Could Miro Heiskanen win the Norris already?

Barkkonen

May 10, 2011
He passed to the guy who passed to the guy who passed to the next guy who finally passed to the guy who scored. Its not his fault he is unlucky, but it was him who was behind it..
I see. Was sure it was about other team scoring more than 30goals when he was on ice.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Couldn't find a general discussion thread so I'll just throw this here.

Won't have the point totals for the Norris this season (he is 2nd on the Stars in points and goals though), but defensively he is just about at that level already. He has clearly taken over as the Stars #1 dman too. Played 26:14 tonight and currently sits at 16th in the NHL in TOI per game and leads the Stars in that category. Defends and strips players of the puck like it's nothing and now has been given the responsibility of babysitting Klingberg because of his brutal start to this season.

He is also one of just 4 Stars players this season that's a plus if +/- is your thing

Maybe playing with someone other than Roman Polak finally helps a bit too

Last edited:

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
He's going to be a perennial Norris contender. For me, probably the best two way D of this upcoming generation unless Drysdale ends up better (he's been said to be a higher offensive ceiling, better Travis Dermott, which is insane). He already defends great, mobility is insane and he has good offensive instincts. Guys like Dahlin, Chabot and Makar will get more points, but none will defend better than Miro.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
He looks like he could win the Norris some day in the future but could he win that already after this season? He just doesn't make any mistakes and he makes everyone better. He has been the best player in Dallas so far. I think he has a shot to win the norris already if he keeps playing like this.
Isn't there a 12 year old Finnish hockey player we can talk about?

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Isn't there a 12 year old Finnish hockey player we can talk about?
Not 12, but 13 yes.

I think Heiskanen's done well overall in spite of the slow start that Stars have had. It's not the easiest position to be put into, and I think he's performed well. We could look at Dahlin having 10 points and Heiskanen only 6, but we must remember 7 of those points by Dahlin were on PP, whereas none of Heiskanen's were.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Not 12, but 13 yes.

I think Heiskanen's done well overall in spite of the slow start that Stars have had. It's not the easiest position to be put into, and I think he's performed well. We could look at Dahlin having 10 points and Heiskanen only 6, but we must remember 7 of those points by Dahlin were on PP, whereas none of Heiskanen's were.
Is Dahlin the only other D in the NHL? That Carlson dude in WAS is leading the NHL in scoring currently. I am really getting sick of the inferiority complex of some Finnish posters here on the board, which pushes them to open up a cringe worthy thread every other day, when a Finnish player did well in the NHL. Is d... measuring a national sport or something up there?
As a Swiss I always had sympathies for them and their underdog profile in the World Cups. Since reading on this board, that sympathy is vanishing more and more. Just dial it back a little bit. Finland produces a lot of great hockey players. Lately more so, than ever before. They won now a few World Cups - the last one without the big names from the NHL, so you can't call them underdogs in those events anymore. This doesn't mean, everybody has to agree, that every Finnish hockey player is the best ever.

Reactions: MrThomas

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006

Couldn't find a general discussion thread so I'll just throw this here.

Won't have the point totals for the Norris this season (he is 2nd on the Stars in points and goals though), but defensively he is just about at that level already. He has clearly taken over as the Stars #1 dman too. Played 26:14 tonight and currently sits at 16th in the NHL in TOI per game and leads the Stars in that category. Defends and strips players of the puck like it's nothing and now has been given the responsibility of babysitting Klingberg because of his brutal start to this season.

He is also one of just 4 Stars players this season that's a plus if +/- is your thing

Maybe playing with someone other than Roman Polak finally helps a bit too

Sounds like Norris material Right Now if you ask me...

One of the most fun players to watch in the league for me.

Beautiful skater....

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Is Dahlin the only other D in the NHL? That Carlson dude in WAS is leading the NHL in scoring currently. I am really getting sick of the inferiority complex of some Finnish posters here on the board, which pushes them to open up a cringe worthy thread every other day, when a Finnish player did well in the NHL. Is d... measuring a national sport or something up there?
As a Swiss I always had sympathies for them and their underdog profile in the World Cups. Since reading on this board, that sympathy is vanishing more and more. Just dial it back a little bit. Finland produces a lot of great hockey players. Lately more so, than ever before. They won now a few World Cups - the last one without the big names from the NHL, so you can't call them underdogs in those events anymore. This doesn't mean, everybody has to agree, that every Finnish hockey player is the best ever.
Might wanna read my post again. Sheesh.

Good reason I'm not comparing to Carlson. Could Makar, though. But both Heiskanen and Dahlin are sophomores.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Might wanna read my post again. Sheesh.

Good reason I'm not comparing to Carlson. Could Makar, though. But both Heiskanen and Dahlin are sophomores.
My post did not include Dahlin at all. You brought him in the picture and I have no idea why? (Well I have one, but I won't tell you again, as it didn't resonate well. :laugh:

I responded to the OP and the Heiskanen = Norris worthy overreaction. Now and in the future. Nobody can see in the future and right now Heiskanen is not yet Norris worthy, because there are many other good Ds in the NHL. Many of them get much less fanfare. Heiskanen is not even a Top 10 candidate right now.

Kiekura

Oct 6, 2013
My post did not include Dahlin at all. You brought him in the picture and I have no idea why? (Well I have one, but I won't tell you again, as it didn't resonate well. :laugh:

I responded to the OP and the Heiskanen = Norris worthy overreaction. Now and in the future. Nobody can see in the future and right now Heiskanen is not yet Norris worthy, because there are many other good Ds in the NHL. Many of them get much less fanfare. Heiskanen is not even a Top 10 candidate right now.

Imagine if Heiskanen was playing in Canadian team with those minutes and like he is playing now. Imagine all the threads then. Even better if he was Canadian

Reactions: Helsinki Hurricanes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad