Could Gru be moved?

Kevinsane

Kraken up.
Apr 11, 2022
Dawson Creek, BC
The cap hit is prohibitive, yes, but man oh man he’s been impressive of late.
I wonder if there’s a three way trade possible where someone makes an offer to a third party to take on part of the salary.
When you think of teams who need an upgrade in goal, is it that far fetched?

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
The cap hit is prohibitive, yes, but man oh man he’s been impressive of late.
I wonder if there’s a three way trade possible where someone makes an offer to a third party to take on part of the salary.
When you think of teams who need an upgrade in goal, is it that far fetched?

He still has three year at $5.9M left on a contract and has yet been able to post a .900(SV%) season for the Kraken.

Unless you'r willing to add something significant there's no chance to move him.

Kevinsane

Kraken up.
Apr 11, 2022
Dawson Creek, BC
You guys are right. Any GM trading for that term at that cap hit would be rightfully pilloried. There are less expensive options out there.
We all like Gru, but it’ll be nice when that salary comes off the books.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
It might be a question of when. Not at the trade deadline for sure. But if he is solid the rest of the year and finishes with a save percentage in the .910 range, I can see some GM from a team with weak goaltending showing some interest. Almost certainly we would have to retain.

Toomany7pins

Dec 4, 2018
Seattle Area
We’ve been getting “playoff Gru” lately, and Joey D has been spinning his wheels of late. As one of Gru’s harshest critics at times I say no. If we were scoring more goals I could see it more.

Reactions: Renopucker

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I would be pretty surprised if Gru is moved any time soon.

1. He has another three seasons at a 5.9M cap after this season. I doubt Francis wants to retain for that long. If he continues playing well, he could be moved during his last 2 seasons.
2. I really like Daccord, but his sample size is very small. Do we have anyone in our prospect pool who can step into the big leagues and be good right away?

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
At one time during the season not so long ago Gru was struggling mightily and I would have welcomed a deal outta here especially with Daccord playing well most of the season. Now that Gru has found his groove again I'd say no because if they trade him they just have to find another 'tender to back up or be the first string! If GMFrancis thinks Alec Stezka is the answer which I doubt he is then...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad