Confirmed with Link: Cousins for a 2021 4th

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I wonder if they dumped Reaves to Mtl

Cousins scored a nice goal against Vegas this year. Probably left a good impression.

Good, cheap bottom 6 winger/13th forward. Can't kill penalties or play C that well. I guess he's the new Carpenter.

Reactions: ChanceVegas

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Here's a mathematical solution to the cap problem:

Cousins retained 50% for a $500k cap hit. Whitecloud and Roy sent to the AHL today. That leaves Vegas with a 20 man roster that's $195k under the cap. Tomorrow they can recall Whitecloud and Roy, then be prepared to send both down when Tuch needs to be activated.

Last edited:

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Full set of cap moves compared to the (not updated) current CF numbers:

In: Lehner $2.5m (50%)
In: Cousins $500k (50%)

Out: Subban -$850k

To AHL: Whitecloud -$925k
To AHL: Roy -$720k

Net +$505k. Team was $700k under the LTIR usage pool. This would bring them to $195k below the effective LTIR cap with a 20man roster.

Reactions: Puckrobber

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Full set of cap moves compared to the (not updated) current CF numbers:

In: Lehner $2.5m (50%)
In: Cousins $500k (50%)

Out: Subban -$850k

To AHL: Whitecloud -$925k
To AHL: Roy -$720k

Net +$505k. Team was $700k under the LTIR usage pool. This would bring them to $195k below the effective LTIR cap with a 20man roster.

Does this mean Tuch can't come off LTIR before end of regular season without a cap move?

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Does this mean Tuch can't come off LTIR before end of regular season without a cap move?

It means they have room to active Tuch, assuming Roy and Whitecloud are being sent down temporarily or there's some special clause allowing them to be sent down like emergency recall.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Although it looks now like the Lehner trade was a double retention deal (I honestly think those should be more restricted then they are). So different cap math.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Wonder if they'll play Carrier-Stephenson-Nosek as the 3rd line as that worked well against Ducks, and then Cousins-Quinney-Reaves as 4th line until any of Roy, Glass, or Tuch is back.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Wonder if they'll play Carrier-Stephenson-Nosek as the 3rd line as that worked well against Ducks, and then Cousins-Quinney-Reaves as 4th line until any of Roy, Glass, or Tuch is back.

We have so many bottom sixers and all of them except Nosek are RFA or wouldn't go anywhere else (Reaves). Even Nosek would probably love to come back.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Carrier is at his best when he's kept under 13m. I really hope Cousins catches NewGuy fever.

We have so many bottom sixers and all of them except Nosek are RFA or wouldn't go anywhere else (Reaves). Even Nosek would probably love to come back.

He's talking about tomorrow's game I reckon.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Carrier is at his best when he's kept under 13m. I really hope Cousins catches NewGuy fever.

He's talking about tomorrow's game I reckon.

I know, just pointing that we have so many and all are still under team control (or virtually so with Reaves.)

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017

A reminder that Reaves makes so much because we matched another team's 3 year offer in a two year deal to avoid losing him. I wouldn't say he wouldn't go anywhere else. He could even see a team move as beer market growth.....

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
A reminder that Reaves makes so much because we matched another team's 3 year offer in a two year deal to avoid losing him. I wouldn't say he wouldn't go anywhere else. He could even see a team move as beer market growth.....

I think he gets the Engo treatment after signing a one or two season vet minimum after this season. He probably stays with the organization after he is done playing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->