Could DW Get a 1st Round Pick for Players He Gave a 1st For?

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I think the last thing in the world that I’m concerned about is whether the people on this forum respect my opinion. As they say, res ipsa loquitur, whether it is apparent to you or not.
Why would you say this? You obviously chose to come on here and talk about the Sharks with other fans.

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
Trading Burns for a massive haul seems enticing, given that he would return a huge package that would allow the Sharks to remain competitive for years. We could build this team around Karlsson like the other poster stated.
How about this proposal:
1. :sharksBurns
:jetsNikolaj Ehlers, Jack Roslovic, 2020 1st rounder
Sharks would get a influx of top six wingers for cheap. Ehlers would be reunited w/ Meier and Roslovic would have the opportunity to play in SJ unlike in Winnipeg where he is currently buried under a bunch of top six wingers. According to Jets fans, he has raw speed and talent, something the Sharks could really use. Of course, I don't believe Winnipeg would give up so much youth for a few years of Burnzie. However, given that Byfuglien isn't likely to return, they could really use a top 1D. Having that premier d-men would really put Winnipeg as a threat for the Cup. It would really hurt see Burns in a rival team, but they do appear to be a great trading partner.
:sharksBurns
:isles2020 or 21 1st round pick, Anthony Beauvillier, Oliver Wahlstrom
Tossing this proposal as there have been proposals on the main board by Islander fans for a top D-men. From the Sharks perspective, they have ample forward talent to give in return. Since we need more top six depth, we would request one of their younger forwards hoping they would develop into talent the Sharks need. Wahlstrom would be a nice addition in particular since we could really use a sniper to replace Pavs.
I'm guessing this is wistful thinking on my part, as no team would be so willing to part with young and cheap talent for an aging D-men, even one as talented as Burns.

That Isles trade is awful. Wahlstrom was garbage at BC last year, Beauvillier is good but I look at him as middle 6M not first line forward and the first will be in the mid round. So we are trading an MVP caliber player and Norris winner for that? No way. Better at least be getting Dobson, a first, a 2nd and probably two moe prospects that are good. There is no way we win a trade where Burns is moved especially because of his team friendly contract going forward.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
There’s just no way Burns is traded this season. Forget his skill, from a marketing perspective in a small market, he’s hugely important. He’s basically the face of the franchise after Joe.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
Burns and EK would get more than 1.

Kane would get one plus a good prospect because he's a legit top six wing

I'd give a first for someone to take Jones

Reactions: Phu

hateseed

TentacleGrapeSoda
Aug 3, 2011
Coastal California
This thread only makes sense if the OP meant a first (overall).

You really don't think Kane is worth the 31st pick to anyone? Last I checked a big % of first round picks don't even play significant NHL games. And GMs are not confident gamblers as a rule.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad