could little bert--AA- mantha be a top 2 line in nhl in a few years?

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
They definitely have the potential but I doubt all three make it to the top 6. Bertuzzi especially seems more of an energy 3rd liner who could substitute in the top 6 if necessary. He has the potential to be as good of a player as Marchand as well though.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
I don't see it I could see Mantha being the top line winger probably playing with Larkin at some point.

AA and more so Bert IMO need to both exceed expectations to be regular top 6 fixtures. I could see them being tweeners basically the up and comming Abby and Helm.

If the stars align they could be a top 2 line for the wings, for the NHL as a whole need to pump the breaks big time.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
As someone who probably has not seen as much GR or pre season games as the rest of you, could any of you let me know if my comparisons are accurate?

Mantha: Glen Murrary/ Franzenin prime. Deff good goal scoring potential but doesn't use size enough. Still constant top 6 threat

Tyler Bertuzzi: a bigger Marchand

Little Bert is acting more like palat then a Marchand imo

jolly roger

Aug 4, 2013
Little Bert is acting more like palat then a Marchand imo

Rumors in Pittsburgh , after Dupuis injured and out, that the Pens are interested in AA, especially after the show he put on there the other night with 10 minutes of ice time.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Rumors in Pittsburgh , after Dupuis injured and out, that the Pens are interested in AA, especially after the show he put on there the other night with 10 minutes of ice time.
I really doubt the authenticity of those "rumors". Anyway we would have no reason to trade AA unless Pittsburgh is giving up something they don't want to give up.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Might be willing to take Maata off their hands for AA But I seriously doubt that either team would do it.

Interesting idea. We definitely could let some of our skilled fowards traded for a Norris-caliber young defenceman.

If guys at Pens-land are so lunatic, just pull the trigger and never look back. Määttä is considered as the "next Lidström" for Finnish National team.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Interesting idea. We definitely could let some of our skilled fowards traded for a Norris-caliber young defenceman.

If guys at Pens-land are so lunatic, just pull the trigger and never look back. Määttä is considered as the "next Lidström" for Finnish National team.

Wouldn't it make more sense to call him the next Timonen?

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Anyone have a link or something that shows the Pens are interested in AA? I can't imagine they are willing to offer anything the Wings are remotely interested in.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Missed our chance at Matta. Holland wanted Quincey instead :( Defensive problems solved with him though for sure, would take a lot to open talks though.

redwingsphan

Apr 25, 2014
Missed our chance at Matta. Holland wanted Quincey instead :( Defensive problems solved with him though for sure, would take a lot to open talks though.

This is just wrong. First of all the wings drafted a bunch of Dmen in the previous draft. Some of whom were highly rated. Secondly, had the wings not went to **** after the deadline they wouldn't have been in position to take matta. Now, I don't love the Quincy trade, but this narrative is a bunch of BS.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Yep. Red Wings traded the 29th overall on the time of the Quincey trade. We were 2nd place on the standings.

Wheels dropped off after that and you just couldn't see that from the crystal ball.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad