bit of Richards. Skating style and height along with how he played in the offensive zone. Hope they both turn into studs.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->