Could Tom Anselmi be a problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UFancyHuh

May 29, 2008
Lost
didnt even know who this guy was until today :laugh:. so i would say no, from the interviews he sounds like just a puppet for the board members.

Toasterman

Jul 23, 2010
This isn't a soap opera. If you've watched any of Nonis' previous media addresses, that's how he looks. No, he didn't see a fistfight. No, he didn't see a murder. No he didn't see MLSE point a shotgun at Burke's head or vice versa.

Did I personally insult your best friend? Dial it down a notch, buddy.

Every remarked on how out of it Nonis looked.

I'm sure the meeting where Burke was fired was a quiet one conducted via whispers and messages written on cue cards.

Enhanced

Sep 26, 2008
Toronto, ON
Anselmi is a puppet.

The "Remember, All of you work for Rogers/Bell here" was one of the most cowardly things I've heard in a long time.

It's the six people on the board who think they know how to run sports organizations.

Anyone have a video on this? mapleleafs.com doesn't seem to have the full video and just has bits on YouTube.

I was watching the presser live, but I didn't hear the comment fully. I thought it was a joke -- had no idea it was a threat.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Wtf was that ******** about the owners and managers have a strange relationship he was spewing for every answer. Stupidest **** I have ever heard answer the damn questions you are asked that genuinely annoyed me

Bravid Nonahan

carlylol = القسوة
Mar 22, 2009
أو&#1585
Wtf was that ******** about the owners and managers have a strange relationship he was spewing for every answer. Stupidest **** I have ever heard answer the damn questions you are asked that genuinely annoyed me

I'm assuming you're talking about the interview on PTS

That was one of the most BS filled spewing of garbage I've ever heard from one person. Deliberately dodging questions. McCown had him on the ropes, Anselmi's answers were complete junk.

Enhanced

Sep 26, 2008
Toronto, ON
Earlier today Bob McCown was basically saying how it was dumb move from MLSE, so I doubt he cares about that.

McCown is too big of a name to lose his job. Maybe some of the smaller members of the media will shut their mouths now, but Dreger, McKenzie, McCown etc. are unlikely to lose their jobs because of their opinions. That's what they get paid for.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
No Jays fans in here? None of them are complaining about Anselmi.

People are basing their opinions on assumptions, none of which they know are true. There is no proof the owners interfering with the Leafs.

Boom King

Dec 11, 2010

People are basing their opinions on assumptions, none of which they know are true. There is no proof the owners interfering with the Leafs.

I might be missing something, but what connection does Anselmi have with the Blue Jays?

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
I thought Anselmi was in charge of the Jays too, my mistake apparently.

Heista18*

I'll punch Anselmi in the face if I ever catch him in the streets of Toronto.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
I'm assuming you're talking about the interview on PTS

That was one of the most BS filled spewing of garbage I've ever heard from one person. Deliberately dodging questions. McCown had him on the ropes, Anselmi's answers were complete junk.

Annoying. McCown had him in the vise grip, and Cox helped him out of making his own bed right there. It was disappointing. Really wish Cox could have realized that was his time to shut his damn mouth.

false bobo

Dec 6, 2011
After hearing that atrocious Sportnet interview: yes, he is certainly a part of the problem.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada

There's alot of proof the owners are interfering. McCowan basically got him to say as much on radio today. That's what makes this so awful.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I saw or heard nothing from Anselmi today, both in the presser and his radio appearances, that suggested to me that he's nothing more than the board's puppet.

What does concern me?

He pretty much admitting on radio that the board have their fingers on the hockey side of things. Or at least want to.

Haven't we been down this road before?

Give the manager the freedom to do what he wants. The board should be focused on running the business and making money. Not running the hockey side of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->