Could you help with a QMJHL Expansion Idea?

Liam Whitton

Jun 19, 2020
St. John's NL
blocked UNB wanted or wants nothing to do with a professional team (Q, or otherwise) in Fredericton even back when the Express and the Canadiens were based there..... it's very similar to why Lowell is simply a 1 team hockey market and that is UMASS-Lowell....
Your right. Just a theory though. However the city is large enough for a team

Barclay Donaldson

Feb 4, 2018
Tatooine
Your right. Just a theory though. However the city is large enough for a team

There are plenty of cities large enough for a team. Fortunately there are a dozen or so other criteria that every viable hockey market must meet. This thread would never end if every people were just blurting out every city in the league footprint with a large enough population to support a team and then saying it is just a theory.

Teaspoon salami

Oct 6, 2019
I would love to see a team in the newly renovated Verdun Auditorium. I do think attendance would be better this time around because Verdun is no longer verdump anymore, but I doubt it would happen.

ErikaPEI

Jul 22, 2022
I would love to see a team in the newly renovated Verdun Auditorium. I do think attendance would be better this time around because Verdun is no longer verdump anymore, but I doubt it would happen.
I don't see an expansion happening, but I wouldn't be shocked to see a team like Bathurst, Cape Breton, or Val d'Or move; most likely to Verdun or Sorell. I know when Charlottetown was almost relocated, it would've been to Sorell.

paul-laus

Jun 20, 2007
I wonder if the Trois Rivières franchise with their new building would be considered by the Q if the current ECHL franchise eventually falters in that league with no natural rivals, no history in that league, and almost no emotional attachment for fans to connect with…

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I wonder if the Trois Rivières franchise with their new building would be considered by the Q if the current ECHL franchise eventually falters in that league with no natural rivals, no history in that league, and almost no emotional attachment for fans to connect with…
unlikely, since St. John's collapsed in Mile One after the interference from SJSE

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->