Countdown to Camp - Maxime Talbot

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
Today we turn our attention to Max Talbot.

At first, almost everyone here hated trading Steve Downie for Max Talbot. I personally liked it because I was tired of Downie's undisciplined play without the puck and inconsistent play with the puck. While it seems we should have received a pick coming back as well, this was still a good trade. Also, Talbot is a great personality to have around the locker room and in the community. Also also, the gf is a Pens fan :)whatever:) and he was always a great team player.

He plays great on the 4th line and PK and can play well on the 3rd line when surrounded by players that can put the puck in the net. He cannot be relied upon to score but is great at getting the pucks along the boards for his linemates. The line of McLeod - Cliche - Talbot in the playoffs was dreadful to watch but should never happen again. :crossfing

What position do we see Talbot occupying this year? Will he continue to be counted upon for the PK? Is there any chance our increased depth sees him scratched at some point this year? Will MacK give Talbot some of his skillz as part of a rentor's agreement?

131206AvsFlamesTalbot.jpg

Talbot_CGY_110813_CU.jpg

Jacob+Markstrom+Colorado+Avalanche+v+Vancouver+lvBe_AP0wgHl.jpg

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

hkn_nhl_colorado_avalanche_winnipeg_jets_20131212_29480821.jpg

482939663_slide.jpg

7881134.jpg

7881433.jpg

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
In an ideal world, he'd be on the 4th line and top PK unit. I imagine he'll play a lot on the top 3 lines as he's likely the first person to move up when an injury occurs.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
I think he grows into more of an agitator role than last year. He was really throwing himself around against the wild and getting under their skin. Ideally he stays on the 4th line, but he will probably be the first one bumped up to the 3rd, which wouldn't be terrible as long as the others on that line have some offensive ability, which all (McGinn, Mitchell, Breire) currently do.

Definitely continues to be our top PKer. No way is he scratched-plays a vital role, more than likely the best 4th liner, more versatile than others like McLeod and Bordy, one of our top leaders,

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
I loved the trade. Great team player and person in the locker room. I think he'll be on the 4th line with Winchester and someone else battling for that spot (McLeod, Bordy, Vincour, Cliche). Great penalty killer and really seemed a Galiardi type pest towards the end of the year and playoffs. If an injury occurs, McGinn probably moves up to the top 6, and Talbot to the third.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad