Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
RR1107 said:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=129331&hubName=nhl

:::QUOTE::: With lawyers on both sides drafting the agreement as talks progress, it's a matter of days before a tentative deal will be announced. :::QUOTE:::

Yay! :yo:

Key line in that article
While they didn't meet on Friday, both sides were to hold internal discussions throughout the weekend

If it were still "2 weeks away" then they would have met again today...I can see the light at the end!

Boozers

Mar 18, 2004
Edmonton
To be honest here boys and girls Im just as excited for the offseason as I am for the actual season. I mean guys are going to moving left and right, possible buyouts, the draft man so unpreditable its going to fun watching where every team goes GIDDY UP !!!!

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I think (just a personal hunch) that we are very very close to the end. As in 1 or 2 more days of talks.

If the main people negotiating are American (Goodenow, Bettman, the lawyers...) and they could choose to take 1 day off, I think they would have taken July 4 (USA) over July 1 (CAN). Yet they chose to take July 1 off. Why???

My thinking is if they woulda met July 1 an anouncement would have been ready by the end of July 1 (Friday night?), July 4 (American holiday?)...

After working fridays for I don't know how long, why do they suddenly decide to take a break on this one (when they are suppose to be in a rush to get this done)?

I think it is because an anouncement is due soon after a day or two more of negotiations. Having postured aboutthis stuff sufficiently enough before, they should not make thefans wait more than they have to once the talks are done. They want media coverage on it so they want to push the end away from July 4, yet they still are going to be working on things on Monday (a holiday for them).

I say there is 1 (Monday), maybe 2 (Tuesday) days left. By Tuesday night at the latest they will call a press conference for the next day - July 6 - at the latest.

Again it's just a hunch... but it makes some sense doesn't it?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
finska said:
What about this player vote? Does that mean the majority rules, ie. more than 50% would ratify the agreement? This may still be an obstacle.

After all the people coming out in the media, I dare the NHLPA to not ratify this and then try and look at fans with a striaght face when they don't come back as replacement players.

There is a major split in the union though, that will show when they ratify this.

Are they still in New York, and staying in New York or are they going to Toronto?

LPHabsFan

Jul 14, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
go kim johnsson said:
Are they still in New York, and staying in New York or are they going to Toronto?

I would say New York only because any announcement will come in NY to attract the major network guys. They wouldn't get that in Toronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->