Could Utah be a future home for the NHL?

Cacciaguida

Jan 11, 2010
Ottawa
Speaking as an erstwhile Golden Eagles fan, I think that'd be fantastic - except the Colorado AHL franchise would probably have issues with the name... ;)

I was hoping they'd rebrand. It's ok. They're Golden after all.

JMROWE The Sens aren't leaving. Owner says it, fans say it, leagues says so.
Chances are the NHL expands to 34, the demand is simply there. I wouldn't put it against the NHL to expand early to Houston and leave relocation for the smaller markets.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Chances are the NHL expands to 34, the demand is simply there. I wouldn't put it against the NHL to expand early to Houston and leave relocation for the smaller markets.

and who is going to be paying at least 650m or more for a team? Houston isn't Quebec isn't.

Dirty Old Man

Anti-chatter Engine
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
I would be willing to bet money on the Coyotes relocating to Houston.

Name it. You too, Llama.

Only sad part is I couldn't find similar patsies for the Coyotes relocating to:

Hamilton
Winnipeg
Quebec
Seattle
Las Vegas
Seattle (again)

Last edited:

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Name it. You too, Llama.

Only sad part is I couldn't find similar patsies for the Coyotes relocating to:

Hamilton
Winnipeg
Quebec
Seattle
Las Vegas
Seattle (again)

Phoenix nearly relocated to Winnipeg in 2010. The NHL made two schedules up to be sure. One with Winnipeg and one with Phoenix. Hamilton should have bought Phoenix and moved them to Hamilton but Balsillie played his cards wrong and antagonized the owners. The only reason Phoenix still has a team, it can be argued, is that it is the ego of Bettman and the NHL owners, not wanting to concede defeat after investing so much time with the struggling Coyotes franchise, going back as far as over a decade.

The Coyotes will move to Texas. The real question is where? Austin or Houston...

Dirty Old Man

Anti-chatter Engine
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
The Coyotes will move to Texas. The real question is where? Austin or Houston...

That's not a number. Give me a deadline so I can save this post and remind you when the deadline passes. Also, to give periodic reminders that it has not yet occurred.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->