Could peter forsberg be a good gm or coach?

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
2 years ago he said mcdavid will be the best player in hockey, Bold prediction i know.
But he also thought sakic should trade duchene at the start of this season and he did.

His analysis during olympics was also spot on.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
2 years ago he said mcdavid will be the best player in hockey, Bold prediction i know.
But he also thought sakic should trade duchene at the start of this season and he did.

His analysis during olympics was also spot on.
Uhh maybe I guess ? Who knows but those first two things were obvious to anyone .

Duchene was on the block for a half year before the start of the season.

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
How has he done with MODO?

He was assistent GM in MODO for a few years. Markus Naslund was the main GM. MODO got relegated to the 2nd division in sweden during his last year.

Modo lead Game 7 of the relegation series at home 3-2 with 50 seconds left in the 3rd period, the other team tied it and Forsberg was seen in the stands throwing something in anger and then left the stands.

Then the other team won in OT and stunned Modo and the whole hockey in sweden.

See the deciding Game 7 OT goal that sent MODO from top tier team to lower level franchise:

Forsberg and Naslund left their positions and have no connections to MODO, except for Peter Forsbergs companys sponsoring the club.

Peter Forsberg has said "he will never be "complete" again before Modo is back in the 1st division - SHL.

MODO is still playing in the 2nd division still and was almost relegated to 3rd division.
---
Naslund and Forsberg brought in many ex NHL and AHL north american players that pretty much were a giant mistake most of them!

Last edited:
Reactions: Leafidelity

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
I doubt it, he has never even coached peewee hockey to my knowledge. He didn't exactly excel in a front office role with Modo either, and he was far from the only one who called for a Duchene trade.

The only Swede who's likely to get a head coach job soon in the NHL is Ulf Samuelsson. He has head coach experience from the SHL and AHL, and is currently in his 4th season as assistant coach in the NHL.

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Would he allow Canadians on his team though or would he every once in a while push them up against a wall and yell "f***ING CHEATER" at them?

HenrikW

Feb 21, 2018
Peter Forsberg has done nothing for MODO. People that says anything about his "front office role" simply has zero insight and should refrain from posting on the subject. He has worked as a scout, any other title is just honorary.

Forsberg will never be a head coach. After his stint as an expert commentator in the Olympics he has said that he'll never do it again as it's too time consuming and it takes away from his other interests/commitments.

Even if he finds time his personality isn't compatible with coaching. He is one of the most competitive people in the world, he would struggle with patience and composure. He could be a skills coach but that's about it.

The player most suitable for coaching from Swedens golden generation would hands down be Niklas Lidstrom. He has 4 sons playing hockey, and has been involved at the junior level. The fact that Mike Babcock asked him to be his assistent coach after he retired tells you something of his character. It's not too late, maybe once his sons grow up he'll find time for real

Last edited:

Brun0

Jul 24, 2009
Nope, he is horrible at commenting on tv too.. Too much emotional, not very smart/rational person

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad