Proposal: Couple of trades for Leafs

NCoRe

Dec 30, 2007
Seinäjoki
While there's a lot of RD proposals allready its true that we need that now and in the future. Also we could use depth and/or size to our F pool. Either prospects or stabilized NHL'ers. Here's a couple of proposals.

I try to be fair on both sides (And I know that is usually impossible here, but still) let's try it out ;)

:leafs

Dermott+Kappy+Åberg+ Ceci

for

Severson
Zacha

Reasoning: Severson is two-way RD with reasonable term/cap. Zacha could use change of scenery and could flourish with the Leafs. I think Kappy would be insane addition to the thin f roster of Devils and Dermott a really good addition to their blueline. Ceci is purely cap reasons and while he's been pretty underwhelming with the Leafs, I still think he would be better with the Devils system. Depth forward Pontus is fringe player who could step his game with a team with less pressure and regular playing time.

Bracco

:sens

Formenton

Reasoning: While Formenton is doing damage this season, he's still lot more unproven than Bracco, who's teared AHL up for 2 seasons allready. He simply needs a offensive role in top 6/9 in NHL. He's not going to outperform Leafs RW's but with the Senators he could be unbelievable talent with Tkachuk for example.
Leafs prospects on the left side isnt that great and Formenton would be really good piece to salvage that.

Kivihalme + 3rd 2020

:hawks

Kubalik

Reasoning: Cuz I like Kubalik :D :D Naah. CHI could use a good D prospect to they're roster who could IMHO play in the NHL allready. Also draft picks is something they do need. I think this is a really win-win trade. Kubalik could replace Johnson's talent on the wings and possibly earn a extension from the Leafs in the process. I gotta be honest, I dont know how highly CHI rates Kuby

Let the torching begin

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Devils respectfully pass

Honestly, leafs probably do as well. Sevs isn't the type of defenseman they need, I would imagine. Sevs makes now sense going to a team like Vegas, if traded.

Kap for Sevs would be fine in value, just not a fit for Toronto. Zacha for Dermott isn't one I care for, tbh. I'd rather keep zacha.

Last edited:

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
1st: Ceci doesn't need to be included, he's IR for the year. Kapanen for Severson is interesting

2nd: Not close, Bracco has 4 goals and is older, Formenton is big, 20 years old and scores goals.

3rd: Awful, Kivihalme has no value, a 3rd has no value and the Blackhawks are trying to make the playoffs. why would they trade a good player for nothing?

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
While there's a lot of RD proposals allready its true that we need that now and in the future. Also we could use depth and/or size to our F pool. Either prospects or stabilized NHL'ers. Here's a couple of proposals.

I try to be fair on both sides (And I know that is usually impossible here, but still) let's try it out ;)

for

Severson
Zacha

Reasoning: Severson is two-way RD with reasonable term/cap. Zacha could use change of scenery and could flourish with the Leafs. I think Kappy would be insane addition to the thin f roster of Devils and Dermott a really good addition to their blueline. Ceci is purely cap reasons and while he's been pretty underwhelming with the Leafs, I still think he would be better with the Devils system. Depth forward Pontus is fringe player who could step his game with a team with less pressure and regular playing time.

Bracco

Formenton

Reasoning: While Formenton is doing damage this season, he's still lot more unproven than Bracco, who's teared AHL up for 2 seasons allready. He simply needs a offensive role in top 6/9 in NHL. He's not going to outperform Leafs RW's but with the Senators he could be unbelievable talent with Tkachuk for example.
Leafs prospects on the left side isnt that great and Formenton would be really good piece to salvage that.

Kivihalme + 3rd 2020

Kubalik

Reasoning: Cuz I like Kubalik :D :D Naah. CHI could use a good D prospect to they're roster who could IMHO play in the NHL allready. Also draft picks is something they do need. I think this is a really win-win trade. Kubalik could replace Johnson's talent on the wings and possibly earn a extension from the Leafs in the process. I gotta be honest, I dont know how highly CHI rates Kuby

Let the torching begin

You are going to be torched. I'm not even a Chicago supporter but I can tell you that is not even close what Chicago would want for Kubalik. 23 goals in 56 games? For a prospect and a 3rd?

New Jersey laughs at the deal as the only good thing in there is Kapanen. And they give up a forward in Zacha who could easily improve and the best player in the deal in Severson.

There's plenty of players who can tear it up in the AHL but not in the NHL. Bracco could be one of those and it's too early to give up on Formenton. Ottawa says no.

In short, everyone but Toronto says no.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Supprise

Let me guess, it felt good for your Leaf-heart doing this trades, cuz it felt you gave up very little and got very much.
Liljegren is closer to value to Formenton then soon need to pass waivers Bracco...

NCoRe

Dec 30, 2007
Seinäjoki
Supprise

Let me guess, it felt good for your Leaf-heart doing this trades, cuz it felt you gave up very little and got very much.
Liljegren is closer to value to Formenton then soon need to pass waivers Bracco...

Actually it didn't cuz there was pieces who was hard to let go. I missed Kuba trade hard, but other two i think are reasonable

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
small sample size but OP's outreach is rejected so far.

Let's cut to the proverbial chase.
Talent costs. Proven quality costs more.

Something around Deangelo + a moderately significant add + a small add for Nylander.

Dea will want Dumba $ at around 6 per, but is rfa and likely takes a big jump up to 4 next season if part of a deal with term that escalates rapidly.

That is what NY would want. No Kap, no this no that.

Not trying to come off as the heavy here, just bottom lining it like I expect it is on this one.

Reactions: egelband

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I know most teams are looking to get rid of a rookie forwards with 23 goals for bigger magic beans but .. Chicago might buck the trend and decline this one.

Reactions: Chainshot

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
1) Ceci and Aberg are useless. Zacha is more valuable than Dermott. Kapanen for Severson 1for1 might work as someone else mentioned.

2) Formenton is a better and younger prospect...TOR and OTT are bitter rivals. Completely unrealistic and bad deal.

3) 2 nothing assets for a solid player and good NHL goal scorer...why would the Blackhawks even entertain?

Pretty bad proposals

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Three strikes in the OP. Wonderful that he knows the torching is coming, although Devil's, Senators and Blackhawks fans aren't usually too overboard on that regard.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
All three of these greatly favour the Leafs.
So many trade proposals seem to be made by people trying to fleece the other team and overrating their own players. It’s a rare poster who can post at a trade involving his own team and look at what is fair and meets the needs of both teams.

member 300185

You don't trade Napanen. He is clutch in big games, big big games. He is the cream that rises to the top during playoffs.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
These are atrocious for every team that isn’t the Leafs

Reactions: Morrison

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013

for

Severson
Zacha

Bracco

Formenton

Kivihalme + 3rd 2020

Kubalik

Let the torching begin

NJ and Chicago laugh at you. Why on earth would they do that - especially Chicago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad