Countdown to Camp - The Newbies (Final Edition)

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
Camp starts next week so this looks to be the last edition of Countdown to Camp. Today we focus on our new additions that look to be locks or have some sort of shot at making the team out of camp. This includes Jarome Iginla, Brad Stuart, Daniel Briere, Zach Redmond, Reto Berra, Jesse Winchester, Maxim Noreau, Tomas Vincour and Bruno Gervais. (Yes, I know some of these have been Avalanche before this year but never played, or I would like to forget that they played, with the big club)

Iggy looks to be a lock in the top 6 forwards, Briere should be a 3rd liner, Stuart will likely be in the top 4 defenders (unless Holden beats him out; then he may be 3rd pairing) and Berra will almost certainly be the backup to Varly. Winchester has a pretty good shot at a 4th line spot and Redmond looks to lock down the 3rd pairing RH slot on defense. Add in Talbot and one of Bordy or McLeod and that gives us a full roster. Then that leaves the rest fighting for 13th forward and 7th & 8th defenders. This is my take of what is most likely to happen.

Do you see the roster filling out differently? Who takes spots on the 4th line, and RH defense for the 3rd pairing? Who stays up as healthy scratches and who gets sent down? Do any of the guys on this list or otherwise surprise and move up or down in the depth chart?

Iginla-to-COL.jpg

130126074433_uspw_6973134.jpg

Daniel-Briere.jpg

redmond_superman.jpg

Reto+Berra+Colorado+Avalanche.png

jesse-winchester-sergei-bobrovsky-nhl-columbus-blue-jackets-florida-panthers-e1410129739494.jpg

m_7g3a.jpg

334.jpg

890078-bruno-gervais-arborait-fierement-nouveau.jpg

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Can't wait to see these guys in action. Iggy is the only one that I feel like I have seen enough of to get a sense of how good they will be.

Particularly excited to see Winchester and Redmond.

I'm not giving Gervais much of a chance at all. Seems like he was brought in as an AHLer. Vincour has a slight chance but would bet he starts in LE. Noreau, I'm guessing he beats out Elliott and stays on as a scratch. Everyone else is a lock to make the team, though Winchester might start off as a healthy scratch before becoming a regular, but would bet he is on the 4th right away.

I think Street is a solid emergency pick up as well. He certainly would be the most proven call up we have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad