Countdown to Camp - Alex Tanguay

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
For the second installment of the Countdown to Camp series, we look at another potential wildcard in Alex Tanguay.

We all agree that if Tangs could stay healthy and conditioned that he is a valuable asset to have on the team. Unfortunately, this was rarely the case last year. Most people have him slotted next to Landy - MacK and some alongside ROR - Dutchy.

Where do you think he plays? Does he still got it? How many games can we expect him to play? If we somehow got 80 games of Tangs, what are his realistic point totals?

Tanguay.jpg

alex_tanguay_5_large.jpg

022114_tanguay.jpg

181041144_slide.jpg

Last edited:

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
If Tanguay could play ~60 games next year, I think he'd be a pretty big asset to help replace the offense we lost in Stastny.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I think he will play next to Dutchy and ROR for the most part, and I think he will actually be fairly healthy (70+ games) or only play 15-20 games again. If he plays the 70+ games I fully expect a 50 point season out of him with probably 12-15 goals.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Hips don't lie.

Hope he gets to stay healthy. Having someone with his puck skill and patience will help our scoring lines. Avs played their best hockey with him in the lineup last year.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
I think he will be paired with Landeskog and MacKinnon. That balances the top two lines, giving both some power, speed, passing and skill. Put him with Duchene and O'Reilly and the other line has both power forwards...not sure that works out best overall. But I expect to see some shuffling, and not just due to the inevitable injuries. If Tanguay plays a full season, I would expect right around 60 points. I think in the predictions thread I said 19g 39a 58pts.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Unless Tanguay or Duchene shoot more, I don't see the purpose of putting Tanguay on that line. Best bet is to wait till training camp. On paper it looks like Tanguay should be on MacKinnon line. Landeskog and MacK love to shoot so having Tanguay with them should help balance it out.

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
I'm going to be overly optimistic and say that we get 70+ games of Tangs where he will post 16-39-55 for the regular season and he will be healthy for the postseason where he gets injured in the first round. He will play almost exclusively on a line with Landy-MacK and will play on the PP.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00