Proposal: Couple of trade ideas for Leafs

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Love how all but the z trade is pure trash for leafs but opposing fans just want to talk about that one trade.

Yeah aj is going nowhere and we aren't in the business of just tossing picks for meh players anymore. That guy runs the isles.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
While I think Zaitsev is a dump, where is this precedent of giving up a top prospect or 1st pick to dump someone? I asked this in a prior thread and never saw a reply, because I can't genuinely think of one.

It's happened once during the first year of the cap NJ gave SJ a 1st to dump Vladimir Malakhov that was almost 14 years ago

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
While I think Zaitsev is a dump, where is this precedent of giving up a top prospect or 1st pick to dump someone? I asked this in a prior thread and never saw a reply, because I can't genuinely think of one.
Because the guy has over five years with a modified NTC

Players with 1-3 years and no trade clause have gone with 2nds so its pretty easy to realize hed cost far more

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
I know there's a lot of TML threads, but I think these offers are fairly reasonable. Of course I'll get torched for them, but thats basically the norm around here :D Still be gentle guys !

:wings

2nd 2020

:leafs

Nick Jensen

Reasoning: TOR get's a good uinderrated D and DET gets a draft pick to get another gem on the draft (I'm so envious how well you drafted last summer)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:nashville

Connor Brown

Miikka Salomäki
4th 2020

Reasoning: NSH gets a more all-around forward with a lot more offensive tools to share. TML gets more grittier forward who's a lil cheaper and less valued than Connor, hence the draft pick.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:avs

Zaitsev
2nd 2021

Igor Shvyryov
6th 2019

Reasoning: Cap wise it's necessary for Leafs and exchange they get a good b-level prospect for they're atrocious C department. COL get's a too much dissed and compensation for taking him aswell.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:coyotes

Andreas Johnson
Jake Gardiner (signed)

Niklas Hjalmarsson
Nick Merkley
Rights to Entwistle/Dineen

Reasoning: To get a good reliable LD to Leafs to replace Gardiner and little filling to C department and a prospect. Exchange AZ will get JG and a hugely underrated winger to fullfill he's potential.

(This one probably gets me torched the most, cuz I'm not that sure of the valuation of the prospects)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
not happening from leafs side...

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Leafs don't do any of them, except maybe the Jensen one but it doesn't make sense without the other deals going through.

Plus some of these are TDL deals, while others only make sense at the draft.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Because the guy has over five years with a modified NTC

Players with 1-3 years and no trade clause have gone with 2nds so its pretty easy to realize hed cost far more

Yeah the 5 years makes it rough. But all I'm saying is that there isn't really a clear comparable that I can think of.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
As many others have said nobody is taking Zaitsev without significant retention and/or incentive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad