Could the Calgary Flames get McDavid from the Edmonton Oilers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightmare1000

May 1, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Is there any chance in the near future were the Calgary Flames could acquire Connor McDavid from the Edmonton Oilers? I am asking as I am wondering what trade the Flames could pull off to get him from the Oilers. I think a good trade in the future would be to offer Sean Monahan, Johnny Gaudreau, and a future 1st round draft pick. It's unlikely the Oilers would ever give the Flames Connor McDavid for anything. But I'm just wondering because I would hope the Flames could some how get a deal done with the Oilers to make him a Flame. Is their any possible trade offers you could see the Oilers accepting from the Flames in order to give up Connor McDavid? This might seem like a very unlikely scenario but as a fan we can only hope. Also I am suprised the Flames never tried to get Taylor Hall from the Oilers. The Oilers originally wanted a good defenseman in exchange for Taylor Hall which they got in Adam Larsson but the Flames should have tried to get him from the Oilers. Maybe they should have traded Mark Giordano for Taylor Hall and then made Sean Monahan captain, with Johnny Gaudreau, and Taylor Hall being alternate captains. I know I am not a hockey General Manager but it would have been awesome seeing the team rivalry being even more intense with Connor McDavid vs Taylor Hall as an Oiler and Flame.

postmedia-calgary1.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad