Post-Game Talk: Could have sworn it was hockey season - Knights at Cup Champs

Status
Not open for further replies.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Major shoutout to Kuznetsov for having his big slump during his contract year. Really unselfish move to intentionally lower his AAV for the team down the road. Huge.

IMO, he ovedid it a bit -- there was no need to postpone winning the Cup by a year in order to lower the AAV!

Reactions: calicapsfan

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I’m going to be honest I don’t like our offensive trend. 7, 6, 5.... were going in the wrong direction
Disturbing trend from Washington:

Game 1: 7 goals
Game 2: 6 goals
Game 3: 5 goals
Game 82: -74 goals?

You guys are looking at this wrong. We're just averaging 6. That extends out to 492 for the season, easily an NHL record.

I'll be realistic and say they probably just end up with 480 or so :D

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Watched the replay again on the reverse angle. You're right. He already finished pushing across and then stuck his toe out a bit more.
Fleury did it on purpose. How do I know this? I have done it as goalie, myself. It's simple, you don't look directly at the player and stick your leg pad out like you are in the process of attempting a save.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Backstrom did say Kuzy was his favorite player to watch. He has some sick skills. I think he is the most skilled player in the league. And people on the main boards think he is barely a top 20 center.

If Kuzy is still playing this way at the 40 game mark, they will change their minds. Meanwhile the Backstrom had Kuzy covered last night. Lets not forget about him.

Reactions: calicapsfan

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
It seems like we started the end of the Vegas story. And now they'll be unanimous like the coyotes

Let's hope. Except for Gallant they don't seem like "loveable castoffs" to me. And the whole working the #Vegasstrong thing has always bothered me after the very first night. Retiring the number 58? Really?

p.s. I realize I am an ass for feeling this way.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Preface this by saying I loved Barry Trotz.
I like listening to the detail Reirden provides in his pressers.

So much good stuff here:

Last edited:
Reactions: VaCaps Fan

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
This team is fun. It's a great time to be a Caps fan.

Kuznetsov might be an actual wizard.

giphy.gif

That 2 on 1 with Ovi, where he skates the puck down and pulls up while throwing a shoulder fake, both Vegas defenders were so confused that they both simply backed themselves out of the play and covered neither Kuz nor Ovi. It was like a Jedi mind trick on the ice or something. Wizard-like.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->