Could you kill?

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
As the title says

Could you kill?

I know many people who say no, no matter what.

They subscribe to a truly pacifist philosophy.

I never understood this, I believe all people are capable of taking a life if pushed far enough.

Just look at the olden days, it wasnt uncommon to meet a person who had take a life and people had a very different stance on this subject.

I am not saying I would kill just to kill - But if someone hurt my wife or other family members, like relly hurt, I would hunt that person down, and I would feel no remorse or sadness in doing so, I could 100 percent take their life and not flinch.

If someone threatened me with my life, I would also see that person as a legit target.

It all comes down to ones ability to dehumanize an individual - For me that happens automatically with such a person - I find it curious that some dont.

I know this got dark, and mods feel free to delete if it crosses any boundaries - I just find it an interesting philosophical debate I have had with many people.

Last edited:

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
The Bhagavad Gita says if that’s what you gotta do then that’s what you gotta do.

But for now the only thing I gotta do is to poo, so no time for killing, I’m headed for the loo.

Hashtag philosophy kills.

Reactions: QuietContrarian

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
Sometimes I just want to scream. Keep joking about murder while innocent people are being murdered by state sanctioned militias. I'll probably get a warning for posting that. The posters joking about murder wont even get a slap on the wrist. This is our f***ed up new normal I guess. Float on.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Sometimes I just want to scream. Keep joking about murder while innocent people are being murdered by state sanctioned militias. I'll probably get a warning for posting that. The posters joking about murder wont even get a slap on the wrist. This is our f***ed up new normal I guess. Float on.
What dawg this is the lounge this is like the autonomous zone my feline friend.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Oh - But I am not joking...

934_american-psycho-christian-bale-patrick-bateman-suit-man-screaming-face-blood-mouth-crazy-black-white-movie-american-psycho-1460877734.jpg

Reactions: Bumpus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->