WJC: Could Team Canada Jrs beat an AHL/ECHL team?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
They'd do OK against NHL bottom feeders?

Take note that only 2 members of the 2005 WJC defense were good enough to be NHL regulars the following 2006 season. Combine that with having a 19 y.o. Jeff Glass in net and the results would not be pretty vs NHL teams.

No one is saying they would do well against NHL competition, just the Islanders.:sarcasm:

The question was actually how would the current team fare against AHL and ECHL competition, and I say they would beat the E teams consistently, and win some AHL games.

But of course they are all tiny, weak, non-experienced children who can't handle the rigors of the giant beasts of the AHL or EcHL.:sarcasm:

Never mind the fact that the WJs have played on a HUGE stage, whereas most ECHLers have played in front of crowds from major cities such as Swift Current and Lethbridge.

There are truly too many intangibles involved, and it leaves us speculating, which i always find fun.

CaptBrannigan

Apr 5, 2006
Tampa
From what I've seen of junior hockey and the ECHL and AHL, if the WJC team played every ECHL and AHL team at a neutral site I'd put their over/under for regulation wins at 5. Of course there's no way to tell without actually playing the games but I think people are drastically underrating the ECHL here.

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
I don't think that people give enough credit to the WJC teams. I would expect the AHL team to win, but if they faced each other over a long period of time, say 82 games, Team Canada would get a fair share of wins.

If you put an AHL team in the NHL, it is the same, they would get wins. People just don't understand that these guys aren't just scrubs, they have talent. The experience of the AHL teams would win it for them in the end though.

In a one game series I would guess AHL team would win 4-2 or so.

I agree 100% on this. Believe it or not more then 75% could make the jump if they had the right situation. Just like Corey Locke or shawn Belle and some are simply push into a situation they shouldn't be like Boedker or Turris and cause of that slow down there progression. So never critize a situation with out knowing the situation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->